Sunday, December 9, 2012

My Daddy Is Bigger Than Your Daddy

Kids say this all the time.



My Daddy is bigger than your Daddy. My Daddy is richer than your Daddy. My Daddy is more important than your Daddy. My Daddy can beat up your Daddy. Kids brag about their Daddy all the time. If they are fortune enough to have a Daddy.

Little Johnny's Daddy may be rich. He may be able to buy whatever he wants. He may have power and influence. He may be six foot five and full of muscles. He may be able to do things that seem to be great. However?

Romans 8:
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
When Jesus was about to be taken, abused and Crucified, He prayed this Prayer as an example to those present.

Mark 14:
36 And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.
In a letter to the Galatians, Paul said this...

Galatians 4:
1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;

2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.

3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
What does the word “Abba” mean? It is an Aramaic word that would most closely be translated as “Daddy.” Not just in the Word, but in the land. It was a common term that young children would use to address their Fathers. It is meant to show the close, intimate, relationship of the Father and his child.

We have talked about this in the past. The difference between man-made Traditions called Religion, and true Faith. God doesn't care what the "Church" says. He cares about you. He wants a close, intimate, relationship with you.

That is the whole reason Jesus came.

John 1:
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
In.....

1 John 3:
3 See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
Then the Word tells us that we have been chosen by God, to be His Children.

Ephesians 1:
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
Think about that. It does not say we chose God. It says, God chose us. You can chose any Religion you want. But if God does not chose you, you cannot be His Child. It doesn't matter what man says. It doesn't matter how good a "insert Religion here" you are or want to be. You can receive praise and glory from the "Church" and may even be deemed a Saint. Doesn't mean you are also a Child of God.

If you are a True Child of God, you are already a Saint. You do not need the Church to recognize, or canonize. A Saint is one that has accepted Christ. Christ is in them, They in Jesus. Jesus in God. You are a Saint. A "Christian." An anointed one, through The Anointed One, Jesus. You can be declared a Saint, and not be, or you can be a Saint, which you are, and not be seen as such by man. None of this changes who you really are.

As a Saint, Christian, Child of God, you need no middle man. Some Religions say that you have to go to a man-made building, follow man-made rules, and allow the man, in charge of that building, to be your mediator between you a God. You cannot get to God, because you are not worthy. That you must allow the only one that is, the leader of that Church, to go for you. This is simply false.

Look, I have two Sons. Joshua and Elijah. They are my children. I am their Father. If they need something, they boldly, without thought, walk into whatever room I may be in, then they ask me what they want. I give them an answer. They do not go to someone else and say, "I want to ask this of my Father." Then the one they go to says, "Well, have you done this or that?" They do not say, "I have done that, but my this has been slipping." The mediator does not tell them to go do this, and then do that, then say this, then they will talk to me on their behalf.

No. They come to me, directly. I speak to them directly. There is no middle man. Nor is there for us, save Jesus Himself. The Holy Spirit.

1 Timothy 2:
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
That is that. It is that simple. We need no permission to go speak with our Daddy. He is our Daddy. We are His Children. But He also does not want you to come to Him only in the times of need. Like I know what my Sons need of before they do, God knows what you have need of before you do. He also wants you to come to Him in the good times. Than just because.

He wants to know, how was your day? He wants to know if you saw that beautiful Rain Bow. How was the weather? I'm being serious. Talk to your Daddy. Just like you do with your Earthly Daddy. That is the type of relationship He wants to have with you. He wants you to get so close, that you know Him. You know His Word. You know His ways.

My Sons know me. They know, in some cases, what I will say about this or that. They do not even have to ask me. They know if I say something, it is absolute fact. No questions needed. No swearing by, needed. They know my Yes is Yes, and my No is No.

They also have no doubt. They have total trust in me. If I took them up to the roof of our house, and told them, "Take this little box from my hand, and step off the edge. You will not fall. You will fly like the birds in the sky." They would take that little box from my hand and step off. Why? Daddy said so. This is why Jesus told us this..

Matthew 18:
1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Total, unconditional love. Total innocence. Total trust in Him. A Child seeing God as Daddy. After the Resurrection, Jesus called God our Father. Not just "my" Father. But OUR Father. He said our relationship with God is the same as His.

John 20:
17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
Is it OK to brag about our Daddy?

Matthew 5:
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Why are you so peaceful? Why do you seemingly have no fear. Even though this or that is happening, you are always smiling and seem happy. What's your secret? "My Daddy's got this." That could and should be, not only your answer, but also your total belief.

How do you get that personal relationship with God? First, of course, receive the Spirit of Adoption, accept Jesus as your Savior. Allow Him to be the price paid for all your Sins. His blood for your blood, His death, so that you may live. Have you done that yet? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

Then Pray. Pray often. Spend time talking to Him. Tell Him how your day was. Thank Him for being with you. Tell Him your concerns. Let Him know you love Him. Think of it this way. Treat God as you do, or would, your Earthly Father. Walk with Him. Talk with Him. Allow Him to do the same in your life. Allow God to be your Daddy. Be His Child. That is what He truly wants.

If you want to tell me you have just accepted Christ's sacrifice,  or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

Until next time, be blessed, and Jesus IS Lord of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Right Up, Book of Mark

 Let's chat Hey folks, if you have been with us here at TAG, {The Truth According to God} for the past 50 weeks, congratulations, you j...