Sunday, June 16, 2019

Jesus in the Old Testament, Psalms

Jesus in Psalms 



We are currently examining this Statement from Jesus.
You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,” {John 5:39}
We have arrived to Psalms. Now the Book of Psalms is a collection of Songs and Prayers. Mostly written by David, before and after he was King. However, we can CLEARLY see Jesus all through the Psalms. Let's start in Psalm 2:7
“I will proclaim the Lord’s decree: He said to me, “You are my son; today I have become your father.”
This clearly indicates that Christ would be the Son of God. This was fulfilled in Matthew 17:5
“He was still speaking when, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.”:”
We are just going to hit a few of these in the interest of time. I encourage you to read all of the Psalms and you will see some on your own as well. Let’s look at Psalm 16
“I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay.” {8-10}
The Christ, or The Messiah, would be Resurrected Let’s look at these Passages, Acts 13:30-37
"But God raised him from the dead, and for many days he appeared to those who had come up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are now his witnesses to the people. And we bring you the good news that what God promised to the fathers,  this he has fulfilled to us their children by raising Jesus, as also it is written in the second Psalm,

“‘You are my Son,  today I have begotten you.’

And as for the fact that he raised him from the dead, no more to return to corruption, he has spoken in this way,

“‘I will give you the holy and sure blessings of David.’

Therefore he says also in another psalm,

“‘You will not let your Holy One see corruption.’

 For David, after he had served the purpose of God in his own generation, fell asleep and was laid with his fathers and saw corruption,  but he whom God raised up did not see corruption.
Then jump a little ahead to Psalm 22. Picture Jesus on the Cross when you read Verse 1
“My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from my cries of anguish?”
Jesus cried out on the Cross,
Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” that is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” {Matthew 27:46}
Then Verses 7-8?
“All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their heads.“He trusts in the Lord,” they say, “let the Lord rescue him. Let him deliver him since he delights in him.”
Matthew 27:39-43
“And those who passed by derided him, wagging their heads and saying, “You who would destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days, save yourself! If you are the Son of God, come down from the cross.” So also the chief priests, with the scribes and elders, mocked him, saying, “He saved others; he cannot save himself. He is the King of Israel; let him come down now from the cross, and we will believe in him. He trusts in God; let God deliver him now, if he desires him. For he said, ‘I am the Son of God.”
Both in this Palm “But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by everyone, despised by the people.” We read this in Psalm 69:4
“More in number than the hairs of my head are those who hate me without cause; mighty are those who would destroy me, those who attack me with lies. What I did not steal must I now restore?”
Let’s read of Jesus before Pilate in Luke 23:13-22
“Pilate then called together the chief priests and the rulers and the people, and said to them, “You brought me this man as one who was misleading the people. And after examining him before you, behold, I did not find this man guilty of any of your charges against him. Neither did Herod, for he sent him back to us. Look, nothing deserving death has been done by him. I will therefore punish and release him.”

But they all cried out together, “Away with this man, and release to us Barabbas” a man who had been thrown into prison for an insurrection started in the city and for murder. Pilate addressed them once more, desiring to release Jesus, but they kept shouting, “Crucify, crucify him!” A third time he said to them, “Why? What evil has he done? I have found in him no guilt deserving death. I will therefore punish and release him.”
Jesus warned us also, that the World would HATE us also without cause simply for following Him. Matthew 10:22, Luke 21:17 and Mark 13:13. In all three of these Scriptures, Jesus says "All men will hate you because of me..." "And ye shall be hated of all men,...."
and you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.”
You will be hated by all for my name's sake.“

And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.”
Jesus told us this is because the World hated Him first, and we are not greater than He, so the World will hate us as much.
Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.” {John 13:16}
It will happen. So be ready for it. Do not be caught off guard. Do not be surprised. Jesus told us these things before they happen.

Jump ahead to Psalm 110:1
“The Lord says to my lord:“Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.””
Then verse 5 says
“The Lord is at your right hand; he will crush kings on the day of his wrath. He will judge the nations, heaping up the dead and crushing the rulers of the whole earth.”
Christ the Messiah would be Lord, seated at the right hand of God. In 1 Peter 3:21-22
“Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers having been subjected to him.”
The Christ, The Messiah, would be in the line of Melchizedek. In Psalm 110:4
“The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind: You are a priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.””
We read this in Hebrews 6:17-20
“So when God desired to show more convincingly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of his purpose, he guaranteed it with an oath, so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us. We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.”
I love this one. Psalm 118:22?
“The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone”
Flip over to Matthew 21:42-43
“Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:

The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone
this was the Lord's doingand it is marvelous in our eyes’?
Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people producing its fruits.”
It was not us that Jesus came for. I know this is a hard Teaching and hard to Hear, but it IS the Truth. Remember the “Canaanite Woman?” The Non-Jewish Woman that was following after Jesus and Crying out because her Daughter was Demon Possessed. He ignored her. He insulted her. He was downright rude to her. Well, here, Matthew 15
“He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” But she came and knelt before him, saying, “Lord, help me.” And he answered, “It is not right to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs.””
He does go on to heal the Girl because of the Mother’s Faith, but he was not here for her. He was not here for you. Unless you are Jewish. It was because His own people, the Jewish people, rejected Him, that He was able to open up Salvation to all.
“What then? Israel failed to obtain what it was seeking. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened, as it is written,

“God gave them a spirit of stupor,eyes that would not seeand ears that would not hear,down to this very day.”

And David says,

“Let their table become a snare and a trap,a stumbling block and a retribution for them;let their eyes be darkened so that they cannot see,and bend their backs forever.”

So I ask, did they stumble in order that they might fall? By no means! Rather, through their trespass salvation has come to the Gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous. Now if their trespass means riches for the world, and if their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their full inclusion mean!”
Jews first but also the Non-Jews, whatever name you wish to call us, are all able to obtain Salvation through Jesus the Christ and His Sacrifice for us all.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a Sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus and His Sacrifice for me. I believe that He raised from the Dead. I repent my Sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.{2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...