Sunday, March 20, 2022

Let's Get Real. Healing the Sick

Healing the sick



Welcome, today. Today we will  continue our series entitled "Let's Get Real." We are currently going through the list of things Jesus told us plainly, that would be a way of which we can see how God will see our lives at our time before Him. Here is the "list."

"I was hungry and you gave me food,"

"I was thirsty and you gave me drink, "

"I was a stranger and you welcomed me,"

"I was naked and you clothed me,"

"I was sick and you visited me,"

"I was in prison and you came to me.’

To those who do not gain entry to heaven, He said that they did not do any of these. See the whole conversation in Matthew 25:31-46. Today we will be discussing this one.

"I was sick and you visited me,"

So what does this mean? Does it mean that you should run around slapping people in the head and saying "Be Healed!" Should we do this? What is sickness all about to begin with? Does God make some people Sick?

First, I want to dispel some common misunderstandings about sickness and disease. God is the same, yesterday, today, and forevermore. He doesn't make anyone sick. He is a loving God. He is our Father. He does not want us to suffer. It was never His intent. He makes us perfect in His eyes. We allowed sickness to come in when we gave our authority away. God made the earth perfect. He made man in His image. Perfect in every way. He gave man dominion over the earth and all that is in it. He made him lord over the earth. Man, in turn, gave that authority over to satan. Satan, from that point on, is lord over the earth. What God made perfect, Satan corrupts. Genesis 3.

We are in the hand of the devil. We are in the flesh. We do not have a choice, but to deal with the things of the flesh. Since that original sin in the garden, we are now subject to the things of the flesh. That is why Jesus came. To set us free from the bondage of the flesh. Jesus said this as recorded in Luke 4:18-21
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor
.
He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives
and recovering of sight to the blind
,
to set at liberty those who are oppressed,
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.”
And he rolled up the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. And he began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”"
Healing is one of those teachings that some do not accept. They do not understand it. They do not believe it. They think, sadly for good reason, that anytime they see a "Man of God" with a microphone in one hand, and a Bible in the other, they are scamming people out of their money. The reason for this is simple. In too many cases, they are right.

Just because not all men can heal you, I do not believe I have that gift. I think I would probably get arrested because I would be running around slapping people in the head, doesn't mean that God is unable.
"But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossiblebut with God all things are possible.”"
Everyone has a purpose and a plan in God's eyes. They are all important. You are the way you are because it fits into that plan. If it IS in God's plan to heal you, not only can He, but He will. If it is in His plan for you to heal people? You will be gifted that gift. However, it is not always, like with many things on this list, the physical God is concerned with.
"And as Jesus reclined at table in the house, behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and were reclining with Jesus and his disciples. And when the Pharisees saw this, they said to his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” But when he heard it, he said, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.’ For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.” Matthew 9:10-13
Look at some of these passages.
"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3
And here
"But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes, we are healed." Isaiah 53:5
Another?
"Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working." James 5:16
Actually, this is right after what I feel is a misunderstood and mistaught passage. Here go back a little bit to James 5:14-15
"Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven."
Now many churches have taken this passage, and there is nothing mischievous or evil in most cases, but they read this and say "bring in your sick and we will anoint them with oil and they will be healed." Well? That is not what it actually says. It says "the prayer of faith will SAVE the one who is sick," In other words, if they are on the point of death. On their death bed, pray for them and they can be saved, and? "and the Lord will raise him up." The sick people will be healed, but not necessarily physically. Continue on "And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven."

Sometimes, it is NOT God's will for you to be physically healed. I know, I know, that doesn't sound like an answer many would want to hear. But it is the truth. Isaac was blind, Jacob limped. Moses studdered,  Here, look at this. Paul, who wrote most of the New Testament, and is one of the most powerful and blessed Saints on earth, was never healed physically by God.
"So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:7-10
God is now, always will be, more concerned with your Spiritual Health than He is your physical. If we are here for a few moments in time. The Word calls our lives vapers, and eternity awaits, then what is the physical suffering we may have here, compared to what we will receive? Look at this from Roaman 8.
"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us." Romans 8:18
Think about this. Death is natural.
"For everything, there is a season and a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;" Ecclesiastes 3:1-2
In other words, Death will come. There is an appointed time. We all must face our immortality in this temporal world. Even if you had a terminal illness? What is the worst that is going to happen to you? You will die on this earth, but you will live on in heaven with God.
"He will swallow up death forever;
and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces,
and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth,
for the Lord has spoken." Isaiah 25:8
But what if you have not accepted the truth? What if the sick person, laying on the point of death has not accepted the only "Way, Truth, and Life" Jesus the Christ? Then for them, death is a very scary time. It is then the opposite of good news. The opposite of nothing compared to our suffering here on earth, for them? Nothing will compare to the suffering they will experience. It does not matter if they have Covid, Cancer, Parkinson's, or anything else. NOTHING will compare to eternal damnation. So what do you think God is more concerned with? You slapping people on the head and yelling "BE HEALED!" at the top of your lungs? Or do you think that God wants you to heal the blind, and the deaf? Teaching them there is a better way. Teaching them that they are strong in their weakness, even if disabled, because of God who is working in them. Heal them from their terminal illness called sin.

Now do not get me wrong. If God did bless you with the gift of healing the physically ill and He calls you to do it, then by all means, please do so. But do not ever neglect the more important Spiritual Healing that we all need to enter into heaven. Let's get real. Let's do the best we can to heal the sick.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believed He rose from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, You shall be saved." Romans 10:9. You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."Colossians 3:10

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. 2 Corinthians 13

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus is Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...