Sunday, March 5, 2023

You are Wretched, Pitiable, Poor, Blind, and Naked, Part 4

The blind



We are currently going through this passage.
“For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.” Revelation 3:17
We have already discussed how you, and I, are wretched, and pitiable, and even so poor we do not even know how poor we are. Yeah I know, hello, welcome to the new year you poor pitiful wretch. This may seem to be offensive. However, this is God talking to us. It is God telling us this. Did you know that He even tells us that we are blind? As a matter of fact, God, His Word, and Jesus Himself, all tell us numerous times, we are blind.

Why is this? Look around. Look at the sin that is all over the place and not only accepted, even by some of our own churches, but is celebrated. Why? How can good people do things against God and His Word?
“In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.” 2 Corinthians 4:4
Wait? Did you say even some churches? How is that possible? Look what Jesus said about the religious leaders of the day. Peter told Jesus that some of the had become offended at some of the things that Jesus said and He said this.
Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.” Matthew 15:14
God told Isaiah this. 
He said, “And he said, “Go and say to this people:
‘Keep on hearing, but do not understand;
keep on seeing, but do not perceive.’
Make the heart of these people dull,
and their ears heavy,
and blind their eyes;
lest they see with their eyes,
and hear with their ears,
and understand with their hearts,
and turn and be healed.” Isaiah 6:9-10
Jesus referred to this passage when He was asked why He spoke in parables. He said this.
This is why I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. Indeed, in their case the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled that says this:
‘“You will indeed hear but never understand,
and you will indeed see but never perceive.”
For this people's heart has grown dull,
and with their ears, they can barely hear,
and their eyes have closed,
lest they should see with their eyes
and hear with their ears
and understand with their heart
and turn, and I would heal them.” Matthew 13:13-15
This is why some very good people, seem to, not even be able to see the truth. Why some people, whom you know are intelligent, they are not stupid, can look directly at sin, and or the state of things, and say, “It’s good, and it’s ok.” Why? Because they cannot see the truth. They are blind.

I have good news for you though. God promised this long ago. Look here.
“And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them.” Isaiah 42:16
Jesus is the answer. He is the one that came and fulfilled that promise, and many others. Jesus did this one day in the Synagogue.
“And the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written,
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor
.
He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives
and recovering of sight to the blind
,
to set at liberty those who are oppressed,
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.”
And he rolled up the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. And he began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.” Luke 4:17-21
Without Jesus, you were born, and you will remain blind. Even if you look, you will not see. You will see, but not perceive, or understand what it is you are seeing. You will see sin as good, and good as sin.

Jesus has to come into your life and give you spiritual eyes. He takes these eyes of flesh, and opens them, so that you may have spiritual eyes, in which you can see the truth and righteousness. Until that, you can in no way see.

But I have more news for you. YOU are commanded to do this same sort of thing. Jesus tells us this.
“And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20
If you have been saved. If you have accepted Jesus. He HAS appeared to you. His Word is in your hand. You have seen things and experienced things that others cannot even see. Look what Paul said about his conversion. Talking about Gentiles or non-Jews, or the lost, call them what you will.
to whom I am sending you to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’” Acts 26:18
Paul was telling us that he was called by Jesus directly, to do all these things. That they may become sanctified in their faith in Jesus. So are we. As my Pastor likes to say, “You may be the only Jesus that this or that person ever sees. What are they seeing?”

Are you healing the brokenhearted? Are you giving hearing to the deaf? A sight to the blind? Setting captives free? God once considered you to be wretched, pitiable, poor, and blind. He even calls you naked. More on that next time.

Remember, this is one of the main reasons Jesus came,
“And Jesus said, “For judgment, I came into this world, so that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may become blind.” John 9:39
Has he set you free from your blindness? Can you say the same as the man born blind?
“One thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see.” John 9:25
Have you accepted Jesus? Say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believed He rose from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, You shall be saved." Romans 10:9. You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."Colossians 3:10

May the comfort of the Holy Ghost, and the peace of our Lord Jesus, be with you all. May God bless and be with you, always.

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...