Sunday, November 13, 2016

The Way

 Not the Religion


As we get into the Holiday Season, October 9th I was at a Big Box Store and they already had their "Holiday Section" up and running with "Holiday Trees" Lights, ETC. Let's set aside that it was October 9th for a second. "Holiday" this or that.

Here is the thing, it really is Christmas Time. I do not care if you are Jewish, or Muslim, or even Christian, it IS Christmas. It is a time to celebrate and rejoice in the fact that.......
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." {John 3:16}
We are remembering what the Angel said.....
"Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." {Luke 2:10-14}
So why does it offend some, or why out of FEAR of offending some one are we no longer allowed to call it Christmas? While you hear songs playing in the background with these very words, you are told that you cannot say Merry Christmas?

Let me ask you this, if enough people said it offends them to call it Chanukkah, should we change it to being a Architect Appreciation Celebration? Or if we say Ramadan offends us, shall we change it to be Celebration of Writers?

Point is, it is all Religions that consistently argue and in the name of Religion, are most people Offended and or go on the Offensive. Whenever someone like me stand up and says, ENOUGH! It IS called Christmas. It is called Ester. There is only ONE God and ONE way to get there, and His name is JESUS!!! People attack.

"What makes you so sure your Religion is the right one and all others are wrong?"

First?
"Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." {John 10:7-10}
And this...
"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." {John 14:6}
Also this?
"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." {Acts 4:12}
You see, being a "Christian" is not about following this or that Tradition. It is not about going to this or that Building on Saturday or Sunday, for an hour or two. It is not about Singing Hymns and shaking Hands. It is about a one on one relationship with God Himself, that you can only have through Jesus..
"Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." {Romans 5:1-2}
As Paul wrote in Romans 8 "So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." If we are not walking in the Spirit, given to us by Jesus, we are in the Flesh. It does not matter how many Hail Marys you say. It does not matter how many times you go to Church, Temple, Synagogue, Hall, or anything else. As Jesus said, you can wash all the pots and pans you want, doesn't mean you are Saved.

Even back in the Old Testament, God was not pleased with "Religion" alone...
"A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land; The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?" {Jeremiah 5:30-31}
I've shared this a few times. But I really want you to think about this. What if I'm Wrong? Well, I try to live my life according to my Faith in Jesus, I try to follow what The Word of God tells me. I serve others before myself. I,,,,,,

Do not have any God before God.
Do not commit Idolatry.
Do not take the Lord's name in Vain.
Try to remember the Sabbath/
Honored my Father and Mother.
Do not Murder.
Do not commit Adultery.
Do not Steal.
Do not bear False Witness.
Try not to Covet

Then when I die, what? Nothing? I just fizzle out. Just go to sleep and nothing? OK. Then I'm no longer here. I have no idea that I'm even dead. I'm just nothing. So what did I lose living my life in Faith of God?

Now let's say I'm right. God is real. Jesus is real. God's Word IS His Word. and I live a selfish life. One where I am out for me and me alone. One that I use and abuse people for my own gain. Then I die and stand before God??? Actually, Jesus even warned us about this..
"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" {Mark 8:36}
I'm not sure about you, but I think I would rather believe in going to God through Jesus and come to nothing, than to believe in nothing and come to Jesus.

You see, we call it Christmas because that IS what it is. It does not matter if someone is offended or not. It is NOT about Religion. It is, right date or not, a time we set aside to remember and give thanks to God for His ultimate Gift. The Gift of Grace, Forgiveness, and Eternal Life..

Are you in "The Way" or are you following Religion? Are you living a one on one Relationship with God? Or are you waiting on someone else to tell you want to do. Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Right Up, Book of Mark

 Let's chat Hey folks, if you have been with us here at TAG, {The Truth According to God} for the past 50 weeks, congratulations, you j...