Sunday, August 21, 2022

Live is Christ, Introduction.

 What else can we compare? 



I want you to imagine this. Here you are, simply living your life. You are going to work every day just to come home, pay bills, and do it again the next day. When all of a sudden, out of nowhere, comes this raggedy man. He calls you by name. He says "Follow me."

Now think about this. You see this raggedy man heal the sick, give sight to the blind. You see Him walk on water and calm storms. You hear Him tell you about the love God has for you. He tells you things like this.
"In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.” Thomas said, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:2-6
You hear Him say things like this.
"Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”"
You come to understand that this is not a raggedy man at all, but this is the living Word of God. This is indeed God Himself. Then you see them come and arrest Him. You witness them strip Him and beat Him. You witness them nearly beat Him to death. Then you do witness them put Him to death on the cross. You hear Him cry out for forgiveness for the very people that put Him on the cross.

Three days later, you witness something that simply cannot be. You witness Him walking and talking. You see Him eating and you even see His scars. You witness Him literally rise from the dead, as He told you He would do.

Then He tells you this.
"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20
I know I know. I can hear some of you saying things like, "Well, I did not witness this." Yes, you did. {Holding up the Bible} It is all right here. The entire Old Testament tells you that this day is coming. The entire Bible screams out Jesus is coming and that He was here. When you read this, the living Word of God, you ARE witnessing all these things in it. It was written for this very reason.

One man that, like you, did not witness these things first hand, as a matter of fact, he did not even believe the things that are here were true, found them to be. He said this.
"For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." Philippians 1:21
Now, this was a man that was well-liked. A man that received a great salary for doing a great job in his religion. He was hunting down and arresting those that believed in this Jesus. Then He met Him. Then he learned that nothing else mattered. He said this.
"But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith, that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead." Philippians 3:7-11
What does it mean? To live is Christ? To die is gain? This is what we will be talking about for the next few weeks. Think about all that the Bible tells us that Jesus did. How He lived. What He tells us we should do. How we should live. Like this.
"But Jesus called them to him and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. It shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be your slave, even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”" Matthew 20:25-28
What else can we compare? What else on this earth, can we compare to what we will receive from God? Remember this parable that Jesus taught us?
"Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.” But he said to him, “Man, who made me a judge or arbitrator over you?” And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.” And he told them a parable, saying, “The land of a rich man produced plentifully, and he thought to himself, ‘What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?’ And he said, ‘I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.” But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’ So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God."
Jesus asked us this question. What profit would it be to a man to gain the whole world? Well here.
"For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul? For what can a man give in return for his soul? For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.” Luke 12:13-21
Over and over again, Jesus tells us we should not worry about this life. That we should not worry about what to eat or drink, or our clothes but we should rely on God for our daily needs. Rather we should be working to build up our 401 E or our Eternal Retirement Plan.

To Live is Christ? Because He lives and does not die, I shall live and not die. As long as I accept His way, Truth, and Life, which IS Christ Jesus. As long as I allow His sacrifice to be mine. This is what we will talk about next time. Here is the plan, unless God changes it, coming up here at TAG.

1- To live is Christ

2- All things are temporal. Therefore, rubbish.

3- Standing firm, to the point of death.

4- Nothing else matters.

When you become a child of God, the Creator of all things, The Lord of lords, and the God of gods, THE Alpha, and Omega, The Great I AM, GOD, becomes your Daddy. If God is your Daddy?
"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written,
“For your sake, we are being killed all day long;

we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:31-39
That right there should show you that there is nothing else that can compare. That there is nothing else that is even worthy to compare to being a child of God. That alone. Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believed He rose from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"


That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shall be saved." Romans 10:9. You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."Colossians 3:10

If you want to tell me, comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. 2 Corinthians 13

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus is Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...