Sunday, November 20, 2016

Thanksgiving

Thank God Daily..



As we are coming up on Thanksgiving, you know, that one day a year that we have set aside to remember to give God thanks. Oh we will all, me included, say Grace at the big Dinner with Family and Friends and when people ask me what am I thankful for, I will answer this....

My life, for without Him, I would not even be here in the first place.

My Wife. Without Him, I would not have been so blessed with a woman that supports me in any and every way. One that loves me no matter what. One that serves with me. One that I truly love..

My three beautiful Children. Joshua my first born Son. Elijah, the Second, and of course, my Baby Girl the Princess, Maya.

My Home, when so many have lost theirs.

My Job, same reason. Although I am currently talking to God about this one.. {Smile}

Car in the Drive.

Food on the Table.

Pretty much anything and everything..

The Word of God declares...
"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." {1 Thessalonians 5:18}
However, I do have a question for you.. If you are like me, and are TRULY Thankful to God for, well, EVERYTHING, then why do you only give Him thanks once a year?? Also, is giving Him Thanks in the method of speaking, merely saying it, enough, for all He has done for you?

The Word also declares this..
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." {Philippians 4:6}
What does this mean? It means you are a Child of God. He is your Father, yet rather, He is your Daddy. He is your Daddy 24-7 7 Days a Week, 52 Weeks a Year, from the time you were Adapted til the Day you leave this Earth to go to be with Him. Not a Day a Week, if you feel like going to Church, and MOST DEFINITELY NOT one day a year.

See, God wants a one on one relationship with you. Oh yes, of course He wants to be invited to Thanksgiving Day Dinner, but He wants a one on one, DAILY, relationship with YOU. He want to be there when you get up. He wants to be there when you lay down. He wants to be there in everything in-between. The Good Times. The Bad Times. He want s to meet your needs, Comfort you, Laugh with you. He wants you to BE His Child.

But here is the thing, He wants you to be in His Way..Fulfilling His Plan and Purpose for your Life.
"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful." {Colossians 3:15}
See we should be those people that other people look at and go, "Wait, what?" Seriously, we should be those people that we have all known or have known of. Always seemingly happy, no matter what is going on. Always ready to serve others. Always with a kind Word and a warm embrace. Open and Honest. Loving.

We need to also always be ready to explain WHY we are the way we are..
"Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!" {1 Chronicles 16:8}
Peter put it this way..
"But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect," {1 Peter 3:15}
Am I saying that we should not celebrate Thanksgiving. Of course not. I will be. I do it right every year. Get as stuffed as the Turkey and pass out in my Chair attempting to watch something on TV.

What I AM saying is, don't forget to Give thanks to God the other 364. He is not only God then, but He is God always..HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you all!!!

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Right Up, Book of Mark

 Let's chat Hey folks, if you have been with us here at TAG, {The Truth According to God} for the past 50 weeks, congratulations, you j...