Sunday, July 9, 2017

The Narrow Gate, Part 2

There is only one Way.


Jesus said this.
"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." {Matthew 7:13-14}
Last time we discussed the three things that are essential to finding it.

1- You must first believe

2- There is only ONE Way, Truth, and Life.

3- Some "Christians" will find their way through the Wide Gate.

Last time we talked about the simple fact that before you accept the Truth, you must first learn what the Truth is. In order to accept God, Jesus, Salvation, ETC, you have to first hear, then believe in these things.

What we are talking about today is the second Truth and Key to the Narrow Gate. There is only ONE Gate. One Doorway. One address. One entry point. One. There are not many paths to Heaven. God is not whatever you chose to think of Him as. He is who and what He is.

Look, I am Peter. I am who and what I am. Now, you can call me something else, my name is still Peter. You can pretend that I am 7 foot tall. I'm not. You can pretend that I am Blonde with Blue eyes. I am not. You can pretend and even believe that I am a Rocket Scientist. I am not. No, my friend, when you get to know the REAL me, you get the real me. I am who and what I am regardless of what you like, dislike, believe, or not believe. None of that EVER changes based on your conception or acceptance.

God is who and what He is regardless of what you like, dislike, believe, or not believe. None of that EVER changes based on your conception or acceptance. He is a very REAL Person and has a very REAL plan for YOU. He has made the way simple and all inclusive. See, there's the rub. This Fact, has been totally twisted and changed to say that saying Jesus IS the only "way, and the truth, and the life," you are called Hate-filled, Narrow Minded, and a Fool, trying to exclude all other beliefs besides yours. None of that changes the Fact that
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." {John 14:6}
None of that changes this Fact either. In John 10:1-11
Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber. But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.” This figure of speech Jesus used with them, but they did not understand what he was saying to them.

So Jesus again said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."
Pretty clear cut? Is it not? There is no other way. Sorry. Being good will not get you there. Simply believing in God will not get you there. Religion will not get you there. There is only one way. Jesus. He is the Way. He is the Door. He is the Gate.

Last time we talked about the Restaraunt Biljane's. I never went there because one, I never heard of it. Then when I heard of it, I never went there because no one ever told me how to get there. Now they have told me that I have to go through the Tunnel named Jesus and go straight up Salvation Way. I still do not go. Why? Because I do not like the name of the Tunnel? I do not like the Straight Road? I figure there must be another way? But there is not.

Now Biljane's is there. Sitting there. Waiting. It does not care if I am Rich, or not. It does not care if I am Black or White. It does not care what Restaraunt I usually dine at. It does not care if I believe it is there or not. It does not judge me. It does not condemn me. It is just there waiting. Either I go, or I do not. The way is there. The Choice is Mine.

God is the same. Saying you must accept His way is NOT discriminatory. It does not exclude anyone other than, those that CHOSE to be excluded. God is "no respecter of persons" {Romans 2:11} {Acts 10:34} He does not care if you are Rich or Poor, Male or Female, Black or White. He does not care what Religion you grew up in. He loves YOU. He is waiting for YOU. All you, ANYONE, and EVERYONE, have to do is accept that Jesus IS the WAY. The TRUTH. The LIFE. and what?
"No one comes to the Father except through me." {John 14:6}
It does not matter if you were a Muslim. If you were a Buddhist. If you were a Jew. None of that matters. ALL that matters is that you accept Jesus. All that matters is you go "Through Jesus to the Road of Salvation." Remember what Jesus taught us in John 3:16-21
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
So first you have to believe in God. After all
"And without faith, it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him." {Hebrews 11:6}
Then you have to accept that the only way to get to God is through Jesus because that is the Way God set up. That is the Location and the Directions. That is where God is waiting for you to arrive. Oh, and by the way, He does not Condemn you if you chose not to go. Remember,
"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God."
Simply put, you do not go to Heaven because you chose not to. You chose to live in the World? Romans 8:5-8
"For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh, but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God."
Or you chose that you do not like this whole Jesus Concept or Idea and you become offended thinking there must be another way? John 14:6
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
What about those that accept there is a God, claim Jesus, and try to go to Heaven based on Works they do and how man sees them? That is what we will be discussing next time. The fact that even some "Christians" will find their way through the Wide Gate.

We are almost there. Look up. Can you see it? The Narrow Gate is straight ahead. Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray.

"Oh Heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all. Amen.
{2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 50

 Chapter 50 1 Then Joseph fell on his father's face and wept over him and kissed him. 2 And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians...