Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Meeting God

Ever thought of this?


Read Pauls encounter when he met Jesus.
"But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven shone around him. And falling to the ground, he heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do.” The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one. Saul rose from the ground, and although his eyes were opened, he saw nothing. So they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. And for three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank." Acts 9:1-9
Ever think about this? How incredible it would be. How amazing. How amazing it would be to actually meet Jesus. To meet God face to face? Actually? It happens all the time. Just a few places? Walking in the Garden in Genisis. Talking with Abraham Genesis 18:1-14. He fought for Joshua Joshua 5:13-15. He fought for Gideon & Israel Judges 6:11-22. He was there in the Fiery Furnace with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego Daniel 3:23-28.

I know I know. You are thinking this is great. However, this is all Old Testament stuff. Of course, Jesus appeared to people in the New Testament, when He actually came to Earth in the form of Man. But what does any of that have to do with me? Jesus no longer appears to anyone?

Are you sure about that? Jesus is all around us. God is everywhere. Go outside and look around. His creation cries out His name. The Sun, the Moon, the Stars. The Birds of the Air and the Fish in the Sea. Don't want to go outside? Look in the Mirror.
“Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." Genesis 1:26-27
Side note: Who was God talking to when He said: "Let US make man in OUR image and OUR likeness"? Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Yes. They have always been as well.

I am talking about ACTUALLY meeting Jesus. Actually Meeting God. Not some concept or idea. No. Actually meeting God. It happens all the time. You HAVE already met Him. He came to you in one of three forms. Of course, the easiest for most people to accept is the concept of meeting The God of Heaven in the form of the Word. Reading the Bible, talking directly to Him. Praying. Most understand that God answers Prayers. If you do not know this, I assure you He ALWAYS does. Some times the answer is NO. But He always does.

Then you have the Holy Spirit. The whisper in your ear. Tough at your Spirit. Call to come to Church. The thought of Right and Wrong. The thought or Passage that just pops into your head. That is the Holy Spirit trying to call you out of the World and to God Himself. That is the Holy Spirit that Jesus told us about in John 14
I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”
In Verse 23, read this and understand.
If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."
Notice He says "I" Jesus, "I" will come. Then He says "We" God the Father, Jesus, and He is referring to the Holy Spirit, will come, and "Make our home with him." Who? You.

Third? The Third way Jesus can come to you is to ACTUALLY come to you. In-person. In Human form. Yes. He can and still does do this. Now do not be mislead. Will He come and appear all in White with a blinding light with the sounds of Angels Praising and Singing to and about Him? He could.

However, He could, and more likely, He could appear to you looking like, well, you. Looking like me. Looking like anyone. Remember when Jesus appeared to His disciples following His Crucifixion?
"That very day two of them were going to a village named Emmaus, about seven miles from Jerusalem, and they were talking with each other about all these things that had happened. While they were talking and discussing together, Jesus himself drew near and went with them. But their eyes were kept from recognizing him. And he said to them, “What is this conversation that you are holding with each other as you walk?” And they stood still, looking sad. Then one of them, named Cleopas, answered him, “Are you the only visitor to Jerusalem who does not know the things that have happened there in these days?” And he said to them, “What things?”"
They go on to tell Him all the things that happened with them and Jesus. To? Jesus. They were walking with and talking to the same Jesus that they spent nearly three years with, daily. They did not know who He was.

Jesus can and will come to you in the form of a stranger if it is in His Will. Remember this warning of Paul in his letter to the Hebrews.
"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." Hebrews 13:2
In a lot of cases in the Word, when we are told stories of Angels visiting, it turns out that it is actually Christ Himself. He is the same Yesterday, Today, and Forevermore. Do not be surprised if He comes to visit you face to face. As a matter of fact, Jesus makes this statement in Revelations 3:20
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into him and eat with him, and he with me."
Then you also have this little tidbit. Did you know that when someone meets YOU, they are meeting Jesus? You may be the only Jesus that they will ever meet. Remember, Jesus said this about YOU.
"I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”
The same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead, is in you. Remember, "I" and "We" are in you. God, Himself, is in you. We someone meets you, they are meeting the Spirit of Jesus. What kind of Jesus are they meeting? Think about that.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will heal you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a Sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus and His Sacrifice for me. I believe that He raised from the Dead. I repent my Sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is just that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all. Amen.{2 Corinthians 13}


Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...