Sunday, November 6, 2016

Spiritual Food

Are you starving yourself? 


Taking Communion. As we take Communion, we do certain things, in the way Jesus taught us we should.. We break bread and eat as remembrance of His Body that He gave up to be broken for us all, and drink Wine, or Grape Juice, in remembrance of His Blood that He allowed to be shed for our Blood.
"And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me. In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you." {Luke 22:19-20}
Now wait a second. Is Jesus really advocating that we eat His flesh and drink His Blood? Is He advocating Cannibalism? No. Of course not. However, that is kinda what they thought back in the day..
"Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst."
{John 6:31-35}
Needless to say this did not sit too well with some. He went on a little later..
"I am that bread of life.Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him."
{John 6:48-56}
So again, is Jesus talking about Cannibalism? Of course not. Besides, to get gross here for a second, lets say His Disciples DID take Him to mean Cannibalism. They took Him off the Cross and cooked Him. One body would only feed so many people. Then what of all the people since? How can WE, NOW, Eat of Jesus's Body and Drink of His Blood? His Body, if He were a mere Man, would be long since Dust. But He was not then, nor is The Word today, talking about Cannibalism.

Remember the story of the Well?
"Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour. There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink. (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)

Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans. Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?

Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."
{John 4:6-14}
Remember, Jesus's first Temptation by the Devil was that of the Physical. He was Hungry and the Devil taunted Him and said why? Make the Rock Bread and eat. Jesus answered and said..
"It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." {Matthew 4:4}
What is Jesus's Flesh? What is His Blood? What should you be eating everyday? The Word of God. The Bible. John 1 declares that "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us." Briefly, The Word was with God in the Beginning. Nothing was created without The Word. The Word became Flesh {Jesus} and dwelt with us, and then went to be Perfect, with the Father. We have Spiritual Food that we must eat. It is the Word of God..

Communion is for a remembrance, and in a way, a thanksgiving to Jesus for His Sacrifice. However, you need to feed your Spirit everyday. Just like our Bodies, if we fill our Spirit with Junk Food, it will not be as healthy as it would with a Healthy diet. Garbage in, garbage out. You must Read God's Word. You must Pray. You must go a Church that God leads you to and become an active Member. Not just a Pew Warmer. But an active Member.

As you grow, you will need Spiritual Food of more substance and Spiritual Benefit. Instead of Milk, you will be eating Steak and Potatoes. However, do not forget this fact, if you do not feed your Spirit, you will not, nor can ever, grow. Your Spirit will never grow, mature, and become healthy. Do not starve your Spirit. It would not be a good thing..

Have you been Born Again? Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 50

 Chapter 50 1 Then Joseph fell on his father's face and wept over him and kissed him. 2 And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians...