Sunday, December 1, 2019

House of God, Building the Temple, Roof

The Roof, 


Or the Coverings. The Top. Remember we are talking about this statement.
"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;" 1 Corinthians 6:19
We talked about the need to "rebuild" the Temple of God. Or to build up the House of God. What is that? YOU. You are the Temple, the House of God.

We talked about laying a Solid Foundation with The Word of God. With the Wisdom of God and not of the things of this World.

We then talked about building the Walls of Faith, so when the storms and the trials and tribulations come, and the beat on the Walls, that is where they will stay. On the outside. You will be just fine.

What is left? We have the Foundation, as Jesus Himself told us.
Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.” Matthew 7:24-27
We built up the Walls of Faith. So no matter what comes, it will be deflected. Knowing this, {Romans 8} NOTHING can nor will ever come between you and the Love of God through Jesus the Christ. NOTHING. So we can truly have no fear.

However, we still have one component left. A House, a Temple, any kind of dwelling, is no dwelling without a Roof. If it rains, you are going to get wet. If it snows, you will get cold and wet. If it was to rain down Hail and Brimstone, you are going to get burnt and most likely die.

How do we build the Roof? We don't. I will say that again. We built the Foundation in The Word. We Built the Walls with Faith. Now the Roof? Well, that is all God.
"But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one" 2Thessalonians 3:3
God covers us with His Love, Grace, and His Protection. We read this in second Samuel
"My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies." 2 Samuel 22:3-4
It is not us. Not because we were so good at laying the Foundation. It is not because we have such great Faith that we no longer need anything. No. It is because God loves His Children. He loves us even though we are far from perfect. Far from Sinless. He covers us with His Grace.
"For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace." John 1:16
There is nothing we could do to EARN our Salvation and God's Love.
"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
You see, we are now the Children of God. My kids, whenever they want something, they know where I am. They come in and say "Daddy?" Then state their case, present their petition, or beg for forgiveness if they messed up. But they would not even think about it. They come and go as they chose. My baby girl will not only come in, but she will climb up in my chair with me. One of her favorite places to simply fall asleep.

I shared this story before. My baby Girl once looked me in the eyes when I was angry with her and said: "But I can talk to you because you are my Daddy." God IS our Daddy. We can come and go as we chose.
"Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:16
It is going to rain. It is going to Snow. We may even see Hail and Brimstone at some point. Hey, it has happened in the past. Right? But it does not matter what happens as long as you are covered in God's Grace and Love. Even all those things that we did ourselves. Our own Sins.
"Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered." Psalm 32:1
You see Child of God, God actually covers you BEFORE you even start laying the Foundation. Before you build the Walls. God is there. He called you out. He covered your Sins and weaknesses with His Love and Grace. All we have to do is accept it.
"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you." James 4:7-10
If you are a Child of God, then you ARE the House of the Lord. You are a Home to God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Stand firm. Have no fear. Know always, God is with you. Always.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will heal you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a Sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus and His Sacrifice for me. I believe that He raised from the Dead. I repent my Sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is just that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all. Amen.{2 Corinthians 13}


Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...