Sunday, August 17, 2014

Would You Pray This Prayer?

This Prayer takes courage to Pray.


Last time we talked about The Book of You. We talked about the fact that you write a new page everyday. The fact that others will read it. Then, you will stand before God, and He will read it Cover to Cover. We talked about it being too late to edit, omit, or redo, any of it at that time. It simply is, what it is.

We read the Books all the time. We read that Peter was Fishing, Matthew was working, on the day they met Jesus. We read what they did with Jesus. How they reacted after Jesus. But what did Matthew eat for breakfast that fateful morning? Who was the Love of Peter's Life? What did they do when no one was watching? We do not know. You know who does? God. We get the cliff notes. The important parts. God reads the whole book. Cover to Cover.

However, the Good News is, you are still, at this time, writing it. Now is the time to add things to The Book of You, that you WANT God and others to read. Now is the time to make changes and edit. Now is the time for a new Chapter.

So I issued you a challenge. Take a Piece of paper and a pen, and write down the Chapters of your life. Birth. Graduation. Marriage. Divorce. Death of loved one. Birth of Child. So on. Be honest with yourself. Are you sure?

David Prayed a Prayer to God. You can Pray this same Prayer. Just know that when you do, God will hear it. God already knows all. If you ask Him to do this, He will. So? Would you Pray this Prayer?

Psalm 26
1 Judge me, O Lord; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the Lord; therefore I shall not slide.

2 Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

3 For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.

4 I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers.

5 I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.

6 I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O Lord:

7 That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.

8 Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.

9 Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men:

10 In whose hands is mischief, and their right hand is full of bribes.

11 But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me.

12 My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the Lord.
Would you Pray this Prayer? Think about it. "Judge me, O Lord; for I have walked in mine integrity" Have you? "I have trusted also in the Lord; therefore I shall not slide." Do you? "Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my reins and my heart." Are you sure?

You read the Truth. It's right here. {Holding up the Bible} You read God's Will. His Ways. You read what is Sin and what is Good. Now I'm not talking about what THEY say is Sin and Good. No, no, no. I do not CARE what THEY say. I care about what GOD says. I do not care if they say it's 2014, get with the times. No one cares anymore about this or that. It is "Normal." It is "Acceptable." It is just the way things are. Truth is, what was Sin then, IS Sin now, and in a lot of cases, will kill you quicker at that.

"I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers." Do you? A "Dissembler?" Religious Folks. Huh? Yup. That is someone who gives a false or misleading appearance to conceal the Truth or real Nature of. Someone who puts on the appearance of something they are not. Phonies. People that will smile in your face, and stab you in the back. These are those Jesus was talking about when He said...
"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me."{Matthew 15:8 }
" I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked." Is this true? Or are you Partying with them on Saturday, before coming to Church on Sunday? Do you go have a BBQ with them AFTER Church on Sunday afternoon? Who are Evil Doers and the Wicked?
"These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."{Proverbs 6:16-19}
Notice the importance, the special attention given to the last.

A Proud Look.

God hates Pride and Arrogance. He hates those whose lifestyles can be Characterized by Haughtiness. Those who think too highly of themselves and who despise others. They are Conceited and boast in their accomplishments, knowledge, or status. They trust in their own understanding. They disregard any attempts of reproof or correction. Most of the time, they ignore God's word. They do not have time for that. They see themselves as gods. Some outright. Others, that they are the most important people in the World.

A Lying Tongue

Pretty self explanatory here. God hates deceit.

Hands that Shed Innocent Blood

Murderers

A Heart That Devises Wicked Imaginations

The Human Heart is more deceitful than anything else in the world, and is continuously Wicked. It is out of this Wicked Heart that all types of Evil comes into fruition.

Feet that Run Swiftly to Evil

God hates evil as well as those who delight in it and pursue it. God commands us all to hate and abhor evil. He commands us not to have anything to do with those who do. We are to fear of God, in this fear, leads Sinners to hate evil and turn away from it. Those who love and actively follow after evil demonstrate just how wicked, perverse, and depraved they really are. Those who delight in committing all manner of sin, ungodliness, and malice, whether in thought, word, or deed, are not those we should consider friends.

A False Witness

Remember, God hates deceit and those who speak lies. Though this may seem like a repeat of the second thing God Hates, this one is dealing rather with the deliberate altering of Truth with emphasis on hurting the reputation or person of an individual, or distorting the truth of God. It is a violation of the Ninth Commandment. Anyone who lies, slanders, gossips, or swears falsely to the hurt of another person falls into this category.

One Who Spreads Strife

Remember God puts a special importance on this one. God hates those who are contentious and who delight in stirring up trouble and discord. They try to manipulate people to side with them in order to gain an advantage over others whom they hate, regardless if the people they're intent on dividing are the closest of friends. They destroy the peace and unity of Family, Friends, and any Relationship. They, if allowed in, can wreak havoc in a Church. God makes it very clear that those who engage in spreading strife are worthy of death, and that those who participate in such behavior will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Have you removed yourself from, and keep yourself from, people such as these? Are you sure? God doesn't care who they are to you. If they fit in these categories, He wants you to have nothing to do with them. They will corrupt you. They will bring you into Sin. They are Toxic to you. Stay away from them. "I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O Lord: That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works." Have you?

Until you do these things, I would be extremely cautious, of saying this sort of Prayer. Until you do these things, you cannot claim that "I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me. My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the Lord."

Again, NOW is the time. Today is the day. Time to write a new Chapter in the Book of You. Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 50

 Chapter 50 1 Then Joseph fell on his father's face and wept over him and kissed him. 2 And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians...