Sunday, July 9, 2023

Why Does God Hate Me? Sickness

 I am sick so God must hate me.


If you have spent any time on TV Preachers, you may very well have heard something like this.

“God loves you. He only wants the best for you. Just plant a seed and you will reap health wealth and wisdom. Yes, child of God, just give a healthy seed and you will be healthy. Pray to the God that raises the dead and He will heal you of anything that ails you. If you have been sick for a while, it is because the devil has you. The devil wants you. You just need to have more faith. Come on child of God, God wants you healthy, wealthy, and wise.”

First and foremost, this is false. As a matter of fact, this is a false teaching straight out of hell, most of the time from a preacher that is using God to get wealthy himself. It is a lie. How much faith do you think Paul had? Look at his life.
“But whatever anyone else dares to boast of—I am speaking as a fool—I also dare to boast of that. Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they offspring of Abraham? So am I. Are they servants of Christ? I am a better one—I am talking like a madman—with far greater labors, far more imprisonments, countless beatings, and often near death. Five times I received at the hands of the Jews the forty lashes less one. Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I was adrift at sea; on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brothers; in toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure.” 2 Corinthians 11:21-27
This is the man who was taught directly by the risen Christ Himself. The man who wrote a good percentage of the New Testament we read today. A man of the deepest faith known. A man that saw Jesus face to face and turned into one of the greatest evangelists that ever walked the earth. If God was going to bless anyone in this way, do you not think it would be him? Does it sound like he was healthy wealthy and wise? Were any of the disciples?

As a matter of fact, Paul can also show us this. Did you know he was sick? Now we do not know exactly what was wrong with him but he wrote this.
“So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:7-8
Read that again, Paul prayed and asked God three times, it says “I pleaded with the Lord.” He uses the word pleaded. To make an emotional appeal, or to present and argue for something. So God heard this prayer, this plea, this begging from His messenger Paul and He healed him right? Wrong. Look what Paul says was God’s response. But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” God said no.

It was not God that brought sin, sickness, disease, and death into this world. It was us. His creation did this. Can God heal you? Of course. Jesus raised the dead. It is wrong to ask Him to? Of course not. But there is no guarantee that God will.

Why? God knows our suffering and our sicknesses, ills, depression, whatever, He knows what will happen to us if He does heal us. He knows what will happen to others around us while we are sick, and or what will happen to others around us if He does heal us. Look at some examples in the Word of people of God who seems to not have been healed.

Jacob was ill and nearly blind on his deathbed. Genesis 48

King David, “A man after God’s own heart.” Died at around 70, cold and bedridden. 1 Kings 1

Elisha was sick and died from it.
“Now when Elisha had fallen sick with the illness of which he was to die, Joash king of Israel went down to him and wept before him, crying, “My father, my father! The chariots of Israel and its horsemen!” 2 Kings 13:14
Amaziah, king of Judah {Good King}
“And the Lord touched the king, so that he was a leper to the day of his death, and he lived in a separate house. And Jotham the king's son was over the household, governing the people of the land.” 2 Kings 15:5
Did God heal these people? No. Why? God knows. There was a reason. Sickness can happen for all sorts of reasons. Death can and does happen for all kinds of reasons. Paul tells Timothy, who was apparently sick often, that he should drink a little wine as well as just water. Look here.
“No longer drink water exclusively, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments.” 1 Timothy 5:23
Another faithful and blessed man of God who was sick often. What about you? You are sick? Maybe you were born a certain way? Maybe you heard these things above and you are depressed that God has not healed you. You may be fearing death. Here is something else to think about. It may not be about you.

Look what Jesus said about the blind man.
“As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him.” John 9:1-3
Look what Jesus said at the news of the death of His friend Lazarus.
“But when Jesus heard it he said, “This illness does not lead to death. It is for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified through it.” John 11:4
Let me tell you a brief personal story. I was married and blessed with three beautiful children. I was working a Job I love. Going to the gym three or four times a week. I was around 250 pounds with an athletic figure. An active member of my local church. Around 8 years ago, I started having some issues. I was tired. I was unable to sleep at night. Went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Severe Obstructed Sleep Apnea. Did the sleep study thing and they found I have the worse case that many involved ever saw. I left my full-time job because they kinda frown on you falling asleep while driving a city-owned vehicle down the road. I was blessed with the opportunity to join the staff at my church and become the Facility Director.

All good right? Well, then I was involved in a head-on crash that broke my leg so severely that I am now disabled. Walk with a cane. Through this process, I was also diagnosed with Diabetes, COPD, Obesity, now 310 pounds, and started to battle depression. God hasn’t healed me yet. Guess He hates me.

This is not true. God does not hate me. If none of this happened, I would not have met the people I have and had the free time to do some of the things I have done. Been blessed with time with my wife and kids. I feel incredibly blessed. I am a living example of Romans 8:28
“And we know that for those who love God, all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
Is SOSA, COPD, Diabetes, and a broken leg that made me even more disabled, good? Would God want me, as His child, to suffer? No. Of course not. But through all this, I have been more than blessed and have more time to do things like, well, this. Share the Word of God with people. To be at a friend’s side at a moment's notice in their time of need. If none of that happened, I would be working for the City, Monday through Friday, sometimes, Saturday, 7 am - 5 pm sometime later. I would still be wondering if life really is all about working, to pay bills. Got news for ya. It’s not.

All false teaching is evil and dangerous. Like all false teaching, the idea that every Christian should be physically healed miraculously leads to emotional severe, and spiritual consequences. Lies, even pious ones, are NOT innocent things. The false teaching of immediate physical healing for everyone leads many to judge others or despair over their "lack of faith."

It is so dangerous, that it even causes some parents to not give their children needed medical attention, and the world is outraged when the children die. Sometimes when a loved one dies or the individual himself is not healed, the person may become so disillusioned with God "not keeping His promises" that he leaves the faith entirely. They feel that “God hates me.” He doesn’t. Instead of concentrating on miraculous healing, start looking around at what you do have. Pray that God’s will will be done in your life. Ask Him what He wants you to do. You may be surprised.

Can God heal you? Of course. Will He do so when and how you want Him to? Maybe. Maybe the answer will be no. Will God heal you if you give me a thousand-dollar “seed?” Uh, no. Sorry. Your money and where you put it have nothing to do with your health. However, if you do not know Jesus, even perfect health means nothing.

You need to ask Jesus into your life, then say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Lead your children in this prayer when they reach the age of accountability. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believed He rose from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, You shall be saved." Romans 10:9. You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."Colossians 3:10

May the comfort of the Holy Ghost, and the peace of our Lord Jesus, be with you all. May God bless and be with you, always.

The Email if you wish to contact me, is truthbygod1@gmail.com

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...