Sunday, January 19, 2014

I Am Beautiful Because God Says I Am. Part Two, By Janis Smith

GRANDMA’S MIRROR, A REFLECTION OF GOD’S BEAUTY


By Janis Smith www.aspireministries.com 

You and I know people who embrace these truths in their lives because they simply radiate. My Grandma Money was one of those rare jewels. She knew that she was a reflection of God. She embraced who God said she was.

Her name; Beulah Crystal Water Money.

THERE IS POWER IN A NAME

There is powerful significance in a name. Looking at the Word of God, we often see the character of the person by their name. Think about Esther meaning “Victorious”. “The king loved Esther more than all the other women, and she obtained grace and favor in his sight.” Esther 2:17 Deborah meaning “New Era Of Leadership”. “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.” Isaiah 65:17 Mary is the name meaning “Blessed” “And having come in, the angel said to her, “rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!” Luke 1:28 And what about Hannah, which means,“Compassionate”. “The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy.”Psalm 145:8 God even changed the names of some of the people in the Bible because their life was about to dramatically change. For instance let’s look at the life of Sarai. Her name meant “woman of high rank” mostly because of her husband Abram’s position. God changed her name to Sarah, which meant “beloved”. “All glorious is the princess within her chamber; her gown is interwoven with gold.” Psalm 45:13. Because of who God saw her to be He changed it to Sarah. God was about to do something colossal in her life. Her name was to line up with His Word.

Your name is equally important. The Bible says that your tongue is a weapon bringing forth life and death. When your name is mentioned it not only speaks life into you but life into the atmosphere. It affirms who you are.

GOD IS !

God has many names, too many to mention but it is well worth looking them up and embracing WHO GOD IS! I recommend that you take time to soak in and declare His Names. They will change your life as you draw closer to Him and His Character through His Names and apply them to your life. (John Paul Jackson has a powerful soaking CD and Book, 365 NAMES OF GOD. You may visit his link @ www.streamsministries.com

Her name, Beulah Crystal Water Money was a reflection of who God made her to be. Beulah is a Hebrew name meaning, “marriage”. It was used in the Old Testament referring to the land of Israel. “You shall no longer be termed Forsaken, Nor shall your land any more be termed Desolate; But you shall be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah; For the LORD delights in you, and your land shall be married.” Isaiah 62:4 Remember the beautiful song “Beulah Land” sung by Squire Parsons in 1979 and how it touched our lives as we longed for Heaven. Crystal is a Latin word in origin and means “Sparkling” and “Pure”. “Do not let anyone treat you as if your are unimportant because you are young. Instead, be and example to the believers with…your pure life.” I Timothy 4:12. Water is an essential element of life. “Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.” John 4:10 “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” John 7:38. Money speaks of provision, wealth and blessing.

Grandma was a reflection of her name and who God created her to be. She loved her beloved Jesus with her whole heart reflecting His Glory. Her face was sparkling and pure reflecting her beautiful inner being. She poured from out of her heart living water. She loved her husband, children and grandchildren. Grandma Money simply loved people and dearly loved children. On occasion, my cousin Kim and I would spend the night in the “big house on the hill” with our Grandparents. In the afternoons, we would have the great privilege of sitting in the back yard, sipping lemonade, surrounded by neighborhood children. Grandma taught backyard Bible Schools during the day and poured into them, “and us” the love of Jesus.

It makes me smile when I go back in time and remember walking up Grandma’s steep concrete stairway, lined with white hydrangeas. (And sometimes a periwinkle blue depending on the acidity) As a little child I did not know they had such a fancy name and simply called them “SNOW BALLS”. Taking each step anticipating a big greeting. Carefully opening the door and stepping up onto the screened in porch I knew Grandma would hear me. Grandma would hear my footsteps, swing wide her door of love and kiss my face repeatedly. She would tenderly pinch my cheeks and take a good look into my heart. Always leaving behind prints of her lipstick and fingerprints of her love. Then, Grandma would take me into her arms and hug me until I was smothered and covered not leaving any room for doubt.

Grandma had a special way of letting me know over and over that she loved me. Sometimes she would simply glance around the corner or across the room past a sea of adults, catch my eye and give me a double wink…one eye at a time. I can feel her love even now as I write this precious memory for you my friend.

THE INDELIBLE MARK OF LOVE

Grandma left an indelible mark upon my life that is worth more than silver or gold. She gave me the greatest gift of all, love. Dear friend, Grandma was able to lavish her love upon me in this remarkable way because SHE KNEW GOD LOVED HER, ACCEPTING THE WOMAN GOD MADE HER TO BE AND WALKING IN IT! “Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift ofprophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails…” I Corinthians 13:1-8

Grandma was a beautiful lady, jolly like we think of Santa Clause. Her cheeks were rosy, her smile always drawn, she laughed a lot and her tummy did shake like a bowl full of jelly. She was full of the Holy Spirit and out of it flowed rivers of LIVING WATER!

