Sunday, January 12, 2014

Five Most Common Regrets in Life, Number 1

1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

To recap, we have been discussing the Article that was written by Nurse Bronnie Ware. She spent some years dealing with people toward the end of their lives and found that there are five common regrets they had about life itself. To this point, we discussed...

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
2. I wish I didn’t work so hard.

What was the number one regret? "I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me."

Nurse Bronnie Ware wrote this..

"This was the most common regret of all. When people realize that their life is almost over and look back clearly on it, it is easy to see how many dreams have gone unfulfilled. Most people had not honoured even a half of their dreams and had to die knowing that it was due to choices they had made, or not made.

It is very important to try and honour at least some of your dreams along the way. From the moment that you lose your health, it is too late. Health brings a freedom very few realize, until they no longer have it."


How many times have you hear successful people say "You know, when I first started out, all these people told me I can't do it. That I would never be {Insert whatever here, a Singer, Actor, Radio Guy, Movie Star, Business Person. Whatever} But I chose not to listen to them. I followed my {Heart, Dream, Desire Whatever} and look at me now."

How many times have you heard someone that was at the end of there life, ask, "What if?" "If only?" "I wish I had at least tried." You see, it works both ways. If you listen to people telling you how you should live your life, your life becomes theirs. Not yours. You end up being someone you were never meant to be. Life is too short to live it for others. Along the way, you may also discover you totally missed out on actually living the life you were meant to live.

There is a passage in The Word, that took me some time to fully get. But I have made it my own. It is one hundred percent true. Simply put "I am what I am." Why? God made me this way. "But by the grace of God I am what I am:" {1 Corinthians 15:10}

The Psalmist worte:

Psalm 139:
13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
God tells us "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you," {Jeremiah 1:5} Jesus tells us that we should never fear. Not only does God love us, as His Children, "But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows." {Luke 12:7}

Think about that for a second. God "hast possessed your reins: thou hast covered you in your Mother's womb." "Your substance was not hid from God, when you were made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. God's eyes did see your substance, yet being unperfect; and in God's book all your members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them."

You are YOU. Why? Because God made you YOU. You are as tall as you are. You are Male or Female. You are Black or White. You have Blonde Hair, or Brown, or Red. God made you who you are. You were "Fashioned" as God saw fit. He even took the time to number the hairs on your head. There is only one of you, and God knows EVERYTHING about you. He loves you.

In Romans we find the Five Steps of an Anointed Life.

Romans 8
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
Again, God,,,

1 "For whom He did foreknow," knew you before you were even conceived. Wrote your members in His Book. You were Fashioned, or Formed, the way God chose you to be.

2 "He also did predestinate " He set up a plan and a purpose for you to accept Jesus's Sacrifice and be called into the Family of God. He has plans for you.

3 "Moreover whom He did predestinate, them He also called" This is where you come in. God calls you. You are reading this for a reason. You accepted the invitation to go to Church with Family or Friends this past Holiday Season for a reason. You clicked on that TV Preacher while surfing for something to watch, for a reason. God is calling you.

He does not care what you think. He does not care what you have done. He does not care about what others may or may not think of you. He is calling YOU. The same eyes that looked into Matthew's sitting at the Table of Customs, Peter on the Fishing Boat, Saul on the Road to Damascus, is looking into your eyes right now, saying "Follow me." What is your answer? Yes, or No?

If you say No. Nothing will change. There will be no hail of fire and brimstone falling down on your head. There will be no demons slithering up through the ground to suck you into Hell. Truth is, things will go on for you pretty much as normal. You will either fail or succeed in your life. You will still be the choices you make.

If you say Yes? Then,,,,

4 "whom He called, them He also justified" Meaning "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with Him, that we may be also glorified together." {Romans 8:15-17} Which is the Last Step...

5 "them He also glorified." God will glorify you in the end. "But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." {Matthew 24:13} And "Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake, who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting."{Luke 18:29-30}

You see, Jesus knows that some will turn away, when you become a Child of God. Jesus even so much as told us that we would be down right HATED by some. Even those that we love, may turn their backs, when we start talking about God. Why? "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you." {John 15:18} Never care what others think of you. Only care what your Father thinks of you. People come and go. God is there, always.

Lets say that God puts it into your heart to be a Business Owner. You may have many people telling you, "You can't do that." Or a Singer. "You can't do that. Your not good enough." Or a person with their own Radio Show. "Who do you think you are?" Better yet, what if God calls you to Preach? Then you may see those you love turning their backs on you a WHOLE LOT quicker. Truth is, the World loves it's own. It HATES anything that is not.

Think about Moses, Jonah, Jeremiah, Ananias, just to name a few. These are reluctant Servants of God. They themselves did not think they would be able to do it. Forget about others. They themselves didn't think they were God's right choice. In the end, they were obedient, and everything worked out as God Planned. Whatever it is, that God tells you to do. Just do it. Be you. Let others worry about themselves.

Do not let not being you, true to yourself, your dreams, or whatever it is God puts in your heart, be one of your End of Life regrets. Life your life. Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

This article by Bronnie Ware, first appeared on inspirationandchai.com via @ Real Farmacy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Right Up, Book of Mark

 Let's chat Hey folks, if you have been with us here at TAG, {The Truth According to God} for the past 50 weeks, congratulations, you j...