Sunday, November 25, 2018

The Calling. Justification

A Time of Preparation. 



We are talking about the Five Steps of life in Romans 8:29-30
"For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified."
We have already covered

Step 1 - Foreknowledge of You.
Step 2 - Predestination.
Step 3 - Calling.


Step 3 is the most important Step in any Human Life. This is where, depending on your answer, separates you from being a Creation of God to being a Child of God. This is where it is decided if you move into Step 4 and 5, or continue on with your Life as is.

Even though Step 3 is the most important Step, cannot become Adopted into the Family of God without it, Step 4 is the second most important Step for any Child of God.

Step 4 - Justification.  A time of Preparation.

Young Jimmy loved Pro Fighting. He watches all the Pro Fighting Shows. From Wrestling, Boxing, to even Kick Boxing and Martial Arts. He pretends to be the Heavy Weight Champ when no one is home. He fights the air, pillows, or whatever he can find. He imagines the crowd going wild and chanting his name.

Then one day, he goes to a Live Event. The Champ comes out and issues an open challenge to anyone in the Arena to step up and take him on. Jimmy jumps up and runs into the Ring. What happens? Yup. The Champ knocks out Jimmy in about 20 seconds. Why? The Champ is well trained and does this sort of thing on a daily bases. Jimmy? He was not prepared.

God calls us all into His Ministry. Some get scared and run the other way. Some get complacent and become satisfied with going to the "Show." Going to Church, celebrating with the Music, hearing the Message, and going home. Some get really excited and run out to "Save the World." However, here is the thing, if you are not Prepared? You will end up just like Jimmy. Even worse at that.

Paul tells us of his time of Preparation in Galatians 1:11-24
"For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man's gospel. For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ. For you have heard of my former life in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God violently and tried to destroy it. And I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people, so extremely zealous was I for the traditions of my fathers. But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son to me, in order that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with anyone; nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I went away into Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.

Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas and remained with him fifteen days. But I saw none of the other apostles except James the Lord's brother. (In what I am writing to you, before God, I do not lie!) Then I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia. And I was still unknown in person to the churches of Judea that are in Christ. They only were hearing it said, “He who used to persecute us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.” And they glorified God because of me."
First, notice this. He said, "the gospel that was preached by me is not man's gospel. For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ." He is not a disciple of anyone. He did not learn from Peter, or John, or any Man-Made Organizations. He did not go and get a Degree in Theology. He learned DIRECTLY from Jesus. So can you. Pray, read God's Word, Pray, spent time with God, Pray, you get the point.

Second, notice he says this. "I did not immediately consult with anyone; nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I went away into Arabia, and returned again to Damascus. Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas and remained with him fifteen days." It was not a Ninety Day Online Course where you spend $100.00 bucks and BAM! You become a Pastor. He spent three years. Three. YEARS. How much time have you invested in learning about God, His Word, and His Way?

Time is a funny thing. We want things NOW. Now is the Time according to us. Problem is? We see it truly different than God does. God knows the best times for this or that. He is the Author and Finisher of our Faith. Jesus Himself waited until the due time. 30 ish years. Think about that. Jesus, the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings was a Carpenter. He grew up like we did. Dealt with Life as we do, even went out a got a Job just like we do. Then, when the time was right according to God, Jesus revealed His true Self to us all. Moses was 80, Abraham was 100, Noah was like 600 when God used them? You are?

Peter tells us this in 1 Peter 3:15
"but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,"
Do you know why? Why as a Child of God, you should be anxious for nothing? Fear nothing? Worry about nothing? Why? Why should you, simply as a Child of God, feel more secure in the Future than anyone else? Are you sure that you are right, and all other "Religions" are false? Do you know why?

Jesus tells us this in Luke 6:40
"A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone, when he is fully trained, will be like his teacher."
Fully Trained. Anointed. Filled with the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. After Jesus died, rather rose from the dead, what did He instruct those who followed Him?
"And while staying with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, “you heard from me; for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."" {Acts 1:4-5}
Here is the reason why? This is the Same reason you should not become as those Jesus warned us about in Matthew 13:20-21
"But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles."
If you are not prepared, and you go out there and try to throw around the little knowledge you may have, you may come across a Clever Enemy. One that could and will try, to plant seeds of doubt, even in your own Heart. What will you do? Someone asks you to clarify, there is none by the way, but to clarify or rectify, some of the Contradictions in the Bible, Or explain why Jesus IS the only "I am the way and the truth and the life." and Why "No one comes to the Father except through me." {John 14:6} Or why Jesus said this?
"I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live," {John 11:25}
It is imperative for you, even though you are a Child of God, to spend time with Him. Learning from Him. Learning, Loving, and understanding His Word. Spend time with those of like Mind. Spend the time, however much time God feels necessary, in Preparation, so that God can Justify you. Prepare you to accept His Plan and Purpose for your Life. Trust me, you cannot do it without this. No matter what you may think.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent of my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}


Until next time, Be Blessed, Be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Biblical Heart Check

 Biblical Heart Check I truly believe this is one of the scariest prayers a human being can pray to God. “Search me, O God, and know my hear...