Sunday, February 25, 2018

What Is Progressive Christianity? Redefinition

Changing the Unchangeable



Progressive Christianity is attempting to do 5 things.

1- The importance of the Bible is diminished.
2- Historical terms, including some in the Bible, are redefined.
3- The Bible, and other foundational Doctrines are reinterpreted and twisted.
4- Feelings are more important than Facts.
5- The Gospel is no longer taught as Salvation but as a means of Social Justice.

Last time we talked about how they are attempting to diminish the importance of the Bible as the absolute Word of God and final authority to all things. Well, many still see the Bible and other Historical terms and definitions as Truth, so what to do? Redefine.

What is Christianity? Following Jesus and doing God's Will. It is a gift from God.
"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God," {Ephesians 2:8}
Jesus told us that we had to be born again. John 3:3
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
There is no other way than Jesus. {Entire Bible points to Jesus and Jesus alone, John 3:16-18, John 10:1-21, John 14:6  just a few}

World? Christianity is simply loving all of God's Children and accepting them for who and what they are. There is no Judgment. There is no real difference in Christianity and any other Religion. We must respect all no matter what they believe and how they chose to live. Just be good and you will be ok.

Marriage? Bible tells us God created Marriage. He created it for a Man and Woman.
"Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh." {Genesis 2:24}
Jesus repeats in Mark 10:8-9
"and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate."
World? Marriage is, however, you chose to define it. Man and Man, Woman and Woman, Man who used to be a woman with a Woman who used to be a Man. Now there is even a movement where you can Marry yourself. Not kidding.

How about this one. The removal of Masculine Titles in the Bible. Man to Humans. Men to Men and Women. God the Father to God the Heavily Being. ETC. Hense we are all Equal and all God's Children and God is whatever you think God should be.

You see how it really seems like no big deal right? Seriously. I can live with calling God a Heavenly Being. Right? No. I see HIM as my Heavenly Father. I am HIS Child. I have a one on one relationship with HIM. I am a Man. I am a Male. I am a Father. It does not matter how you feel about it. It is what it is. God IS our Father. We are what we are. The Truth is the Truth.

See, once you start down this slippery slope. You open the door. First, OK, God is a Heavenly Being. Then OK, I can see how we should see everyone as equal and we should do away with old titles and stereotypes. OK, who really cares who Marries who? Seriously, if Pat and Jack Marry, how does that really affect me? It doesn't so? OK, I get it, it makes sense. If I have a right to believe how I do, then all should have the same right and who really says I am in the right Religion? Or that my Religion is the one with the Truth. See how this works?

Paul warns Timothy of this in 2 Timothy 4:3
“For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.”
Once you start allowing things to be redefined you end up with Confusion and Stupidity. Sorry, this is Stupidity. There is Male and Female. Redefining Personhood now says there is Male and Female, Male Females and Female Males, Those that go back and forth, and whatever you decide is you. Now we are told to accept this craziness.

So once this becomes normal, what is next? Have you ever heard the term Transracial? Race means what you are born into. White, Black, Indian, Oriental, ETC. But now you can be whatever you chose. IF you are White but feel Black or wish people to see you as Black. It is OK. You should be celebrated for your Mental Disorder.

God is not the author of confusion folks. He also does not make mistakes. If you were born a Six Foot, Black Male, with Grayish Eyes, Guess what? That is how He made you.
"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." {Psalm 139:13-16}
Trust me on this one. God is smarter than us. He created all there is, was, or ever will be. He gave us a Manual to live by. His Word. The Bible. We were once intelligent. We were once mostly on the same page in this Country. It used to be that we called things what they are. Right was Right, Mostly in line with what the Bible said, and Wrong was Wrong. It did not matter who you were, where you were from, and how you were raised. We all pretty much agreed on Morals and Common Courtesy.

Progressive Christianity is simply people that want to consider themselves as Religious, yet they do not want to be labeled as Close Minded and Discriminatory as they have labeled those that DO follow True Christianity. It is also a tool of the Devil to keep people from True Christianity.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"


That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}


Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 50

 Chapter 50 1 Then Joseph fell on his father's face and wept over him and kissed him. 2 And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians...