Sunday, May 24, 2020

Hunger for God

Not just man-made traditions called religion. 


Someone told me about Jesus. They told be John 3:16. They even brought me to church. I believe. I accepted Jesus. I am saved. But I will tell you what. I am working so hard. I really do not have time to go to church every week. Bible Study? What you mean to go to church more than once a week? I really might like to but, you know, I'm working, my kids have stuff all the time. My spouse is not really into it. But I try to Pray, uh, when I can. I try to make it to church on Sundays. I'm, you know, trying to do my part.

This is not God's plan. This is not a concept or ideal that actually makes any sense whatsoever. This is walking in the flesh and not by faith. This is living for the world and not for God. This is not the image of someone hungry for God.

Turn all the way back to Deuteronomy 6:5. This is God talking here.
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might."
Jesus quotes this when He said this. Matthew 22:36-37
"And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mindThis is the great and first commandment."
What does this mean? It means that you are to "Love your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind,"

Does that mean that we put it in this order? Job, Family, and Faith? No. Not even close. Jesus told us that we should seek God before we look for cloths, even our earthly food, and drink. Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."
Ok, ok, I get it. God should be important. I should spend more time praying and uh, going to church, and uh, what? No. You are still not getting it. It should not be, nor does God want it to be, a chore. A task. He does not want you to put Him first just because. YOU should want to put Him first, if not for any other reason, what He did for you.

He created you. Gave you the life you have now.

He laid down His Godhood and came to earth as a helpless little child, to grow and die for you.

He saved you from an incomprehensible existence of torture and pain.

He loves you.

The God of all of creation has made it possible for you, yes you, to be adopted into His family and call Him "Daddy."

Look at how Moses responded to God. God said Moses found favor in His sight. Moses responded this way Exodus 33:13
"Now, therefore, if I have found favor in your sight, please show me now your ways, that I may know you in order to find favor in your sight."
God said I love you. You are important to me. I see you for who and what you are. Moses said, if this is true, then please show me your ways. Teach me your ways, so that I will always remain this way in your sight.

Moses was already "saved," if you will. He was already blessed by God and already favored by God because of faithfulness. Yet? Moses was hungry for God. He hungered for God's knowledge. He wanted to make sure that he did not sin against God. He felt, and he is correct, that the only way to stay in God's favor is to know what God expects, likes and hates, and how to stay away from sin.

Ever violated a law or rule, at work or elsewhere, that you were not aware of? What is that old saying? "Ignorance of the law is no excuse." If you violate a law or rule, you are still guilty if you know it or not. You need to learn what they are in order to follow them.

We should have the desire, the hunger, to learn all we can about God, His Word, and His way. Jesus Himself told us this in His sermon on the mount Matthew 5:6
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied."
Moses was hungry for God. He did not have Jesus. He did not have the Holy Spirit that we are blessed with the ability to receive. He was asking God to show him God's way. God gave us Jesus. Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit.

Jesus told us that HE is who we should be hungering for. He said this in John 6:32
"Jesus then said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from heaven, but my Father gives you the true bread from heaven.."
He clarifies what He means in verse 35
"Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.""
Nothing else should be more important. We should be living our lives in this order. Faith, family, and freedom. Jobs? A distant fourth, if that. God should be where we put our trust, love, and respect. We should hunger for Him and His Word, and His will for our lives.
"But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen." 2 Peter 3:18
You should not have to have someone tell you anything. God can and will talk with you, teach you, answer your Prayer. One on one. He created all things and He created you, gave you the ability to become a child of His. Trust in Him. Hunger for Him. Thirst for Him. Again,
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied."
Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will heal you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a Sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus and His Sacrifice for me. I believe that He raised from the Dead. I repent my Sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is just that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}


Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...