Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mining for Wisdom. What is Wisdom?

What is Wisdom?


The Word declares in Proverbs 3:13-18
"Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding, for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold. She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who lay hold of her; those who hold her fast are called blessed."
More precious than Silver, Gold, or even Jewels. "Nothing you desire can compare to her." Wisdom. "Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor." Wisdom. When God asked Solomon what he wanted, anything in the entire World, Solomon ask for nothing more than Wisdom. As a result? I Kings 3:5-14
"At Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night, and God said, “Ask what I shall give you.” And Solomon said, “You have shown great and steadfast love to your servant David my father, because he walked before you in faithfulness, in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart toward you. And you have kept for him this great and steadfast love and have given him a son to sit on his throne this day. And now, O Lord my God, you have made your servant king in place of David my father, although I am but a little child. I do not know how to go out or come in. And your servant is in the midst of your people whom you have chosen, a great people, too many to be numbered or counted for multitude. Give your servant therefore an understanding mind to govern your people, that I may discern between good and evil, for who is able to govern this your great people?”

It pleased the Lord that Solomon had asked this. And God said to him, “Because you have asked this, and have not asked for yourself long life or riches or the life of your enemies, but have asked for yourself understanding to discern what is right, behold, I now do according to your word. Behold, I give you a wise and discerning mind, so that none like you has been before you and none like you shall arise after you. I give you also what you have not asked, both riches and honor, so that no other king shall compare with you, all your days. And if you will walk in my ways, keeping my statutes and my commandments, as your father David walked, then I will lengthen your days.”"
There was none other like Solomon. He became so Wise that Rulers from all around the World came to see his Wisdom. God also made him the Richest person to ever walk this Earth. He gave him relative Peace and long life. There was never a one like Solomon, nor shall there ever be again. All this, because he sought out Wisdom, before anything else. His desire was to find Wisdom.

What IS Wisdom?
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction." {Proverbs 1:7}
Do not be mislead. We are not talking about the Wisdom of Man here. We are not talking about what Society says is Wise. 1 Corinthians 18-20
"Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is folly with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their craftiness,” and again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.”"
See, it does not matter what Man says. It does not matter what Society says. After all, they do not even hear the Truth. They cannot even understand that they can be Saved by simply accepting the Truth that Jesus came and died for them. Remember, to the World THIS, the Truth. The Sacrifice of Jesus, is what? Yup. Foolishness. 1 Corinthians 1:23
"But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;"
So we are talking about Heavenly, Godly, Wisdom. Not Worldly, Man based Wisdom. God IS Wisdom. James 3:17
"But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere."
This is what we should be seeking out.
"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him." {James 1:5}
Let me share with you a brief story. Not sure if I ever shared this here or not. Back in the early days of my Life, around 20 ish I think, I met two Men, Dwight and James. These two Men were instrumental in helping me become Saved. But perhaps not how you would imagine.

See, both these Men claimed to be Christian. Both claimed to be "Born Again.": However, they were both telling me two completely different things. One would tell me that it was all Supernatural. That I had to be Baptized to be Saved. That I had to "Speak in Tongues" and I had to be "Slain in the Spirit." His Church went on for hours. From 8 am with Donuts and Bagels to the afternoon. If you have ever seen "Blues Brothers" it was like that. Dancing and bouncing off the walls. People falling on the floor and convulsing. It was quite the experience.

The other was telling me, that was all kinda nonsense. That Worship should be organized and clear understanding. That Baptism was nothing more than an outward sign of my Proclaimed Faith in Jesus. That "Speaking in Tongues" is nothing more than speaking in your own language. Praying to God.

So how could these two Men be so far apart, claim to both be the same Saved through Jesus and "Born again?" How is this Truth? So I started a quest if you will. Looking into other Denominations and even Religions. After some time, I heard clear as day, "Are you done?" My response was something like "Done with what Lord? I'm more confused than I have ever been." God's response to me? "Stop trying to learn from the creation, learn from the Creator."

{Holding up the Bible} THIS. This is Wisdom. This is Truth. This is learning directly from the Creator of all things. THIS. Not anything else. Nothing else can even compare.

I want to know what God says about Abortion. "Well, 1973, a group of people in Black Robes declared that it was a Woman's Choice to kill her unborn Child through a Medical Procedure called Abortion." NO! This says Abortion is the Murder of the most innocent of all Life. It is NOT ok. It is not Wisdom, rather confusion and foolishness.

I want to know what God says about Homosexuality. "Well, in 2015, a group of people in Black Robes declared that Gay People have a Right to Marry and Homosexuality is good and natural and should be protected by Law." Some Churches have even started to teach that this is now ok. NO! This says Homosexuality is both against God and Nature. This says that Homosexuality is Sin. It is NOT ok. It is not Wisdom, rather confusion and foolishness.

I want to know what God says about Bowing before Statues and Praying to Mary, or this Saint or that. "Well, the Church said in blah blah blah..." NO! This says that we are not to put anything before God. That we should not commit Idolatry. It is NOT ok. It is not Wisdom, rather confusion and foolishness.

Mary can't Save you. Saint Peter, Saint Paul. Saint so and so from so and so can't Save you. Only Jesus can. Only, by accepting His Sacrifice, can you be Saved. There is no other way. Any other stuff? It is NOT ok. It is not Wisdom, rather confusion and foolishness.

Next time we will be discussing the difference in Knowledge and Wisdom. There is a very distinct difference. An important one that we must understand. If you are Mining for Riches? If you are seeking out Glory? May I suggest to you? That you start Mining for Wisdom. Worked out for Solomon.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}


Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Right Up, Book of Mark

 Let's chat Hey folks, if you have been with us here at TAG, {The Truth According to God} for the past 50 weeks, congratulations, you j...