Sunday, October 23, 2016

Denying Jesus The Christ

How strong is your Faith?


"Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended... Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee." Simon Peter
Remember what Jesus told us??
"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven." {Matthew 10:32-33}
So my question is to you, How strong is your Faith? I know I know, you may feel just like Peter. You may feel that you would never Deny Christ. That you would never deny Jesus. Especially if you have just been Saved. But are you sure about that? Remember, Peter was.. Here is the whole Conversation...
"Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad. But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee.

Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended.

Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples."
{Matthew 26:31-35}
We all know what happened after right???
"Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee. But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest. And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth. And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man. And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee.

Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew. And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly."
{Matthew 26:69-75}
Now there are actually Three ways that you can, and some do, Deny Christ..

Remaining Silent
Outright
Denying His Godhood


First, you become Saved. You become Adopted into the Family of God. You become a Child of God, yet you say nothing. This is the most common. For various reasons, some count this as a Secret Occurrence, or Agreement. A Private Matter. Something that should never be shared. They do so for various reasons..

Fear of what others may think of them.
Fear of offending someone.
Assuming that they do not know enough to share anything.
They are told that they had better NEVER talk about this sort of thing.
Fear of Persecution.


So here you are. You have the GREATEST GIFT you could ever, that ANYONE could EVER receive, and you are keeping it to yourself. Think about that. You are watching some of the people you actually LOVE the most, head straight to the Gates of Hell because you are afraid of offending them or what they may think of you?

This is like saying that my Son Josh loves to playing in the Street. I don't want him to think of me as an old fuddy-duddy or I do not want to infringe on his "Right" to make up his own mind and do as he will, so I say nothing. Then when a Truck comes speeding down the road and takes him out? What? I can throw may hands up and say "Well, it was his Choice."

But was it? Was it an informed one? I knew the Truth of what could happen, yet I did not share it. He died in his ignorance and I allowed it to happen. Is there someone you love, playing in the Traffic of Life? The truth is really simple as we have been discussing lately. Accept Jesus and Live. Reject Jesus and Die. It really is that simple. No more complicated than that.

"But I know nothing of the Bible. I couldn't possibly talk to anyone about it. I have no Idea who Nebuchadnezzar was, or what Revelations say. I'm not even totally sure where to find the Ten Commandments.. I'm not a Pastor. There are people far more knowledgeable and they care talk on these things."

Again, Accept Jesus and Live. Reject Jesus and Die. Learn and memorize these couple of passages.. John 3:16-18. John 10:1-21, John 14:6, This is all just one Book in the Bible. But it is the Simple Truth.. Accept Jesus and Live. Reject Jesus and Die. There is no other way.

WAIT!!!! You cannot talk about that. What is wrong with you. You are Hate filled and a narrow minded, disgraceful person. You mean to tell me EVERY other Religion is wrong? You mean to tell me, that ANYONE who does not accept your little Jesus, is going to hell? Jesus may have been a great Teacher, but so was Mohammad and so was Buddha. Who are you to judge me, or anyone else. My little old Grandmother who never did anyone any harm, never accepted your Jesus. You telling me she is in Hell? You Arrogant, Racist, Bigoted, Chauvinistic, Homophobic Hick..

Sorry. First, I have no idea what was in your Grandmother's Heart. God does. It is all about a one on one relationship with Him. Second, I do not judge anyone, I have Sinned so much I deserve to go to Hell. It is solely but His Grace that I am Saved. I judge no one. However, lastly, to answer your question about other "Religions" Religion is not Salvation. No Religion is Salvation. Again, it is about a one on one relationship with God that you can only have through Jesus. Sorry if this offends you..

What about those who will persecute you? Jesus told us this.. First he told us that they WILL.
"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me." {John 15:18-21}
This is why Jesus made this Statement..
"Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God: But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God. And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven. And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say: For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say."{Luke 12:8-12}
You see, Peter tried to remain silent. That did not work. They he outright denied Jesus out of Fear He was about to be tortured and killed with Him. Jesus restored him in the End. He can and will restore you. However, if you deny the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Adoption, it cannot Adopt you. In other words, it cannot come into your life and make you a new Person. You reject the Power of God. You turn away His only plan of Salvation. That is the total outright rejection that cannot be forgiven.

So be careful Child of God. Remember Romans 8:14?
"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."
Do not be afraid. Do not be ashamed. Do not be silent. BE the Child of God you are..

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sub Series 2 Ghosts

 Ghosts, spooks, and spirits  We are currently in a sub-series of the “Getting to Know the Force” series. We have already talked about Angel...