Sunday, May 27, 2018

Mining for Wisdom. Importance of Application

Why Apply? 


{Walks on stage carrying a Briefcase. Walks over a sets it on a table.}

"There is One Million Dollars in this Briefcase. I love you. I understand that you have some issues that this will help with. Your Electric has been turned off. You have no running Water. Nothing to eat. You are about to lose your Home. Please, I love you. Take this and help yourself."

{Long pause}

What are you doing? Why are you sitting there looking at this Briefcase? By sitting there looking at it, what is it you feel, you may accomplish? I gave you the Knowledge. I told you all you need to know. I leave. Here you are, sitting, looking at the Briefcase.

You know what happens now? If you do not take the knowledge you have received, that there is money, One Million Dollars in this Briefcase, and APPLY it to all your needs, you will never get out of the Situation you are in.Your Electric has been turned off. You have no running Water. Nothing to eat. You are about to lose your Home. Even though, you have the answers to all your financial problems right here.

This {Holding up the Bible} has more than a Million Dollars in it. Remember God said?
"Take my instruction instead of silver, and knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is better than jewels, and all that you may desire cannot compare with her." {Proverbs 8:10-11}
This is the Wisdom of God. Pure, Unadulterated, Holy, Righteous, Life-Saving, Life Changing, Life-Sustaining, Wisdom of God.

However? Just like that Briefcase, if you do not open this up, and apply what is in it, you will never get out of the Situation you are in. Let's continue in Proverbs 8. This is Wisdom talking. Verse 12-on
"I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, and I find knowledge and discretion. The fear of the LORD is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate. I have counsel and sound wisdom; I have insight; I have strength. By me kings reign, and rulers decree what is just; by me princes rule, and nobles, all who govern justly. I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me. Riches and honor are with me, enduring wealth and righteousness. My fruit is better than gold, even fine gold, and my yield than choice silver. I walk in the way of righteousness, in the paths of justice, I granting an inheritance to those who love me, and filling their treasuries.

The LORD possessed me at the beginning of his work, the first of his acts of old. Ages ago I was set up, at the first, before the beginning of the earth. When there were no depths I was brought forth, when there were no springs abounding with water. Before the mountains had been shaped, before the hills, I was brought forth, before he had made the earth with its fields, or the first of the dust of the world. When he established the heavens, I was there; when he drew a circle on the face of the deep, when he made firm the skies above, when he established the fountains of the deep, when he assigned to the sea its limit, so that the waters might not transgress his command, when he marked out the foundations of the earth, then I was beside him, like a master workman, and I was daily his delight, rejoicing before him always, rejoicing in his inhabited world and delighting in the children of man.

And now, O sons, listen to me: blessed are those who keep my ways. Hear instruction and be wise, and do not neglect it. Blessed is the one who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting beside my doors. For whoever finds me finds life and obtains favor from the LORD, but he who fails to find me injures himself; all who hate me love death.”
It is all in here. Everything you need. But without applying it in your life, what benefit do you have? It is like you have resources to assist someone, and yet you are not assisting them. It is like you have the Briefcase and you say "There is One Million Dollars in this Briefcase. I love you. I understand that you have some issues that this will help with. Your Electric has been turned off. You have no running Water. Nothing to eat. You are about to lose your Home." Yet, you do not give them the Briefcase. Look at James 2:15-17
"If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead."
The same applies to this. {The Bible} This in your life. You can know what it says. But have you applied what it says to your life? Of course the most obvious is this. We read, Matthew 1:18-25, Luke 2: 8-14, John 1, John 3:16-18, Matthew 28:5-6, John 20:27-29, Romans 10:9-10 Etc. Yet, we do not apply that Wisdom to our own lives. In other words, for whatever reason, we decide that Jesus is NOT the answer and we CHOSE to reject Him and His Sacrifice. We will never go to Heaven. This will be us when we stand before God. Matthew 7:21-23
"Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!"
Or we can apply this Wisdom to Pray this Prayer,

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

And be Adopted into the Family of God,
"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together." {Romans 8:14-17}
That is a BIG difference in Applying and not. Heaven or Hell. Saved or lost. But this whole thing {The Bible} is filled with the Love of God towards us. He wants us to get out of the Situations in Life that we have found ourselves in. He wants us to stop worrying about the cares of this World. He wants us to start trusting Him. He has given us the Briefcase. All we have to do is, open it, and apply it to our needs.

Want to get over morning for someone lost? God has Wisdom for that.
Want a Happy Family? God has Wisdom for that.
Want little to no Fear in your Life? God has Wisdom for that.
Want no fear of Death? God has Wisdom for that.
Got any Question? God has Wisdom for that.

Open this up. Apply it to your Life. Just like that Briefcase, this will do you no good whatsoever, if you do not open it up, and take it out, and apply it to your Life. Seriously. Let us deal with the Biggest one. The most important one. Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

Now the rest is on you. Open this up. Take it out. Apply it to your everyday Life. It will find it a lot easier with the Wisdom of God than you ever will, the Wisdom of the World.

If you share with me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 47

  Chapter 47 Jacob's Family Settles in Goshen 1 So Joseph went in and told Pharaoh, “My father and my brothers, with their flocks and he...