Sunday, October 27, 2019

Jesus in the Old Testament, Haggai

Jesus in Haggai


Jesus made this Statment.
You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life, and it is they that bear witness about me,"
Haggai is said to be the first of the Post Exile Prophets. He was active after 70 years of captivity in Babylon. Haggai means ''Festive'' or ''Festival of the Lord.'' The task before these people was the rebuilding of the wall and the city of Jerusalem, the restoration of the Temple. Of course, as often happens, they soon forgot the Lord. Haggai preached four sermons to this returned remnant, during a period of three months.

We begin in Haggai 1 The neglect of God's House
"In the second year of Darius the king, in the sixth month, on the first day of the month, the word of the Lord came by the hand of Haggai the prophet to Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest: “Thus says the Lord of hosts: These people say the time has not yet come to rebuild the house of the Lord.” Then the word of the Lord came by the hand of Haggai the prophet, “Is it a time for you yourselves to dwell in your paneled houses, while this house lies in ruins? "
So God rescues them out of Babylon. Soon after their freedom, they build up their homes yet they forget about God and leave His Temple in ruins. God commands them to rebuild His Temple.

Think about this. This is what Jesus does for us. He comes and rescues us from the Bondage of Sin and Death. He saves us and sets us free. We ourselves become the Temple of God. We are Saved from Sin, evil, even death, then eternal damnation. How soon do we forget what God does for us? How soon we just go on living our lives and doing the things we want to do.
"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own," 1 Corinthians 6:19
God wants us to build up His Temple. Lay a solid foundation with His Word. strengthen the Walls with Faith, and put the Roof on with Grace, Hope, and Love. Open the Doors and allow the Holy Spirit to come in and dwell with you always.

Jesus made this Statement.
"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him." John 14:18-21
Then a little bit later He continued saying this.
"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you." John 14:26-27
How do you think you would feel if someone invites you over to their home, and when you arrive it is trashed and filled with garbage. It is open and all kinds of things are invited in and come in doing all kinds of stuff. Remember the story Jesus told us about the Demon Spirit?
When the unclean spirit has gone out of a person, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, but finds none. Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when it comes, it finds the house empty, swept, and put in order. Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they enter and dwell there, and the last state of that person is worse than the first. So also will it be with this evil generation.” Matthew 12:43-45
You ARE a House. A Temple. You are housing either an Evil Spirit or the Holy Spirit. God wants you to build up and strengthen His Temple. You.
"Then Haggai, the messenger of the Lord, spoke to the people with the Lord's message, “I am with you, declares the Lord.” And the Lord stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people. And they came and worked on the house of the Lord of hosts, their God," Haggai 1:13-14
They heard and obeyed God's voice and did as He told them. He said, "I am with you." Just like when we hear and obey God, Jesus tells us He is with us.
"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
Then we go to Chapter 2
"Speak now to Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and to all the remnant of the people, and say, ‘Who is left among you who saw this house in its former glory? How do you see it now? Is it not as nothing in your eyes? Yet now be strong, O Zerubbabel, declares the Lord. Be strong, O Joshua, son of Jehozadak, the high priest. Be strong, all you people of the land, declares the Lord. Work, for I am with you, declares the Lord of hosts, according to the covenant that I made with you when you came out of Egypt. My Spirit remains in your midst. Fear not. For thus says the Lord of hosts: Yet once more, in a little while, I will shake the heavens and the earth and the sea and the dry land. And I will shake all nations, so that the treasures of all nations shall come in, and I will fill this house with glory, says the Lord of hosts." Haggai 2:2-7
We know that this time or as many others call it, "The Day of The Lord," is coming. Nothing will stand. Nothing will survive unless they filled by and protected by, God.
"Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and with a loud voice he called to all the birds that fly directly overhead, “Come, gather for the great supper of God, to eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all men, both free and slave, both small and great.” And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth with their armies gathered to make war against him who was sitting on the horse and against his army. And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur." Revelation 19:17-20
Jesus said this. Although all these things are coming,
"But the one who endures to the end will be saved." Matthew 24:13
Take back the Temple. Rebuild it. Cover it. Allow God to come in and strengthen it. In time, He will also Glorify it.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will heal you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a Sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus and His Sacrifice for me. I believe that He raised from the Dead. I repent my Sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is just that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A New Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all. Amen.{2 Corinthians 13}


Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 3

 Chapter 3 A Man with a Withered Hand 1 Again he entered the synagogue, and a man was there with a withered hand. 2 And they watched Jesus, ...