Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Knowing Your Lazarus

Hello Rich Person. 




Hello Rich Person. Yes, I am talking to you. Did you know this fact? If you make only $10,000 dollars a year, you are in the One Percent of the Riches people on the Earth. Yup. Ten Thousand Dollars a year. That is roughly $800 a month Not a Paycheck. A Month. How much do you make?

Think about this. Most Poor around the world have no home, running water, electric, a ready source of food. They eat garbage, bugs, and dirt. Whatever they can find, or they DIE. Our Poor? American Poor? Here is the legal and actual definition of American Poor. People that make less than the following.

$12,486 for a single individual under age 65,
$14,507 a household of two people with a householder 65 years or older with no children,
$24,339 for a family of four with two children under age 18,

American Poor, have a home, running water, and a ready source of food. We have a car, sometimes two, cell phones, laptops, access to the Internet. No one is walking around naked. No one is starving to death. In this country, if you do not work, the Government will take care of you and your family. Other places around the world? They follow what the Bible says.
"For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat." 2 Thessalonians 3:10
Now, of course, I'm not referring to those who cannot work for various reason. I'm speaking of those who chose not to. Think about this really harsh story Jesus told us.
"There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead." Luke 16:19-31
Think about that for a second. Jesus was referring to YOU. He was talking about someone who has a Home, ready access to food and water. Wearing nice clothes. Living in comfort. Who KNEW. Knowing to be a key here. Knew that Lazarus was suffering, having nothing, and he did nothing about it.

Jesus tells us plainly that in the end times, how we treat others will be a HUGE deciding factor in where we spend Eternity.
"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” Matthew 25:31-46
There is so much more to life than going out and working 8 to 10 hours a day for someone else, and coming home to paid bills. There is so much more. If this is all your life consists of, can I recommend that you pray about it and see God and His plan for you and your life? He will show you.

Seriously think about this. As a child of God, as a "Christian" for the lack of a better term, how can you say you are, and NOT do anything to help others? To serve others. James put it this way.
"If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead." James 2:15-16
Religion for religion sake is pointless. Saying that you love God and are a child of God, without loving others is pointless and may even prove what you think and say as false. You are the Rich. Lazarus is the Poor. Who you know. Who you see. What are you doing for him? How are you serving Jesus?

We get so tied up thinking about and worrying about ourselves and paying bills. We work and wonder "What's for dinner." Others worry where and when our next meal is coming from. We are Rich. They are poor. Our Daddy is the Alfa and the Omega. The great "I Am." He is the God of gods and the LORD of lords. The Creator of all that is, was and will be. Who is their daddy? What do they truly have? What are you doing to serve them? Jesus may be one of those you see, in person, waiting to see how you respond. Be careful, Child of God. Think about how you are treating the poor.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will heal you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a Sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus and His Sacrifice for me. I believe that He raised from the Dead. I repent my Sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is just that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all. Amen.{2 Corinthians 13}


Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...