Sunday, July 2, 2017

The Narrow Gate, Part 1

True Faith


Jesus said this in Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
"What does this mean? It almost sounds like He is saying that unless you accept Him, you will not go to Heaven. It sounds like He is saying that ONLY those that accept Him will go to Heaven. It almost sounds like even some of those who profess Jesus IS Lord, will not go to Heaven? Really? What is this all about?"

The simple answer is YES. Yes. To all those questions.

1- You must first believe

2- There is only ONE Way, Truth, and Life.

3- Yes, even some "Christians" will find their way through the Wide Gate.
"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
Today we will look at the most obvious. Hebrews 11:6
"And without faith, it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him."
Kinda makes sense. Does it not? I mean, if I am going to accept the Gift of Salvation, I must first believe that there is Salvation, and I have to accept the WAY to accept Salvation. Romans 10:14
"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?"
Simply put, you can't.

Bill and Jane start their Dream. They open their own Restaurant. They love cooking and only produce the best using the best ingredients. The Restuarant itself is beautiful. People fall in love just walking in the door. Bill and Jane themselves are great people. People that become like Family after the first time you meet them. I, however, have never been there. Why? I did not know that Bill and Jane opened a Restaurant.

Now? Someone told me about this GREAT new Restaurant, They told me the Food was some of the best they ever had and they highly recommended it to me. They told me about the Beauty and the great people Bill and Jane are. I still have never been there. Why? They never told me how to get there.

Just like there is only one address and one way to get to the Restuarant, there is only one address and one way to get to God. More on that next time. But the first step is simple, I have to first hear about it. Romans 10:17
"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
I have to hear that,
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." {John 3:16}
You must hear these truths before they become a possibility of you accepting them as Truth. Now someone told me about Bill and Jane's Restaurant. They told me the Address. Gave me Directions even. Now it is up to me to go or not to go. But NOW the Choice is mine.

I chose not to believe them. I chose to not follow the Directions and I decide not to go. I do not meet Bill and Jane. I do not see the beauty. I do not try the food. I totally miss out on what could have been the best dining experience I have ever had. Who's fault is it? Mine.

Bill and Jane did not shut me out. They did not deny me a meal. They did not say to me that I cannot enter in because it is a punishment of my disbelief. Simply put, Bill and Jane do not even know who I am. They do not really care about me. You know who they do care about? Those that DO come to see them. They serve those people. Not punish those that do not come. Back to John 3, verse 18
"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God."
Again, more on this next time, but read that again. "but whoever does not believe is condemned already," There is nothing you have to do other than, simply, not believe. There is nothing God is going to do to you. Nothing the Devil is going to do to you. There is no Punishment as we see Punishment. Simply put, you are condemned already. Just like the Restaurant, "Biljane's," I will not go to Heaven if I hear about it, the Directions on how to get there, and I chose to not believe or not go.

I chose to believe what they tell me. I follow the Directions and go down the ONLY road that leads to "Biljane's" I arrive. I go in. I meet Bill and Jane. I see the beauty and I sit and order my meal. It comes. I do enjoy it immensely. I'm in the Heaven of Restaurants. Why? Because I heard about it from others. AND, because I went. I followed the Directions.

Now that I have been there, I want to share it with others. So I start telling people about it. Now, they like me, have heard about it, and now they will decide on their own, for themselves, if they are going to go or not. You have met your obligation and told them the truth. Now it is, like it was with you, totally up to them.

So before you can even hope to find Heaven, God, Jesus, the Narrow Gate, you must first hear that they exist. That we are not here because of some kind of cosmic accident that produced something from nothing, then EVERYTHING came from the first something that came from nothing, which is Scientifically and Mathematically impossible. You have to HEAR the Truth. ACCEPT the Truth. BELIEVE the Truth. Then, and only then, can this apply to you.
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." {John 8:32}
Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh Heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Right Up, Book of Mark

 Let's chat Hey folks, if you have been with us here at TAG, {The Truth According to God} for the past 50 weeks, congratulations, you j...