Sunday, September 6, 2020

Supernatural is Real, Jesus


Jesus is supernatural,


Well? This one seems pretty easy to understand. Even if you are not well versed in the Word, you most likely heard that Jesus was born of a virgin, supernatural. He turned water into wine, supernatural. Healed the sick and raised the dead, supernatural. Walked on water, and calmed the storm, supernatural. Feed five thousand with a small fish and a few loaves of bread, supernatural. Was killed and on the third day, raised from the dead, without a doubt, supernatural. 

Even if you do not really understand the slightest bit about Jesus, just some of these highlights point out without a doubt, the supernatural nature of Jesus Himself. So we are not going to hit all the talking points in reference to the works Jesus did. Rather, we are going to discuss who Jesus is. 
"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters." Genesis 1:1-2
In the beginning God. In the beginning, His Spirit
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1
In the beginning, was God, His Spirit, and the Word. The Word was a real person. 
"He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:1-5
Then look at this. John 1:14
"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth."
Who became flesh and came to earth and dwelt among us? Jesus. Who is Jesus? The living Word of God. In the beginning was God, His Spirit, and the Word, who later becomes flesh, aka, Jesus. 

Now let's look at what Jesus Himself tells us in John 10:27-30
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one.”"
Read that last part again. "I and the Father are one."Then talking to us about after He leaves the earth? Turn to John 14 starting at verse 18
"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
Wait. Stop. What did He say? "I will come to you." I. Continue on...
"Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you." 
Stop. He said "I in you." Now, remember He is promising the Holy Spirit here. He said He would not leave us comfortless but would send the Holy Spirit. Yet? He said, "I will come to you." " I in you." Continue.
"Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”
Who? Jesus. "I will love him and manifest myself to him.”
"Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?” Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."
Again, read this carefully. "and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."

So Jesus promises the Holy Spirit, who walked on water in the beginning. Who else walked on water? Yup. Then Jesus tells us HE would come to us. Then He tells us the Father will love us and "WE will come to him and make our home with him." I know many of you have heard of the trinity. God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit, three yet one. 

We see Jesus depicted in this way in Hebrews 1:3
"He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high," 
Jesus is, without a doubt, the very definition of supernatural.  He is the Living Word. The Living Water, the Bread from Heaven, The Door, The Good Shepard, He is the Way, Truth, and Life. He is all God and all man.

Did you ever really think about that? The God of the Universe, who created all that is, was, or ever will be, became a simple and humble man. He allowed, make no mistake about that, He allowed us, His creation, to torture, and put Him to death. He raised from the dead on the third day, and it is HE, who comes and dwells in you when you believe in Him. No wonder the Word declares, 
"Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." 1 John 4:4
Not sure a truer statement was ever spoken. Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will heal you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a Sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus and His Sacrifice for me. I believe that He raised from the Dead. I repent my Sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is just that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...