Sunday, July 16, 2023

Why Does God Hate Me? I'm So Poor

 I'm so poor. 


“Seriously. I live paycheck to paycheck and sometimes, I do not even make it. I’ve cut out all kinds of things, I go without. Sometimes I even have to borrow money to make it through. Then sometimes, I have even lost friends and made loved ones mad at me, because I could not pay them back. Look at all these other people. I was saying something to a neighbor, and without asking he pulled out like two hundred dollars and handed me one hundred and said here ya go. Why can I not have two hundred bucks just sitting in my pocket? God must really hate me.”

The last one is a true story from me. It is also what I truly thought at the time. Man, that would be nice. Please do not misunderstand where this is going. Let me make this one hundred percent clear. This is NOT the “Prosperity Gospel.” I am not going to get up here and say something to the effect, “God loves you. Just plant a seed and He will bless you. Give me a thousand dollars, and all your troubles will go away. You will be healthy wealthy and wise. If you are not, well, that is your fault, just have more faith.”

First off, this is a lie straight from the evil one himself. Second, it is not even remotely close to what the Word of God says. As a matter of fact, it is the opposite of God’s plan for you and your life. Think about this. Why would Jesus say this?
“And Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly, I say to you, only with difficulty will a rich person enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” Matthew 19-23-24
Then turn around and make people rich? However, God does bless us. He does make us rich. But let’s stick to a worldly sense. We have talked about this before, and some find this difficult to comprehend. But if you live in this country, and you make a mere $10,000.00 a year, you are some of the richest people in the world. Our government forces most employers to pay FAR more than that. Think about the American poor. A roof over your head, running water, heat, AC, TVs, video games, one or two cars in the driveway to come and go whenever you want, a computer, AKA phone in your pocket. And if you cannot work? The government will take care of almost all of these needs.

World poor? Eat dirt and die. Do not work? Stave to death. I remember hearing when Obama was the President, that someone in the media discovered that he had a brother who was living in a shack, living off just twenty dollars a year. So you are not poor, even in a worldly sense. We must change our way of thinking as well.

God is not concerned with our vision or understanding of riches. He wants to bless us and He wants us to have a relationship with Him. He wants to be our “daddy,” and He will take care of us. Jesus puts it this way.
Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ orWhat shall we drink?’ orWhat shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” Matthew 6:25-33
Look what He says here.For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all." And then He says Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” But? There is a but there. What does He mean by “but?” Rather than. He is telling us rather than, worrying about everything, especially the basic needs we have, seek Him and His Kingdom. Grow closer to Him. Allow your faith to grow to a point where you completely trust and rely on Him. Not of yourself, or a job, or the world, but Him.

This is why Jesus said this to us.
Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:19-21
Let me share with you a short personal story. My testimony. I have been blessed over the years and have worked in Security, Corporate Investigations, Night Auditor, and Hotel Manager for ten years. I have been a cook, Dock Worker, and the last worldly job I had was for a local city government for 11 years. I actually loved all of them. Well, maybe not the dock worker so much, but the rest. Then I started having some medical issues. I tried to have them fire me, true story, I asked the big boss to do that, instead, they gave me a leave of absence. Now normally, this leave lasts two to three months, and then you have to quit or go back. Mine lasted over a year. During this time I became the Facility Director of my local Church. Then I was involved in a head-on car crash. Now out with all the medical issues and a broken leg that made me handicapped.

Could I have hated God for all this? Is this all not “bad” in some cases, “horrible” things that I have been going through? I’m a Husband and a Father of three, well, four really, children and how am I going to take care of them? I’m not. God is. You see, through all this, God made sure that we never missed a bill, went without food, or had to truly worry about anything. Why? I was doing what He asked me to do. I was tithing, having a relationship with Him, and trying to grow in my relationship with Him and His word.

