Sunday, September 13, 2020

Supernatural is Real, You.

Yes, YOU are supernatural.

If you have been with us for the past few weeks, you know we are discussing the belief in the supernatural. Some see it as silly for someone to believe in the supernatural. Some find it difficult to say they believe in the supernatural. My favorite, "How do you believe in the Bible and all this supernatural stuff at the same time.

We discussed how the supernatural is real.

God is supernatural.
To believe in evolution you must also believe in the supernatural.
The Word of God is supernatural.
Evil is supernatural.
Hell is a real place. So is Heaven, supernatural.
The devil is supernatural and real.
Jesus is supernatural.

Which brings us to today. Did you know that you are supernatural? Yup. You, just being you, are supernatural by design. Yes, by design. Have you ever thought about that? Have you ever wondered, what would have happened if my Mother and Father had never met? If they never fell in love? If they never had me? What if the Mother and Father never met, never fell in love, never had, Noah? Moses, David, John, Saul, Matthew? What if the Mother and Father of George Washington never met? Martin Luther King? Any of the great people in history? What if the doctor that just operated on you, or a loved one, never was? The firefighter that just saved the lives of a Mother and child in the blazing inferno that was their home?

I really want you to get this concept. What if? What if you never were? Imagine all the people that you have effected in your life. What if you never were? Who would have affected them? How would their lives have changed? Everyone you come into contact with, in your daily life, is there for a reason. Think about that. None of it is by accident.

Do you know how your Mother and Father met? Where? Let's say they met at a grocery store. If it was necessary for this moment in time, for this "chance meeting" to take place, imagine all the work God did to make that happen. He put thought into the head of the owner, to buy the land, or rent the building. He placed that desire to create a store. He arranged the isles. He placed items that both your Mother and Father went there to get, so they would end up meeting. They did. Hence, YOU came about. You came about because God created you the way He wanted to. Turn to Psalm 139
"O Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it.

Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,” even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you.

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." Psalm 139:1-13
You are here because God created you. You were formed in the way God chose you to be. You have blonde hair and He wrote that in His book. You are 6 foot tall, 5'1" Black, White, Male, or Female, because God created you this way. Oh, as a side note, God does not make mistakes. "But what about people who are born with one leg or no legs? God wants that life for them?" Short answer? Yes. It may be through them that God has plans for someone else. That is a whole other sermon, but the basic bottom line is you are who you are, what you are, and have the skills you have because God made you that way.

Here is something else you may not have been taught that often. You WILL be resurrected. Yes, I am using that word intentionally. Did you know there is a resurrection for all?
"Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment." John 5:28-29
The King James version says it this way. "Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

Point is, you will live forever. This life here is nothing. In the span of eternity, what are 75 years? Less? Even up to 100? The Bible calls this life as a vapor. Here one second, and gone the next. We do not know when that will happen for us, but it will happen. Jesus tells us a story of a man who spent his life storing up treasures in barns. He ended the parable with this statement.
"But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?" John12:20
Do you really think that God creates you and that is it? No. Of course not. Let's look at the 5 steps of an anointed life. There are the same three, for every life. First, as we discussed, God foreknows you. Well, turn to Romans 8:29
"For those whom he foreknew, he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified."
So the steps are these.

1- God foreknows you. He creates you for a very specific reason.
2- He predestinated you for something. He has a plan and a purpose for you and your life.

Do you really think that David, as this little scrawny kid, tending sheep, while his brothers went off to war, really thought he would be one of the greatest Kings to ever live? Do you really think that Saul, while he was hunting down and killing Jesus followers, that he would end up being the greatest evangelist next to Jesus there ever was? Or that he would write a lot of the New Testament we read today?

God Foreknows you. Then He sets up a destiny. A plan and purpose for your life. Then we get to step three. Here is where you come in/

3- God calls you.

Now you can say no. You can decide not to accept the call. This is where God simply moves on to someone else. He will not waste time trying to convince you. He simply calls you. We have free will to say yes or no. For today's message, let's say you say "Yes."

4- God Justifies you. This is a time of learning, growing, and preparation, to accomplish what God has called you to do. I know some who have attempted to skip this step. It usually does not end well with them.

Once God has arranged for you to be and set up a plan and purpose for you and your life, He then calls you. Peter on the Fishing Boat. Matthew at the Table of Customs. Saul on the road to Damascus. You, wherever you are. Wherever you first heard the Word. He, The Lord of Lords, the King of kings, God is calling you.

Now most know that Jesus said this in John 14:6-7
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him."
But Jesus also said this.
"And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed. I have manifested your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world. Yours they were, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. Now they know that everything that you have given me is from you. For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you, and they have believed that you sent me. I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours. All mine are yours, and yours are mine, and I am glorified in them."John 17:5-10
You can not find Jesus unless God sends you to Him. You can not find God but through Jesus. It is God who calls you to Jesus and Jesus that Justifies you to be able to see God. 

Here you are, minding your own business, driving to work, or home, and you see the bumper sticker "John 3:16" Or here you are minding your own business, surfing the channels, and you come across a TV Preacher talking about something that hits you. Or here you are, minding your own business, surfing the Internet when you stumbled across this Blog, or that site. It is not an accident.

You start feeling this overwhelming desire to learn more about this God or this Jesus. You do. Then Jesus is the one that justifies you. Through saying the Prayer of Salvation and receiving the Spirit of Adoption, you are now a Child of God. You are now washed clean and pure by the Blood of Christ. If you have just heard of these things for the first time, and you want to know how to be saved, it really is as simple as saying this Prayer. All you have to do is ask. Let's pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believe He raised from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. Now you have the ability to receive the Holy Spirit. Now you are a child of God. You are now able for God to justify you. You are now ready for God to show you what His Will is for you and your life.

"But, what can I do? You don't know the things I have done in my life. I'm not skilled in this or that. I have no gifts. What can I possibly do for God?" Whatever He tells you. You see, God knows you. He knows what you have done. He no longer cares. Look at Saul? He became Paul, who wrote most of what we call the New Testament. What have you done? Matthew was a Tax Collector. Peter a Fisherman. God does not care who you were before you accepted Christ's gift. He cares what you do NOW.

If God wants you to heal people, you will wake up one day and someone will be healed. If He wants you to work miracles, you will receive the gift to do so. Perhaps you will simply be a sower of the seed. Whatever it is that God wants you to do, HE will teach you what it is and HE will justify you to do so. Seek out HIS plan and purpose for your life.

Some are called to part waters. Some are called to do nothing but give birth. Perhaps your role in God's overall plan is to build an ark, or, simply tell one person that you see every day, about the Truth, and the plan of salvation before it is too late for them? Maybe they will hear you when they would listen to no one else. Yes, It may be that simple. There is no insignificant role in God's plan, and you are important.

Whatever it is God calls you to do, will not come back to you void. You will face obstacles. You may face persecution. But if you endure to the end, you will be glorified by God Himself. All you have to do is be obedient to Him and His Will. There is nothing that can compare to God-glorifying you for completing what HE asks you to do. Nothing. Nothing can compare to appearing before Jesus Himself, when your time is up here on earth, and hearing Him say.
Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ "Matthew 25:21
1- God foreknows you.
2- Sets up a plan and purpose for your life.
3- Calls you.
4- Justifies you.
5- Glorifies you.

Do not get derailed on step 3. If God is calling you, get up, and follow Him. Get to know Him. Seek out His plan and purpose for your life. Allow Him to justify you. Life is shorter than you think on this earth but much longer than you can even imagine after. Say "Yes." and be the supernatural child of God He is calling you to be.

Until next time, be blessed, and be a blessing. Jesus IS Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...