Sunday, July 30, 2023

Why Does God Hate Me? My Plans Always Fail

 Why do my plans never work out?

Today we will wrap up our “Why Does God Hate Me?” series. I know we could keep this going for a long while to come but we will wrap it up with this, possibly the most common one of all. Why do my plans never work out? God must really hate me because my plans always fail.

Have you ever thought like this? I know I have. We all have desires and we all make plans, yet we have no clue what tomorrow will bring. Let’s look at the three most common desires that we have for ourselves and the future.

“Do you see them? Seriously? They make videos from the comfort of their own home and they have hundreds or thousands of followers. They are famous. They make thousands of dollars a week. In some cases, tens of thousands a day. Why can I not make videos and not have to go to work?”

“Look at them? They went out and said, enough of working for someone else. They started their own business and now they are rich, and they have nothing to worry about. I want to start my own business.”

“God?!? Let me hit the Lotto. I swear I will do so much good. I will give most of it away. Just let me hit it and see.”

Therein lies your answer. God does see. Oh, you can say whatever you want. I have said the last one often in the past. However, there is your answer. God DOES see. Let’s set aside this fact for a second.
“Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” James 4:13-15
Jesus said this to us.
Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” Matthew 6:34
We have no idea what will come of tomorrow. God does. We would love to believe that we know ourselves better than anyone, including God. But the truth is, God has been in our tomorrow and knows, not thinks, not believes, knows, what we will do. If we could, we may not be asking for these things. Here are some possibilities and what I believe would be the most likely outcomes.

“Do you see them? Seriously? They make videos from the comfort of their own home and they have hundreds or thousands of followers. They are famous. They make thousands of dollars a week. In some cases, tens of thousands a day. Why can I not make videos and not have to go to work?”

Do you see the videos? What kind of content are you thinking about? Well, maybe spreading the gospel? Or a cooking thing. Or an arts and crafts thing? I have made videos and gotten about 4 views. This little girl dances in her sister's underwear and gets 62 K views and has like 50 K followers. This “Tuber” comments on funny videos, while showing cleavage and making tens of thousands of dollars a day. So you do what? You change your content. You find other things that do seem to get more views. You are chasing the dream. Think about that for a second.

You are saying in your heart, “I want to be famous. I want to have a million followers. I want people to bow down to me, by clicking the play button, and I want to make money. I want to be the next big “influencer.” The next big internet ‘god?”

Sound familiar?
“How you are fallen from heaven,

O Day Star, son of Dawn!

How you are cut down to the ground,

you who laid the nations low!

You said in your heart,

‘I will ascend to heaven;

above the stars of God

I will set my throne on high;

I will sit on the mount of the assembly

in the far reaches of the north;

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;

I will make myself like the Highest.’” Isaiah 14:12-14
This is the original sin. Pride, The desire to be like God. the desire to be God. This is what led to the fall of mankind. Be careful child of God. As the serpent whispered in Adam and Eve’s ear,
“You will be like God,” Genesis 3:5
Did you know that some of those girls dancing half in some cases nearly totally naked in front of the camera, do NOT want to do it? They are forced to by their parents, and it has been discovered that in other countries there are whole industries of underage girls who are kept in warehouse settings and forced to make videos. Look at some of these profiles. I saw this underage girl doing a dance, totally topless, and the profile said something to the effect of “account control by a parent.” So they are pimping out their daughters? Like I said, be careful child or God. You may not know any of this but God does. So He said no to you making videos.

“Look at them? They went out and said, enough of working for someone else. They started their own business and now they are rich, and they have nothing to worry about. I want to start my own business.”

What kind of business do you want to start? A Restaurant. I love to cook and be creative and people love my food. I would open a restaurant and even a food pantry. Ok. So you do. You are a big hit. Everyone loves your food. One day, your Pastor comes in, “I haven’t seen you in church for a while?” Yeah well, Sundays are one of my busiest days and I have to be here. “How is the food pantry?” Well, I haven’t really had time, but I try to feed the homeless if they show up here. “How is the family?” Well, we are separated, she said I was spending too much time here and all of our money was going back into this place. I’m opening another one down the street soon. Just wait, it will be great.

God saw this. God said sorry, but no.

“God?!? Let me hit the Lotto. I swear I will do so much good. I will give most of it away. Just let me hit it and see.”

You hit the big one. One hundred million dollars, after taxes and fees. “Ok, God, just you watch. First I tithe, that is $10 million. The pastor will be happy. Then I’m going to buy a bigger house, new cars for the family. Ok, ok, maybe a boat. I always wanted one. But don’t worry, I’m going to give most of it away. Wait, what do you mean because you are my spouse you get half? We have plans. My plans? No, we agreed. What you are leaving? Taking half?

Pastor? You know, believe it or not, the pastor is human. Flesh and blood. Susceptible to all the temptations and sins as the rest of us. In some cases, even more so. Most churches pay their pastors out of the income from the tithe and offerings. 45 to 55 percent of the budget going to staff is healthy for mid-size to larger churches. Now of course that is not just the pastor but all staff. However, let’s say the pastor gets like 20 percent. You just handed him $2 million. What will he do with it? Better yet, what will he do with the other $8 million? Will he use it to build the kingdom? Or will he take the money and run? Will he share it with the staff? What will they do? You get the point. God sees all this. God says, sorry, not sorry, but no.
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
If what we are desiring, does not line up with God’s plans for us, guess what? He will say no. God knows all and sees all.
“The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.” Proverbs 15:3
He is in our yesterday, He is present in our today, and He is in our tomorrow. He knows all and He is watching out for us and our well beaning.

I have a son that LOVES fire. Loves it. My daughter loves fire too. Thinks it is pretty. I will not let them go too close to the fire pit or the stove, unsupervised. They have seen too many TV shows, magic shows, and internet nonsense, and they think, “Hey, I will not get hurt. I do not believe anything bad will happen. I can even go over there, and if I concentrate hard enough, I can reach in and pick up the fire and not get burned.” Yeah, that would be a no. Did I say no because I hate my kids? Of course not. I said no because I love them and want to protect them.

God is the same way. Forget He is God for a second and is smarter than us. I know right? But He has already seen us do these things and He has already seen the outcome. So He is back here, in this time, saying to us, “Yeah, that would be a no.”
“For whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.” 1 John 3:20
We have to trust in God. Rely on God. Have faith in God. He really does have our best interest in mind. Jesus tells us to seek first the kingdom of God and all our needs will be met. {Matthew 6:33} He tells us that He came to give us life and give it more abundantly. {John 10:9-11} God is not Internet fame. God is not a private business. Go is not the lottery. He is God.
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,

neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth,

so are my ways higher than your ways

and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8-9
Trust in the Lord. For He does love you. It does not matter if you think you are alone, sick, or even if you lost a loved one. It does not matter if your plans never work out, if you think you are poor, or if you never hit the lotto. You are a Child of God, and He is your Daddy. Never forget that. It doesn’t matter how you feel, or what you think. He loves you. He wants to bless you, He will be with you always. Just trust in Him.

If you have not already done so, you need to ask Jesus into your life, then say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believed He rose from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, You shall be saved." Romans 10:9. You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."Colossians 3:10

The Email if you wish to contact me, is truthbygod1@gmail.com

May the comfort of the Holy Ghost, and the peace of our Lord Jesus, be with you all. May God bless and be with you, always.

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...