Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Seven Truths Every Child of God Must Know. 6

If you insist on taking what God did not give, God will take back what he did.

Let me tell you a true story, in the hopes, that you are never foolish enough to do the same. I was just Saved. I was a big fan of the TV Show "Kung Foo" I really enjoyed watching David Carradine wondering the Earth, getting into adventures, and helping people. I thought to myself, well, why not. I know, I was young and stupid. So I took the Bible, put it on my passenger seat, and said something to the following.

"God, I give you all the praise and glory. I give this day to you. I pray that you guide me wherever you chose and lead me to someone you want me to help. This is your day." So I pull out of my driveway, and find myself in the next town. I decided it was a good time to stop and get coffee. So I did. Then I decided it was a good time to do this. I did. Then that. I did. Before I knew it, it was 12 pm.

I will never forget, I pulled into a parking lot and the car just died. Completely dead. I ended up having to walk nearly four miles home. Needless to say, the day I promised God, I took back. So? In turn, God took from me, three days. It was that long before a friend of mind could go look at the car. Simple fix, but I was without a car, for three days. Do not EVER promise God something you cannot deliver on. The one day I "gave" God already belongs to Him. He gave it to me first. But since I took it for myself, God took Tree more away from me.

You see, EVERYTHING belongs to God. He gives you EVERYTHING. He asks so little in return. Ten Percent of your finances. Ten percent of your time. Follow His Commandments. Have a Relationship with Him. That's it. It is up to Him to decide what He gives you. Let Him, and be obedient to His Will and His Plan for you and your life. Or He will take back what He did give you.

In

Deuteronomy 32:
39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
God is in charge. God told us this in....

1 Samuel 2:
6 The Lord killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.

7 The Lord maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up.

8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and he hath set the world upon them.

9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.
Of course, one of the most quoted verses of all time is found in Job...

Job 1:
21 And he said, “Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.”
Sometimes we forgive that it is not us in charge, but God alone. We feel "holy" if we Tithe and give offering. Yet rather, we should feel obedient. God gave us the whole 100 percent, He only asked 10 in return. He gave us life. He only asks us that we have a relationship with Him and follow His Commandment which Jesus summed us in two. "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these." {Mark 12: 30-31}

We see things happen and the World and we ask, why would God allow that? How did this person come to power? Why are we suffering under this man's hand. God did not allow it. God ARRANGED it.


Romans 9:
17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
We may not always understand why God does the things He does, but make no mistake about it, God IS very much in charge. It is this lack of understanding that so often leads us astray. The enemy even whispers in your ear, "God doesn't care." "God allowed this, it must be right." "There is no God."

So once we understand that God IS God and IS in charge of all things, we should start to obey Him. You see, God gave Adam and Eve the Garden, they took the Tree. God took back the Garden. God gave Israel Freedom, and chose to be their Only King, They took upon themselves a Man as King, God took back the Freedom He gave them. God gave Favor of Israel to Saul. Made him King. Saul took spoils from the Amalekites, so God took back the Favor of Israel. God repented that He made Saul King. If we insist in taking what God did not give, He will take that of which He did.

Look at what Jesus told us.

Matthew 25:
14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.

17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.

18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
Trust me when I tell you, that ninety percent will go a lot farther than that one hundred percent ever will. God cannot be fooled. He cannot be trick. Nothing is hidden from Him. If you forget He is the one in charge, and you try to go it on your own, He will let you. But He will take back that of which He gave you to begin with.

There is much favor in Obedience. There is a cost in disobedience. There are consequences for all actions. Who are you relying on in your own life. Man? Society? Government? Yourself? Or are you relying on God? Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com


The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 50

 Chapter 50 1 Then Joseph fell on his father's face and wept over him and kissed him. 2 And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians...