Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Many gods, Sin

Slave to Sin


Hello friends. We could continue on in this series for weeks if we were to choose to, but we are just talking about the big three. We will be starting out Christmas Series "The Gift" next time.

Anything you place in the forefront of your life. Anything that you serve, IS your god, lord, and master. We talked about the god, lord, and master named Money. We talked about the god, lord, and master, who is growing in popularity, named Self. We will be talking about a god, lord, and master that we all have served and if you are not careful, you can still serve, even though you claim you are serving God. It is called Sin.
"Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is a slave to sin." John 8:34
Here is the thing. You do not have to go out and look for this god. You are born into its religion. You are born into the flesh and therefore you are born into Sin.
"Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me." Psalms 51:5
This is just the reality. Since Adam gave all domination over to the Devil,
"Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins." Ecclesiastes 7:20
And we know because The Word tells us so.
"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23
Jesus came to give us a choice.
"Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?" Romans 6:16
Even though you were born into Sin and are a Slave to Sin, and without Jesus, make no mistake about it..
"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," Romans 3:23
Who? ALL Who? All. Jesus came to free you from Sin.
"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." John 8:36
You cannot free yourself. You cannot change who you are. Sorry, I know some try to teach that you can. That in some way you can control you, yourself, and your Sin. However, this is not true. If you are not serving God, you ARE serving Sin. If you are walking in the Flesh, you CANNOT serve God.
"For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God." Romans 8:5-8
It really is so simple. You CHOOSE to accept God's Grace and the Sacrifice of Jesus. You CHOOSE to stop thinking fleshly, or worldly and start learning who God is. Learning what He says about this or that. What the truth really is. Thinking Spiritually.
"You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact, the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you." Romans 8:9-11
You must choose. Who do you serve? First, you have to accept Him. Then, and only then, you must then choose. Oh, you can continue to Sin. You can think, and sadly some do, that being Saved is a License to Sin. This is NOT the Truth at all. James warns us this.
"So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin." James 4:17
Peter gives us this very stern warning.
"For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them." 2 Peter 2:20-21
Is there Salvation for the Saved? Is it once Saved always Saved, no matter what you do? No. Sorry. I do not believe the Bible tells us this.
"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins," Hebrews 10:26
It does make sense if you think about it. If you come to me, and say, please adopt me into your family. I agree. However, I tell you to be a part of my family, I will require from you the same as I would require from all my children. If you are a faithful and good child, you, as with all my children, will inherit part of my vast estate and fortune.

You decide to stop coming to my house. You decide to go off and do your own thing. You decide to forsake me and my family. That is totally your choice. By doing this though, you are disqualifying yourself from all my blessings and promises. I can not bless you, help you, or even love you if you are no longer with me. As in all things, the choice is yours. You CHOOSE who you serve. Choose to serve God. Have God as your only God, Lord, and Master. There is only one true one. He is the great "I Am." There is nothing better, bigger, or more important. Choose wisely.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will heal you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I believe He raised from the dead. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}


Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...