Sunday, October 28, 2018

Be You

Everyone Else Is Taken. 


We all dream, and pretend, and play, Rockstar, Movie Star, Doctor, Policeman, Fire Fighter, ETC. When we are Children, we dream that we are the next Big Thing, the Champ, the Superstar, the most winning Race Car Driver, ETC. So what happens between Walking on the Moon, and Graduating High School? We grow up.
"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways." {1 Corinthians 13:11}
Not everyone is a Rockstar. Not everyone is the Heavyweight Champ. Not everyone will ever win a Nascar Race. For every Thousand or multiple Thousands of Wrestlers, there is only one Hulk Hogan. For the Thousands of Actors, there is only one Johnny Depp. There have been Thousands of Boxers, yet there will only ever be one Muhammad Ali.

Do you know why there are so many Auto Mechanics, Janitors, Garbagemen, and Teachers? Because not everyone is a Doctor, Scientist, Policemen, or Fire Fighters. If you do not like School all that much, and I really did not, don't be mad at the one who put in the time and became a Doctor.

There is an old saying, "Find a way to make money doing what you love, and you will never work a day in your life." My Paraphrase of course. But it is True. I love Writing. If I was getting paid to simply Write the Kid Books and Faith-Based stuff, it would never seem like Work. If I am Digging a Ditch, I will be miserable and will not last long at that Job.

Paul said this in Philippians 4:11-13
"Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Paul also while encouraging Timothy, he said this.
"But godliness with contentment is great gain, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs." {1 Timothy 6:6-12}
How can he make these Statements? Because he had Faith and found to be true, What Jesus was trying to teach us when He said this.
"Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ orWhat shall we drink?’ orWhat shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." {Matthew 6:31-33}
God Created you in a very specific way, in a very specific planned out, conscientious, way. The Word declares this in Psalm 139,
"For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them."
God took the time to number the very hairs on your Head {Luke 12:7} You are 6'5" of 5' tall. You are Blonde, Brunette, Redhead. You have Brown Eyes or Blue. You are who God Created you to be. Along with your Physical Attributes, God also gave you certain Gifts and or Skills.

You know what you are good at. Some People are People Persons. Some love Math and Numbers. Some LOVE Science. I love Science. Some absolutely love building things. The key to living a Content Life is doing what you LOVE doing.

I have known People in life that spend their entire lives trying to stay one foot out of the Grave. They work 10 plus hours a day. They made $19 Million Dollars this year, but they are obsessed with making $20 Million next year. Their 401 K is fat. Their Bank Account is Fat. Yet? It is not enough. They need more. So what they are on their third Marriage? So what they were never there to see their Kids grow up? Gotta make that money.

Fast forward. Deathbed. Not to be morbid. What are they saying? They are not saying "I wished I had made that extra Million. No. They say they regret NOT being there for their Kids. For their Wives. For their Families. The sad truth is, it is usually then, only in the end that they learn the Truth Jesus taught us when He said this.
"And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for ones life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”" {Luke 12:15}
I have also known people, and I have been one, who go off to a Job that makes them physically sick to their stomachs. One that they absolutely HATE. Why? Gotta make that money. I remember clear as crystal the day I quit that Job. I remember going to Work, and seeing the typical garbage about to go on that went on every day, and I remember getting this in my Spirit. "Do you know why you are here? Why you keep coming here? Because you do not trust me. God" I remember the Holy Spirit brought this Passage to my remembrance.
"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." {Matthew 6:33}
So I took a leap of Faith and left. God Blessed me with a GREAT Job. One I ended up being at for over 11 years. Then God called me away from that one to serve Him on more Full-time bases. I am Blessed. I have a loving and Godly Wife. I have three Beautiful Children. I get to see them every day. I now have the freedom to go and do what God tells me too, whenever God tells me to. I discovered that God made me a Writer and a People Person. He gave me Wisdom and a desire to continuously learn all I can. He Called me to use these Gifts, not only in the World but also to Serve in the Kingdom. More about that next time. Today we are just going to stick to World Sense.

I am more than happy now. Oh, I have a thorn in my side that keeps me pretty humble, as Paul said he did as well. I also know that there is no other way than by the very Grace of God, are our daily needs are met and the Family is taken care of. Not by my hand. Not by my "Job." My abilities to do whatever better than someone else. No. It is by the Grace of God and His faithfulness to me, that our daily needs are met and the Family is taken care of.

Do I have Billions in the Bank? Nope. But the bills are Paid. Do I have a Manson with 15 rooms? Nope. But I have a House full of Love. Do I have a Job where I get Praise and Glory from Man? Nope, but I get Hugs and Cuddles from a Beautiful little Girl every morning. I get to watch my Sons grow into young Men. I get to spend time with a Woman who wants little more than to make me Happy. I AM truly Rich because I AM truly Content. Oh, and that 401 K? Don't have one. I have a 401 E And Eternal Retirement Plan. That is more than enough for me.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent of my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}
If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}


Until next time, Be Blessed, Be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Mark, Chapter 2

 Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic 1 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were...