Sunday, March 27, 2022

Let's Get Real. Setting the Captives Free

 Setting the captives free. 


Welcome, today. Today we will wrap up our series entitled "Let's Get Real." We are currently going through the list of things Jesus told us plainly, that would be a way of which we can see how God will see our lives at our time before Him. Here is the "list."

"I was hungry and you gave me food,"

"I was thirsty and you gave me drink, "

"I was a stranger and you welcomed me,"

"I was naked and you clothed me,"

"I was sick and you visited me,"

"I was in prison and you came to me.’

To those who do not gain entry to heaven, He said that they did not do any of these. See the whole conversation in Matthew 25:31-46. Today we will be wrapping things up by discussing this one.

"I was in prison and you came to me."

Am I telling you that you need to figure out how to enter into maximum-security prisons and figure out how to break them out? Am I telling you that you need to start a prison ministry and start going into jails to preach the gospel? Well? If God tells you to then yes. But am I, Peter Carlock telling you to do this? Well? Actually? Yes. Yes, I am telling you that you need to enter into the most maximum-security prison that exists that very few have ever escaped from, and break them out.

What is the prison I am talking about? It is the maximum-security prison S&D. It is located everywhere and most who are in it, do not even know they are. Most will die in it never knowing true freedom. It is the bondage of Sin and Death.

We are all born into sin. We all will die, and leave this earth. Death is as normal and natural as birth. Look at this.
"For everything, there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;" Ecclesiastes 3:1-2
Did you know that where there is no law, sin is not counted as sin? I know some disagree, and in a sense they are right, sin is sin. But the Bible tells us that if there is no knowledge of sin, even those that sin, they are not as accountable as those who know sin.

Jesus Himself made this statement.
"If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin." John 15:22
Then we read this in 1 John
"If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask, and God will give him life, to those who commit sins that do not lead to death. There is sin that leads to death; I do not say that one should pray for that. All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that does not lead to death." 1 John 5:16-17
But we are all born into sin.
"Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come." Romans 5:12-14
Sin is difficult to manage. Even for those of us, that know the truth. Look at what Paul tells us here.
"For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin. For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.

So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh, I serve the law of sin." Romans 7:14-25
So if Paul himself, who wrote most of the new testament, struggles daily with sin, what hope do they, people who have no knowledge whatsoever of sin, even have? No chance. They will remain prisoners.
"Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness?" Romans 6:16
But they do not have a choice. They have no knowledge. They only know the flesh and their carnal mind.
"For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God." Romans 8:5-8
You! Yes you, ARE the one that needs to show them a better way. YOU! Yes you, are the Jesus they need to see. YOU! Yes you, are the sower of the seed. The teller of truth. The truth is this
"For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”" Romans 10:13
However? Keep reading.
"How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!”" Romans 10:14-15
Wait. I can hear some of you now. "But I have not been sent," Jesus said this. To you!
"And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”" Matthew 28:16-20
This is for you. Me, and everyone that is adopted into the family of God. We were slaves and in bondage. We were in the prison that is S&D. {Sin and Death} God set us free by His Son Jesus.
"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." John 8:36
We are the children of God. We are Sons of God. We are the messengers. WE may actually be the only Jesus that some people may ever see. What are they seeing? What are they hearing? Are we visiting those in prison? Are we setting the captives free through the gospel and the introduction to Jesus Himself? Have you checked the list we have been discussing? Are you a sheep? Or a goat? Are you sure?

If you missed any of this series, as always you can go back in the archives and read them again or get caught up. Now is a good time, today is the day to really start to think about these things. What are you living for? Who are you living for? What are you actually doing for God? It may be a hard question. But it is an honest one.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believed He rose from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, You shall be saved." Romans 10:9. You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."Colossians 3:10

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. 2 Corinthians 13

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus is Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...