Sunday, August 14, 2022

Simply True, Jesus

 Jesus IS the Only Way.



Welcome. Today we will be wrapping up our series entitled Simply True. We have already discussed,

1 -The importance of knowing the Truth, and the Truth is absolute.

2- God is real and true if you believe in Him or not.

3- The Bible is absolutely true with no contradictions, or falsehoods. It is the living Word of the only living God.

4 -Heaven and Hell are real places. It does not matter what you choose to believe. One is far better to strive for than the other.

5- Satan is true. He is real.

Today we will simply be talking about God's plan of salvation and the fact it is all-inclusive and the only true way to escape the very true and real place called Hell. I know this message today WILL offend some people. It will hurt feelings. It will cut to the spirit swifter than any two-edged sword.

Jesus said this.
Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person's enemies will be those of his own household." Matthew 10:34-36
I understand. When you hear the name Jesus, most have the manger come to mind. You think of the Christmas story and many think about their childhood hearing Linus tell the Christmas story straight out of Luke ending in,
"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace,

goodwill toward men." Luke 2:14
This is straight out of the King James Bible. Most other translations say this.
"Glory to God in the highest,

and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!”
Most just assume that this means Jesus came to bring peace on earth, and all you have to do is believe and all is good. This, however, is not true. As a child of God, we can without a doubt, have peace in the storms of life, but there will be storms. We can have a Godly and indescribable peace. Especially in times of trouble.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7
This is by accepting Jesus and His sacrifice. This is by being adopted into His family. Look here.
"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
However, here is the problem. Many will NOT accept Him. They will choose to either not believe, or they will choose to outright reject, or they will choose to think they can go it alone. Most of the time, this is because they like their sin. They love their life and all that it consists of. Any thought of having to change? This sets some into a fit of rage and hate. All of a sudden, YOU are the problem because you changed. You are the hateful one. You are the one who needs help because of this Jesus and stuff.

It is because of Jesus that all of a sudden,
"For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person's enemies will be those of his own household."
Jesus is not saying that He came for this purpose. That He came for the sole purpose of dividing families and loved ones. He is saying that because of Him, this will happen. Just say His name, and people lose their minds.

I remember not too long ago I shared a meme on Social Media. I did not comment. I did not elaborate in any way. It was a picture of a rainbow. It said "But the rainbow is a symbol of God's promise to never flood the whole earth again. It is not a symbol of some of the sins that provoked the flood." People lost their minds. I was attacked. I was called Hateful and a bigot. I was unfriended by some. Even had some family attack me. Why? People love their sins. They see nothing wrong with them. They do not want to hear otherwise.

As a matter of fact, it was during this debate that someone said to me. "What difference does it make if a God I do not believe in wants to condemn me?" Also during this debate people said things like living and letting live. All can worship whatever gods they want and Jesus has nothing to do with some of them. Some mistakingly argued that Jesus would love gay people and He would condemn me for hating on them.

Jesus warned us of this sort of thing. He said this.
Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man!" Luke 6:22
Why? Because He is Truth. He is the Way. He is Life. He is GOD! Sorry not sorry, there is NO OTHER WAY! Look here at a few quick passages.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1
A little later
"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14
One of the clearest examples of Jesus telling us He is God is here.
"Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” John 8:58
The Bible and Jesus by the way, make it clear HE is God. How then can you get to God, if you leave out God? That would be like saying something to this effect. "I want to go see Peter Carlock." Someone says, "ok, here is his address. Just go see Pete." "Pete? No-no-no. I want to see Peter Carlock. I'm not going to this address. I'm not going to see Pete. I will get there another way."

Do you see how silly that sounds? Pete is, of course, Peter Carlock. I am who I am and am where I am and if you want to see me, you need to do what you were told to do. Did you choose not to? Well, then I'm sorry, but whomever you think you may be going to see is NOT me.

Jesus IS God. If you leave Him out of the equation, then I'm sorry, but whomever you think you may be going to see is NOT God. Does this mean that every religion that does not have Jesus at the center of it is a lie? YES! Any man-made tradition, that excludes God, is a lie sent from hell. Without God, you will never find God. Without Jesus, you will never find God. Because simply, Jesus IS God.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believed He rose from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, You shall be saved." Romans 10:9. You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."Colossians 3:10

If you want to tell me, comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. 2 Corinthians 13

Until next time, be well, be blessed, and Jesus IS Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...