Grandma lived into her nineties. In her latter years, she lived in a nursing home here in Chattanooga. I had the great privilege of spending precious and wonderful days with her. Although her body had changed and was no longer able to function as it once did…I could always count on a wink, a kiss, a pinch and a hug. Leaving the indelible marks of her love and life all over again. At times, Grandma slept quite a bit and did not really know what was going on in this world. However, she never lost who she was inside. Sitting by her bedside, reaching into her drawer I would always take out her pink long handled mirror. It always triggered a special time of reflection and joy for both of us.

You see she had looked into that mirror for many years. I remember as a little girl walking into her room looking across the bed and seeing her mirror on her tall dresser. I would stand on my tiptoes and pick up the silver long handled mirror. It was sitting on a little oval silver tray along with her perfumes. Sometimes I would spray a little of her fragrance on my tiny little wrist and neck and look into the mirror like Grandma did. I would look into that mirror with a pure little heart and smile, seeing the reflection of who God made me. Grandma among others showed me how to love myself like God loved me.

In latter years…when Grandma was in the Nursing Home, I would pull out the now pink plastic mirror placing it in front of Grandma’s beautiful face. She would always take her precious worn and weary little hand out from the warm blanket, smile and double wink at me. Taking hold of the mirror and positioning it just right it, she would wink and smile at her self and say, “BEAUTIFUL BEULAH”. It made her feel alive! She was proud of who God made her. Her voice rings within my heart even now. She is “BEAUTIFUL BEULAH” the reflection of who her GOD SAYS SHE IS and who I know her to be.

BE FILLED WITH GOD AND ENJOY THE OIL OF GLADNESS AND JOY

Precious woman of God, “There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God, The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.” Psalm 46:3-5

“Ho! Everyone who thirsts, Come to the waters; And you who have no money,
Come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.” Isaiah 55:1

Just as my Grandmother tapped into the living water of life, Holy Spirit invites you to come to the waters and drink! "Ho! Everyone who thirsts, Come to the waters; And you who have no money, Come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price." Isaiah 55:1 There is an oil of gladness and joy when we come to the River of God and Drink. When we drink of Who He is and rest in who He made us to be, He is then able to freely renew our strength in the river of joy. "...Do not sorrow, for the joyu of the LORD is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10. Come to the WATER and DRINK of HIS LOVE FOR YOU TODAY. You too are the reflection of who God says You are!You are loved with an EVERLASTING LOVE! "Nothing can separate you from the love of God. Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor epth, nor any other created thin, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:37-39 You are greatly loved! Tap into the intimate love of Jesus and step into the beautiful woman of God He has created you to be. Look in the mirror and see your reflection as Jesus shines upon you today! You are beautiful because GOD Says You Are!

PRAYER OF REFLECTION:

"Dear Jesus,

There have been times in my life where I did not know the truth in Your Word. I now realize and choose to believe and embrace the Truth of Your Everlasting Love for Me. You made me in Your image and I am a reflection of You. You promised to give me a future and a hope and I choose to step into it. No matter what others say about me, I know that You are the one Who created and fashioned me with great love, care and a plan and a purpose for good.

Lord, remove any man made walls that have been built throughout my life keeping me from knowing You, Your love for me and who I am in You. I repent for the times when I allowed people to speak death into my life, believing their negative lies. By the authority of Your Name, I break the chains of unforgiveness and thoughts of unworthiness. I forgive those who have hurt me. I receive Your love in its place. Today I choose to believe that Your Love toward me is patient and kind. Your Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things and endures all things. Your love for me will never fail because You love me unconditionally.

Beginning today I look in the mirror of Your Word and see what You say about me. I will diligently seek You daily and step into who You Say that I am. Fill the empty places in my heart that once held negative words with Your Holy Spirit. Pour Your Anointing Oil over my wounds so that I may once again be healed and whole. I choose to radiate Your love and light as I reflect Who You Are and Who I am in You. Becoming who You created me to be, glorifying Your Name."

I ASPIRE TO BE WHO GOD CREATED ME TO BE!

IN YOU I LIVE AND HAVE MY BEING

IN JESUS NAME!

BLESSINGS, GRACE AND LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Right Up, Book of Mark

 Let's chat Hey folks, if you have been with us here at TAG, {The Truth According to God} for the past 50 weeks, congratulations, you j...