Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Book Of You

People will read it. God will be your number one Critic.


One day, many years ago now, my Niece and I went into this little Nic-Nac Store. There was an Indian Gentleman behind the counter. We looked around and I believe we were buying something. I do not remember what. But we go to the Counter, and the Man said to me. "Your Page is Blank."

Wait. What? "Your Page is Blank. You have a great opportunity to put something on it. One that is positive." Needless to say, he got my attention. We ended up staying there for like an hour, just talking with the Gentleman. We talked about Hinduism, Buddhism, the different gods and what it all means. Much to my Niece's chagrin, he went on and on.

I haven't thought about this encounter for years. He I am, sitting on my back Porch, just finishing a message, when this encounter popped into my head. I prayed why now? God put this message in my Spirit. "It is not about the one Blank Page. It is about the total Book of You."

You see, every day is a new blank page. Every day is a change to write something new. People will read it in the end. At your Passing, they will talk about it. "Do you remember when Peter did this??" "Oh yeah, but my favorite was when Peter did this." "Remember, Peter always use to say this?" "Peter did this, every day." They will determine in their minds, if it was a good book, or a bad one. "Peter was not a nice guy. Glad he is dead. Couldn't have happened to a better person."

When we look into History, we read many Books. Books of Presidents, Saints, Sinners. Those that became Famous, for what they did while they were alive. But you have a Book as well, and yes, they will read it. However, they are not, your number one Critic. There is another. His name is God.

On that Fateful day, God will open my book. He will read it from Cover to Cover. "On this day, August 17, 1969, Peter was Born. On this day, he met his best friend. On this day, his Grandmother Passed on. On this day, Peter and his Mother was left on their own. He, God, will read every page, and every Chapter. Birth, Passing of Grandma. Marriage. Salvation, Divorce, Peter becomes a Wayward Son. Peter returns, Marriage, Children. Works, Passing. God will close The Book of Peter, {Not the Biblical one} and open another. This one is the Lambs Book of Life. This one is like the NYT Best Sellers List. This one is the one that determines what God says to me. Is my name written in THAT Book?

The Word declares..
"For the work of a man shall he render unto him, and cause every man to find according to his ways."{ Job 34:11}
And also..
"For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works."{Matthew 16:27}
Paul issued a Warning to all of us..
"You who are young, be happy while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things God will bring you into judgment."{Ecclesiastes 11:9}
God will read everything. Everything is written in the Book of You. EVERYTHING.
"For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil."{Ecclesiastes 12:14}
Then, when God is finished reading the Book of Peter, {Not the Biblical one}, He will set it aside. Then He will open another book. The LBOL. He will look for my name..
"And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
{Revelation 20:11-15}
After He reads the Book of Peter, {Not the Biblical one}, after He checks to see if my name is in the Lamb's Book of Life, He will say one of two things to me.
"Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."{Matthew 25:23}
Or? If my name is not written in the LBOL?
"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."{Matthew 7:23}
He will then take my Book, and toss it in the Trash, and I will be forced to depart from Him forevermore. That is it. There is no going back. There is no editing. Once that Cover is closed, once that book is Bound, once it is finished, it is what it is. There are no take backs, or redos. It is over.

But I have good news. You are still writing it. You can add a whole new Chapter. Try this. Seriously, it could be fun, and perhaps a little scary, but try this. Be honest. Take a piece of paper, a pen, and seriously think about it. Write down the Chapters of your Life until today. Birth, Graduation, Drop out? Drugs, no Drugs? Best Friend? Marriage, Birth of Children. Death of Loved ones, Salvation?? Be honest with yourself. There are a few Chapters in my book I really do not like. But I cannot go back and edit them out. They are there. But I can start a NEW Chapter. I can write a new Page while it is still today. So can you.

God will read everything. The good, bad, and yes, even the ugly. What are you writing on your blank page today? The best writers love to evoke emotions in their Readers. When God reads your Book, will He laugh? Will He cry? Will He be shocked? Will He love it? Will He hate it? What are you writing on your blank page today? Are you sure you want to?

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 50

 Chapter 50 1 Then Joseph fell on his father's face and wept over him and kissed him. 2 And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians...