Sunday, February 11, 2018

New Year / New Things

New YOU / New Things


New YOU? Yup. Speaking to those of you who have accepted the Truth. Those of you who have heard of Jesus and have received the good news and joy of His Resurrection. I'm talking to those who have made the conscious decision to allow Jesus's Sacrifice to be your Sacrifice. You are a Child of God. A new Creature. You
"have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}
Yesterday, you were dead. Yesterday, you had no hope. Yesterday, you were nothing more than one born to die. Yesterday is GONE. Today is a new day. This is a New Year. A New Beginning. This is Now. This is Today. This is Reality. A Clean Slate.

Remember, God always promises something new. In Isaiah 43:18-19
"Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert."
Paul wrote this to the Philippians, Philippians 3:13
"Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,"
Why is this important? Why did Jesus even tell us these things?
"To another he said, “Follow me.” But he said, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father.” And Jesus said to him, “Leave the dead to bury their own dead. But as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.” Yet another said, “I will follow you, Lord, but let me first say farewell to those at my home.” Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God." {Luke 9:59-62}
That seems a bit Harsh. Does it not? Seriously. What were they asking? One asked to go to his Father, who just died, to go to his Father's Funeral. They other? The other simply wanted to go home and let them know that he was OK but was going to be leaving to follow Jesus. What did Jesus say? "No." He said
No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God."
Why? It is like this. You were once one addicted to Money? Drugs? Alcohol? Sex? Pride? If you say you were not you are lying. You were once all about the World. Mostly, what the World can do for you. Your life as you always knew it is still there. Your Friends, the ones you use to do all those things with? All those things? The Routines. The Habits. The Sins. They are all still there.

Another aspect to think of is this. Name me one person in the Bible that said "Yes" to Jesus and then stayed where they were. Did Peter stay on the Boat? Did Matthew stay at the Table of Customs? Nope. They left all to follow Jesus. What happens when you are trying to follow someone and you lose sight of them? Yup. You are no longer following them. If you do not know where you are and trust me, you do not know where you are if you are following Jesus, you can get lost fast and easily.

We can even forget we are a New Creature. Peter warned us this in 2 Peter 2:21-22
"For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. What the true proverb says has happened to them: “The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns to wallow in the mire.”
There is nothing for you in Yesterday. IT WAS NOT A BETTER TIME! You were dead and dying. You were separated from God. You were on your way to Hell. Oh, you may have good memories. That is a good thing. You may have fond memories of your Childhood, your old Hometown, your Friends, and Families. But make no mistake about it, these are nothing to be compared to what Jesus has done for you. What lies ahead. Paul wrote this in Ecclesiastes 7:10
"Say not, “Why were the former days better than these?” For it is not from wisdom that you ask this."
Please do not misunderstand. I have incredible memories of growing up. I truly feel, up to being Saved by Jesus, my growing up in Salisbury Mills NY was the best time in my Life. I loved Grandma. I loved growing up in her House. Loved growing up with my best friend Billy. When I became an Adult, Life started to get, eh, well, Life.

However, once I accepted Jesus? I went from being a life that was simply born to die, to living a Life temporarily here, able to enjoy all of God's beautiful Creation that He Created for me, us all, without fear, to a Life Eternal. I no longer have to fear anything. Not even Death itself. Now instead of worrying about what comes after my time is up here, I now KNOW that
"‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children." {Revelation 21:4-7}
I know I will walk on Streets paved with Gold. I will have no more Pain. No more Sadness. No Regrets. No Tiredness. Nothing negative. The very Light of God Himself will illuminate Heaven. I will live for an Eternity in Peace, Love, and Joy. What can possibly compare to this new Truth?

The point is this. If you continue to live in the Past, in your old ways, in your old routine, you cannot follow Jesus. You cannot go where He goes. You cannot see what He has to show you. You cannot receive the things He has to give you. The things you have done will become the things you do. The New Truth, the new Life, the new You will never be. You will be like those that Jesus told us would be Rocky Ground or Thorns. In Matthew 13:20-22
"The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful."
You have a Clean Slate. This is a GREAT time, as we now are into the New Year, to take this opportunity, this gift, to begin anew. Lay the Foundation. Enter into the Word of God daily. Pray Daily. Spend time with God DAILY! Grow into the Person, the Child of God you are.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? Have you been to THE Tree? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"


That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be.

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 47

  Chapter 47 Jacob's Family Settles in Goshen 1 So Joseph went in and told Pharaoh, “My father and my brothers, with their flocks and he...