Sunday, September 26, 2021

Responding to People, Enemies

 Responding to People, Enemies  


Hello, we are talking to "Christians" or directly to children of God. If I was not talking directly to children of God, what I am about to say would be nearly impossible. No. I believe it would be completely impossible. We are talking about how to respond to people.

First? We MUST respond to people first and foremost, as Jesus did, with Love.

Second, we MUST respond to those who throw false allegations towards us, with silence.

Today? Today we are going to talk about how to respond to those who chose to become our enemies. Oh, you have enemies. Jesus told us we would have.
"You will be hated by all for my names sake." Luke 21:17
Why?
"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. But all these things they will do to you on account of my name because they do not know him who sent me." John 15:18-21
They hated Jesus so much that they tortured and killed Him in a horrific way. How did He respond to them? He forgave them. He prayed for them. He opened a way to SAVE them. While hanging on that cross, Jesus prayed to the Father and He said this.
"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” Luke 23:34
"Yeah, but he is God. Of course, He loved His enemies. I'm not Him. I do not believe that He would really expect me to do something like this. I just try to avoid those that seem to hate me. I just stay away from them. Isn't that good enough? Hey, at least I did not kill them"

Well? Jesus actually told us this.
"You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." Matthew 5:43-48
This is not really new. Look at what God has been telling us in His word for thousands of years.
"If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat, and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink, for you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you." Proverbs 25:21-22
Paul repeated this in his letter to the Church in Rome
"Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:19-21
That was a valuable lesson for me to learn. It really was. It is something that is so powerful for you to get, it will change your life if you fully get it. There is NOTHING that you can do to anyone or anything, that is even worthy to be compared with what God can and will do, to your enemies. Complete cities have been destroyed. I have personally seen entire businesses and companies go away after mistreating a couple children of God. The ways that I have personally seen God deal out vengeance? I'm glad I was on the right side.

We are told, on the contrary, to LOVE our enemies.
"if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink;"
Jesus took it even farther,
"You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you."
WHY? Why would Jesus tell us this? Because we were once enemies of God. WE WERE! We were enemies of God that deserved hellfire and damnation. Jesus loved us. We did everything you can possibly do to Him and He saved us.

We may be the only Jesus that some people will meet on earth. What do they see when they look at us? "I hate that guy. I have done all I can to get him fired. I have gotten him thrown out of where he was living. I did whatever I could to hurt him. He flipped me off. I win. Hahaha!"

Or?

"I hate that guy. I have done all I can to get him fired. I have gotten him thrown out of where he was living. I did whatever I could to hurt him. He never yelled back at me. He actually smiled. He said 'I forgive you.' He said 'Jesus loves you.' I just found out that I was about to lose my job but he went into the boss and saved my job. He left so I could stay working. WHY?! Why would he do that? What is this Jesus stuff all about anyway/"

Now, you are still unemployed. You are still out of the place you were living. You may not even ever know that how you responded to your enemy, turned your enemy into a child of God. You do not have to know. It ain't about you. It is about God. We are to be the very image of the love of God. What is love?
"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now, we see in a mirror dimly but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:4-13
Love your neighbor as yourself? Yes. Love each other as Jesus loved us? Yes. Love our enemies? YES! This is what we are called to do. The only way you can do this? Is to have the love of God in you. To have Jesus in you. To BE a child of God. say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believed He rose from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shall be saved." Romans 10:9. You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."Colossians 3:10

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. 2 Corinthians 13

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...