Sunday, June 21, 2020

Praying, Living Life With God

He IS your Daddy.



Last time we talked about the "Our Father Prayer." This is the formula Jesus gave us to Pray. 

1-  Recognize and acknowledge God's Godhood, and give Him praise and worship. 
2 - Thank Him and recognize it is He who supplies your daily needs. 
3 - Forgive all others before you ask your Father to forgive you. 
4 - Ask that He protects you from yourself and your tendencies to sin. 
5 - To keep us safe from the evil one.

Did you know that Jesus called God His Father over 150 times? He called God our Father over 30 times. Why? I am a father of three kids. I am their daddy. I was there when they were born. I cut the cord. I changed the diapers. I watched their first steps. Heard their first words. I was there to kiss the boo-boos. I laugh with them. I am there to hold them when they cry. I am there when they lay down. I am there when they wake up.

When they are under my roof, I feed them. I cloth them. I guide them in the ways they should go. I love them with all I am and I will do anything for them. They know that Daddy is there. They talk to me all the time. I know their hopes and dreams. I know how their day went. I know if something is wrong, but I also know when all is right.

I shared this story before. It's about one of the many times my little girl broke my heart. Melted it really. I do not remember, honestly, I have no clue what the issue was. I just know I was angry. VERY angry. She kept carrying on and I kept telling her to stop. When I could not stand it any longer I yelled at her, "Get away from me." She said something like, "But Daddy, I'm trying to talk to you. Are you ignoring me?" I said. "Yes. Don't even talk to me." She looked at me with tears in her eyes and said "But I can talk to you. Because you're my daddy."

She was and is right. She can talk to me. Because I am her daddy. Can the kids down the street come into my bedroom and talk to me? No. Can the kids down the street rely on me to meet their every need? No. Mine can. Why? Because I'm their daddy. In one of my favorite chapters in the Bible, comes this beautiful truth.
"For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him." Romans 8:14-17
"Abba Father" actually means daddy. God wants this relationship with us.
"Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God." John 1:12-13
It is through Jesus and accepting Him, that this is allowed to happen.
"But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship." Galatians 4:4-5
God does not want Religion. As a matter of fact, an argument could be made He hates religion. He seeks a relationship. Look what Jesus told us in Matthew 7:9-11
"Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!"
This is what God seeks for us. To be His children. Not that we follow some strict dogma, or blindly follow man-made traditions called religion. You do not have to be a scholar, an expert in Hebrewism, or born a Catholic. Look what the Word says here.
"For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth, one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:10-13
Religion is not salvation. Religion is not a relationship. God hungers for a relationship with you. A relationship of you being His Child and Him being your Father. He was there when you were born. He created you in the womb. He was there for your first steps. First words. He is there when you lay down and when you wake up. As long as you are "under His roof" in this relationship, He will meet your every need.

Try this. Get in the habit of waking up and praying. Get up earlier if you need to. Try to get in the habit of praying before you go to sleep. But try this. You ever look up and see a beautiful sunset, or go by a beautiful flower and immediately you look to share that with a loved one? Share it with God. "Oh, heavenly Father. Or Dad. Or ever hey God, thank you for this beautiful sunset." Going to work? "Hey God, thank you so much for all my blessings. Thank you so much for the abilities you have given me to do this job. Please help me to do the best I can today." " Hey God, please be with Susy. She looked a little down today. Not sure what is going on with her, but I know you do. Please be with her." Hey God, you know my child's birthday is coming up. please help me make it special."

We should be talking to God all day. Just like you talk to your earthly father or family. He wants to talk to you. To share with you your life. Be a part of it. Tell Him everything.
"do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." Philippians 4:6
In everything. Say "everything." Have the relationship God wants to have with you. You do not need big complicated elaborate prayers. You need a "Hey God" or a "Daddy?" Be the child of Gods He wants you to be and He will be your Daddy.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will heal you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a Sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus and His Sacrifice for me. I believe that He raised from the Dead. I repent my Sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is just that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}


Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...