Sunday, August 4, 2019

Jesus in the Old Testament, Ezekiel

Jesus in Ezekiel 


Welcome. We have been examining this Statement by Jesus. John 5:39.
You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life, and it is they that bear witness about me,"
Ezekiel means ''God shall strengthen'' or ''strength of God.'' Like Isaiah before him, Ezekiel was granted a vision of God. Isaiah's experience focused upon the Holiness of God. Ezekiel's centered not only upon Holiness but also upon God's Glory. There is no other Book in the Bible except Revelation, that may be harder for the reader to fully understand due to all the Symbolisms and Visions.

Here are some of the parallels:

Both Ezekiel and John saw the Rainbow, a sign of the Covenant.

Both saw the blazing purity of God’s Presence. To Ezekiel, a dazzling brightness above; to John, like a Sea of Glass.

Both had a vision of Lamps representing God’s Spirit.

Both saw four living Creatures, whose sound was like rushing Water {Ezekiel 1:24; Revelation 19:4-6}

Both were given a Scroll to eat, and then told to go and Prophesied {Ezekiel 1:28; 2:1, 8-10; 3:1-4; Revelation 10:1-2, 8-11}

Like John, Ezekiel finds it difficult to describe what he has seen. He speaks of “the figure like that of a man” who had ”the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord” {Ezekiel 1:28}. The ”glory of the Lord”, here clearly refers to the presence of God revealed in a person.

In the very first Verse, Ezekiel says this.
"In the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, on the fifth day of the month, as I was among the exiles by the Chebar canal, the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God."
He goes on to say this.
"And above the expanse over their heads there was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like sapphire; and seated above the likeness of a throne was a likeness with a human appearance. And upward from what had the appearance of his waist I saw as it were gleaming metal, like the appearance of fire enclosed all around. And downward from what had the appearance of his waist I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and there was brightness around him. Like the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud on the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness all around.

Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard the voice of one speaking." Ezekiel 1:26-28
He literally saw Jesus there. Sitting on His Thrown. Turn to Revelations 1. John sees into Heaven and sees Jesus.
"Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash around his chest."
Jesus even tells John, in case there was any doubt, exactly who He is.
"When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades."
In Chapter 2 we see Ezekiel's Call from God.
"And he said to me, “Son of man, stand on your feet, and I will speak with you.” And as he spoke to me, the Spirit entered into me and set me on my feet, and I heard him speaking to me. And he said to me, “Son of man, I send you to the people of Israel, to nations of rebels, who have rebelled against me."
What did Jesus call Himself over and over? "Son of Man." Remember when Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist? Matthew 3:16-17
"And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”"
Remember what Jesus told those who he was walking with when the Canaanite Woman approached them?
I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
In Chapter 7 we see God warning us through Ezekiel, the end is coming.
"The word of the Lord came to me: “And you, O son of man, thus says the Lord God to the land of Israel: An end! The end has come upon the four corners of the land. Now the end is upon you, and I will send my anger upon you; I will judge you according to your ways, and I will punish you for all your abominations."
Jesus tells us that the End is coming.
"For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done."
In Chapter 13 we see a warning of False Prophets.
"They say, ‘Declares the Lord,’ when the Lord has not sent them, and yet they expect him to fulfill their word. Have you not seen a false vision and uttered a lying divination, whenever you have said, ‘Declares the Lord,’ although I have not spoken?”"
Jesus warns us of the False Prophets as well.
"See that no one leads you astray. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray." Matthew 24:4-5

"For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect." {24}
In Chapter 16 we see that God calls us to be His Bride. Yet even though He prepared us, we failed to be worthy and Sinner. Auderated ourselves with others. So Jesus came to be our Bridegroom and Wash us and prepare us again for the Wedding.

In Chapter 18, we read this.
"If a man is righteous and does what is just and right if he does not eat upon the mountains or lift up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, does not defile his neighbor's wife or approach a woman in her time of menstrual impurity, does not oppress anyone, but restores to the debtor his pledge, commits no robbery, gives his bread to the hungry and covers the naked with a garment, does not lend at interest or take any profit, withholds his hand from injustice, executes true justice between man and man, walks in my statutes, and keeps my rules by acting faithfully—he is righteous; he shall surely live, declares the Lord God.

If he fathers a son who is violent, a shedder of blood, who does any of these things (though he himself did none of these things), who even eats upon the mountains, defiles his neighbor's wife, oppresses the poor and needy, commits robbery, does not restore the pledge, lifts up his eyes to the idols, commits abomination, lends at interest, and takes profit; shall he then live? He shall not live. He has done all these abominations; he shall surely die; his blood shall be upon himself."
Remember what Jesus taught us He will say at the Day of Judgement?
"Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
In 34 we see a Warning against the False Sheppards. We know that Jesus is the Good Sheppard. {John 10}

God warned us through Ezekiel this in Ezekiel 39:7-8
“And my holy name I will make known in the midst of my people Israel, and I will not let my holy name be profaned anymore. And the nations shall know that I am the Lord, the Holy One in Israel. Behold, it is coming and it will be brought about, declares the Lord God. That is the day of which I have spoken."
Jesus tells us that on this day.
When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations,"
In Ezekiel’s Vision, he sees the Lord Jesus revealed as the Heavenly God in the form of Man. He sees the Divine God who would become a Human Being. Ezekiel Prophesies that Jesus will be revered as the "Good Shepherd" who will give his life for God’s Chosen People. Then Ezekiel sees the Work of Jesus represented by a Glorious Temple, enhancing the Revelation of the other Hebrew Patriarchs and Prophets who present Jesus as the Cornerstone, our Ransom Sacrifice, the Scapegoat, our Passover Lamb, our great High Priest. Christ is indeed in all the Scriptures as we are finding out, Clearly, for all those who can recognize Him, for all those who worship Him, and for all those who Obey His Commands.

For others, who are still Blind, the Lord Jesus remains a Mystery, and a Stumbling Block, Which is why so many of his Apostles and Prophets, like Ezekiel, were treated with such disdain. Ezekiel was rejected by God’s People, even as he preached the Truth that is Jesus Christ.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a Sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus and His Sacrifice for me. I believe that He raised from the Dead. I repent my Sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}
If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all. Amen.{2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, Be Blessed and Be a Blessing to another. Jesus IS Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...