Sunday, May 31, 2020

In All Things, At All Times

God is with you always.



Many of you know the beautiful poem, "Footprints." If not, here it is.

"One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."


The Author is disputed and often we see "Author Unknown" at the bottom. Yet, it could have been inspired by God Himself. Look at Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Jesus tells us this in John 14:18-20
I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you."
We are told to always remember this in Hebrews 13:5-6
"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”
In those times of distress and trials and tribulations, when there is only one set of footprints, He is carrying you. However, in all, say "all." In all other times, He is with you. He is there during the good times, most of which come from Him, to begin with. He is there in harder times. He is there in those times when you think you are all alone. Think about that for a second. He is always there.

In turn, or because of this fact, we should.
"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans." Proverbs 16:3
Why?
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
We need to always be thinking of God. Our Father. Not just our Creator, and Lord of lords, God of gods, and the great "I am," but He is now your Daddy. Pauls tells us in Romans 12:12
"Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;"
We have to have the right mind. If we are like everyone else, those who have no hope, then we will be susceptible to the same things they are. Worry, fear, pain, sorrow. We do not have to have this same mind. We do not have to worry.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
Isaiah 26:3 tells us this.
"You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast because they trust in you."
God is your Daddy. He is there when you wake up. He is there when you eat breakfast or don't. Shower and get ready? He is with you. Go out the door? He is with you. Work, School, or play? He is with you. It is not a parttime, only in Church on Sunday concept or idea, or thing. He is with us always. In all things. During all things. He is there. He is God.

Do not ever forget this. Yes. Of course. He is always there, parting seas, calming storms, healing sickness, and casting demons away out of your life, carrying you even if He must. He is also there all other times. Read the Word. Pray, and always think about Him.

If you have never done this, try it. Sometimes, people think about Prayer as this holier than anything, grand procedure, that one must be skilled with the knowledge of how to do it. It really is not this way. We will be discussing Pray more next time. But it is simply a conversation. Talk to God. Yes yes, get up and say your 5-minute obligated prayer in the morning. How about on your way to work? At work? How about something you see that you would instantly want to share with someone. Share with Him. "God? Did you see that?" Or "Daddy, can I please get through this meeting today." Or something like "God, thank you so much for this coffee. It is really good." Any and everything is worthy to share with God and to also help you to remember, HE is always with you.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will heal you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a Sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus and His Sacrifice for me. I believe that He raised from the Dead. I repent my Sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is just that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all. Amen.{2 Corinthians 13}


Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...