Sunday, August 10, 2014

What Can The Church, God, Do For Me? Church Folks

Church Folks.


Then sometimes that question comes from someone in the Church itself. Someone that feels entitled. "I am a Child of God. I need not go through Trials and Tribulations. I am far better than those Sinners over there. Why is God not Blessing me? Is this all just a waste of time?"

"What can the Church, God, do for the Saved? Do for the Child of God? Why is it that they are being good little Christians, and yet, it seems that God is not Blessing them. They feel little different. However, they expect to be Blessed. They expect to be taken care of in the Church. The question is,or should be "What have you done for God lately?"

You see, He already did it. He came and died for you. He never said, "As long as you do this, or that, or don't do this or that. He came and died for you, WHILE, you were in the middle of your Sin.
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."{Romans 5:8}
It was not then, nor is it now, exclusive. The Family of God is NOT a Club. It is not a set of rules and regulations. It is not a Religion over any other Religion. It IS a one on one relationship with God Himself. It is an Adoption, where by you may cry Abba Father. God doesn't care if you are a Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Black, White, Rich, Poor, Male, Female, or anything else. All you have to do, is accept The Gift. Jesus IS the only way. Besides Jesus, nothing else matters.

Now having said that, we have to look to the Word to find out why, if you have done that, then why is it that it may seem God is not Blessing you? You already know that....
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."{Ephesians 2:8-9}
"So see? I do not have to do anything right? I accepted Jesus, now I get Blessed right?" Well, you were Blessed. You now have everlasting Life with God. "No, no, no. I mean, I should be Blessed Financially. I should be Blessed with Peace. I should be Blessed with Healing. I should be Blessed every day."

Well???
"What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?"{James 2:14-20}
"See. There you go again. There is another one of those Contradictions that fill the Bible. Saved by Faith alone, and Faith without Works is dead. You can't have it both ways." First, there is not one Contradiction in the Bible. No. Not one. There are misinterpretations. There are differences in focus on the same subject by different Witnesses. There are intentional twisting to fit agendas or ideas. There are simple misunderstands. But not one Contradiction.

There is nothing you can do, to Work your way to Heaven. Not even in the Name of Jesus. Remember the Scariest Words in the entire Bible? At least to me. When Jesus said this?
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."{Matthew 7:21-23}
These are those that are fulfilling their "Religious Obligations." Those that Jesus was talking about when He said this...
"He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me."{Mark 7:6}
You have to first know Jesus. Accept Jesus. Be Adopted into the Family. Without that.. "your religion is worthless" {James 1:26} You must be Saved by Faith that Jesus came and died for you. After that however?
"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."{1 John 2:4}
Remember Jesus's Command to His Disciples after His Resurrection?
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen."{Matthew 28:19-20}
I have three Children. As long as they are under my Roof, I am there. I am there to Love them. Protect them. Bless them. I am always with them. As long as I tell my Children to do this or that, I will be there to assist them. If however, they decide to leave. If they decide to go their own way, and do their own thing, I can no longer help them. They are on their own.

When you are a Child of God, and you are doing your Father's Will, He will be there always. He will Love you, Protect you. He will Bless you. He will Pave the Way for you. However, if you decide to go your own way, and do your own thing, then He can no longer help you. You are on your own.

Does this mean that God no longer Loves you. No. Of course not. He loves you. He is waiting for you to come home. He is waiting for you to be obedient. If I tell my Boy Joshua, "Go here and do this, and I will reward you in this manor." And my Boy Joshua says, "You know what Daddy, I really don't want to go there and do that. But give be my reward anyway." The answer will be "No."

God is the same way. Remember Jesus told us this...
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."{Matthew 6:33 }
When you are under God's Roof, so to speak, He is there for you, always. Then you should say things like this..

James 4:
13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:

14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
Want Financial Blessings? Are you Tithing? Want Emotional Blessings? Are you being a Comfort to someone else? Want Healing? Are you Praying for Healing for someone else? Want Blessings in your Life? Are you being a Blessing to others? Or is it as simple as you being a Wayward Child. A Child saying to their Father, "You know what Daddy, I really don't want to go there and do that. But give be my reward anyway." The answer will be "No."

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Right Up, Book of Mark

 Let's chat Hey folks, if you have been with us here at TAG, {The Truth According to God} for the past 50 weeks, congratulations, you j...