Sunday, July 11, 2021

Unity in the Body of Christ, We are One

 We are one. 


Welcome today, today we will start a new series entitled "Unity in the Body of Christ." We will discuss three points in this concept, that should be a reality. Thankfully, for the most part, it is. However, there are a few times when the church has no other choice than to divide. We will discuss.

We are One.
Differences, not Divisions.
Time to Separate.

First of all, we are one. It does not really matter if you call yourself a Baptist, Pentecostal, Protestant, or "Non-Denominational." If your core belief is that Jesus, being all God, came to earth in the form of all man, and died, rather was risen again, for you and your sins, you ARE a Child of God. Simple. The Word of God, AKA the Bible, IS your handbook for life. We are brothers, and sisters, mothers, and fathers, to each other. We ARE the body of Christ. We ARE the Church.

Paul said this in his letter to the Church at Corinth.
"I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment." 1 Corinthians 1:10
In one of Jesus's own prayers, He prayed this.
"I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world." John 17:23-24
We read this about the Church in Ephesians 2:19-22
"So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. In him, you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit."
Again, If Jesus is your cornerstone, if He is the center of your "religion," then you are a child of God. Plain and simple. If you do not have Jesus, you have nothing. I know you know this, but let's read it again together. John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God."
There is no other way. Jesus tells us plainly, He is it.
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6
There are no exceptions. It would be like me building you a big beautiful house. I design it with only one door. There is no other way in or out. I hand you the key. Then you say. I do not want the key. There must be other ways in. I will do whatever I want. Uh, no. There is only one door. Only one key. There is no other way. If you do not take the key or chose to enter through the only door, you will never get in.

Jesus is God. Sorry, not sorry. Without God, you cannot get to God. When Jesus said, "No one comes to the Father except through me." He is saying it because "I and the Father are one." John 10:30 You cannot possibly get to God in any other way, because there is one God. His name is Jesus. Does this eliminate all other religions? YES! If they do not have Jesus, they are simply a false, man-made belief system. This includes Christianity as well, More on that in the weeks to come.

So what must we believe, as one mind, as one people? Jesus came and died so that we do not have to. All we have to do is believe in that fact.
"For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them. But the righteousness based on faith says, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down) “or ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart, one believes and is justified, and with the mouth, one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”" Romans 10:5-13
This is the message. This is the Truth. The only Truth. This is WHY the church, meaning, you, even exists.
"How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?” So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ."
We must be of one mind. There is only one Truth. There is only one God. There is only one salvation. Everything else? Well, that we will tackle next time. Some of the stuff anyway. Just make sure, that we, as the body of Christ, are doing what He asked us to do.
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20
Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believed He raised from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. You need to find a Church that God leads you to and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."Colossians 3:10

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. 2 Corinthians 13

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...