Please do not miss understand here. I did not discover a rich uncle that died and left me a fortune. A magical mystical check for a million dollars did not show up in my bank account. I did not hit the Lotto. But you know what? There was no more need. Look here.
“Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need. I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of your soil, and your vine in the field shall not fail to bear, says the Lord of hosts.” Malachi 3:10-11
I can hear someone saying “See?!?!? I thought you said you were not going to talk about giving you money.” I’m not. I talk about what God commands. It is not me telling you to sow and reap and give me $1000.00 to be blessed. This is me telling you the same thing God tells you. If you tithe, which is 10 percent of what you make, then God says, 
“I will open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need. I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of your soil, and your vine in the field shall not fail to bear, says the Lord of hosts.”
Have you ever been in that situation? Where you get paid and all of a sudden, the bills come in, and “devour” your bank account balance. God promises if you are faithful and obedient, and you are His child, tithing, and relying on Him, that He “will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of your soil, and your vine in the field shall not fail to bear,” In other words, you will have enough income, to cover what you need to cover, and you will be blessed by God, to the point where there is no more need.

I seriously cannot tell you how often in my life, that I got paid on Friday, yet by Monday afternoon, I have very little left. Yet somehow? God, say God. Somehow. It all seems to work out and I make it to the next payday. I may not have millions, ok I may not have thousands, in the bank, but I have never been in real need. I’m been blessed with big things, A Camper, a Truck, two Jeeps, when I could not afford one of them, and I've been blessed with the little, food on the table. Lights on. Running water.

Now do not get me wrong, Would I love to say, hit the lotto, or find that rich uncle I never knew about and wake up with millions in the bank? Of course. Will that happen? God knows what I will do if it did. So I doubt it. I would love to think I would do so much good with it, however, God is in my future, He knows me better than I know me, therefore, what will be will be.
"Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.” But he said to him, “Man, who made me a judge or arbitrator over you?” And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.” Luke 12:13-15
Why does one covet? Because it is a natural, fleshly desire. Keeping up with the Jones.The love of money. Remember what the word tells us
“For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.” 1 Timothy 6:10
We see stories all through the Word, David coveted Bathsheba which lead to rape and murder. King Ahab coveted the Vineyard of Naboth which lead to deceit and murder.
“Keep your life free from the love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5
This is one of the things that is really hard to learn and fully comprehend. It is human nature to want more. I’m trying to teach my children this. They may not have everything they desire when they desire it. However, they always have what they need. I, as their father, take care of all the things they need not even worry about. They go to sleep and dream dreams. They get up take showers, eat breakfast or not, go out, come in, put on new clothes, and get comfy with old ones. Watch TV, or play video games. They ask me for things all the time. When possible, I will bless them from time to time. They do not work. They do not worry. They know, Daddy is here. Daddy will keep us, feed us, give us drinks when we are thirsty, clothe us, teach us, protect us, and love us. Always.

I got news for ya. Your heavenly Father will do the same. Why? Because he loves us. Because He desires to be our Daddy.
“For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.” Romans 8:14-17
Daddy is here. Daddy will keep us, feed us, give us drinks when we are thirsty, clothe us, teach us, protect us, and love us. Always. If you have been adopted into the Family of God, you ARE a Child of the Creator of the Universe. The Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the get I Am is your Daddy. Trust Him. Believe Him, Obey Him. Love Him. He loves you. He will never leave you. He will bless you more than you can imagine, sometimes in ways you can not even comprehend. Trust me, even if you have a 0 in your bank account at this time, you are richer than you can ever possibly know or understand. All because God does love you.

Have you been adopted into God’s Family? If you have not already done so, you need to ask Jesus into your life, then say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believed He rose from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, You shall be saved." Romans 10:9. You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."Colossians 3:10

Brand new Email if you wish to contact me, it's truthbygod1@gmail.com

May the comfort of the Holy Ghost, and the peace of our Lord Jesus, be with you all. May God bless and be with you, always.

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...