Sunday, March 25, 2018

Desiring to be God, Lucifer

Pride, the Oldest Sin.


"I am the Smartest. I am the ablest. I am the only one that can, and will, control my life. There is no one more important than me. Why do I need to listen to anyone else? What do they have to offer me? I do not care what someone in your Church says. I do not care what some old book that was written thousands of years ago says. Nor do I care what your invisible man in the sky, so-called God, says. I do not have time for that nonsense."

Have you heard any of these? Worst yet, have you said any of these? What is this all about? Where does this come from? Kids ratting out other Kids to get to be the Teacher's Pet? The Head of the Class? What about those people in the Work Place? You know, those people that will kiss the Boss's, uh, Ring, rat others out, and screw over other Employees, just to get a Promotion? What about some Criminals? Serial Killers? Rapists? Organized Crime? Even to some in the Church? Where does this come from? What do they all have in common?

"Wait. Are you really comparing Boss Kissers to Serial Killers? Kids trying to be the Teacher's Pet to Rapists?"

Actually? Yes. What do they all have in common? The Desire to Lord over others. The Desire to have ultimate Power and Control over their environment and others in it. All in their own way, the Desire to be God.

This is the oldest desire and the oldest Sin there is. This is the Sin that brought down Lucifer. The Son of the Morning. The Morning Star. The first and most favorite Angel.
"“How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low! You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far reaches of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’ But you are brought down to Sheol, to the far reaches of the pit." {Isaiah 14:12-15}
What was Lucifer's Sin?
'I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God. I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far reaches of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’
He desired to be God. He wanted nothing to do with having to listen to anyone else. Having anyone else over him. He desired to be the Smartest, Most Powerful, and Worshiped, god, that ever was. He wanted to Rule over all of God's Creation.

But he is not God. He is nothing more than another Created Being. Just like the Heavens and the Earth. Just like the Birds and the Trees. Just like You and Me. You have God. Then you have everything else. There is only one God. One Creator. EVERYTHING else is nothing more than His Creation. Let's turn to Ezekiel 28:13-19
"Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. By the multitude of thy merchandise, they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more."
However, this did not stop Lucifer from trying to overthrow God. It didn't work. Jesus told us this in Luke 10:18
"And he said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven."
So let's look at what Lucifer, now known as Satan, actually desired and actually said in his heart. He said, "I will." The first "I will" is this.
"I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God."
I will BE God.
"I will set my throne on high"
I will Possess God's Glory.
"I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far reaches of the north"
I will have all worship and serve me.
"I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;"
I will exercise Authority.
"I will make myself like the Most High."
I will occupy Heaven.

Lucifer wanted to penetrate the kingdom of the infinite God. He wanted his own Throne from which he could exercise final authority and make all decisions and rule over all the Angels. He desired to sit or be Enthroned in the Highest Place, with all submissive to him. He desired to be the center of attention and to be Idolized. Lucifer coveted God’s glory for his own. He wanted to be EQUAL with God and to take God’s place as Possessor and Ruler of all. He wanted to be responsible to no one.

He failed. He was cast out. Then God Created Man and gave Man domination over all God's Creation. We see this in Genesis 1:26-28
"Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”"
Obviously, this did not sit well with Lucifer, now Satan. So he had to attempt to steal this Creation, AKA the World, away from Man. This is what we will discuss next time. This is how he gained control over this World. How he became “god of this World or Age” (2 Corinthians 4:4), “Prince of this World” (John 12:31).

Yet even this was not enough. Which is why we see him tempt Jesus. Knowing that Jesus, was God in the Flesh, a weaker version of God if you will, but yet still having all Authority over, not only this World but all of Creation. Matthew 4:8-9
"Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. And he said to him, “All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me.”
ALL the Kingdoms of the World. You see, Satan could tempt Jesus with this because they belong to Satan already. He was saying, you know what is coming. These people you are here to Save will turn on you. They will Abuse and Kill you in a horrible way. Forget God. Kneel before me, and I will make you god of this world. You can Rule over them however you see fit. You do not have to die at their hands. You can live a long life in total and complete control over these Talking Monkeys as long as you bow before me, giving me total Authority over everything. Although it worked with Man, thankfully, this did not work with Jesus. Jesus is still in complete control.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? Have you been to THE Tree? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be.

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}


Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting to Know "The Force" 8

The Final is the  essence or meaning of something, A thing's core quality or nature The Hebrew word Ruach is translated as "Spirit&...