Sunday, May 29, 2016

Hugging God

Why Worship God?



Why do we worship God? Seriously, Is this really important? I've never been one of those. You know, A "Free Worshiper." You know, those that have no problem raising both hands, dancing down the isle, screaming to the top of their lungs, falling on their face in the middle of the Service. Even the Bible says that David, Danced wildly, playing an Instrument, while bringing the Ark to the City of David. Oh, a side note here. he was not naked. {2 Samuel 6:14} But his actions were most definitely not, uh, Kingly.

I, on the other hand? I would maybe put up one hand. Oh, maybe like, I don't know, half way? There would be that thing inside me that says "look around, who is looking at you, what are they thinking of you?" I would attempt to justify this behavior, in my head, never out-loud, by asking, why? Seriously, He is God. He doesn't need me to tell Him how great He is. He doesn't need me to dance around and act the fool. I do not really get the whole point.. Others are doing it. Great, let them.. Then I do not have to.

So why is this important? Well, let's set aside the fact that it IS the First Commandment.. Actually, you can say it is the first THREE Commandments..

1- "I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

2- "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments."

3- "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain." {Exodus 20:2-7}

Jesus summed them up with this one..
"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment" {Matthew 22:36-37}
Why? Well, He IS God.
"Then the Levites, Jeshua, and Kadmiel, Bani, Hashabniah, Sherebiah, Hodijah, Shebaniah, and Pethahiah, said, Stand up and bless the Lord your God for ever and ever: and blessed be thy glorious name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise.

Thou, even thou, art Lord alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee."
{Nehemiah 9:5-6 }
Forget the fact HE created EVERYTHING. He created YOU.. He promises that He will be with you always..
"And the covenant that I have made with you ye shall not forget; neither shall ye fear other gods. But the Lord your God ye shall fear; and he shall deliver you out of the hand of all your enemies." {2 Kings 17:38-39}
No. Let's set all that aside. Let's talk about YOU. Do you know who you are now? Seriously. Do you know? You believe?
"But to all who did receive Him, who believed in his name, them He gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God." {John 1:12–13}
You received, and became?..
"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." {Romans 8:15}
Because you are a Child of God now??
"And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father." {Galatians 4:6}
Abba Father??? Think Daddy. That's right. You now have the RIGHT to boldly walk into the very Throne Room of God, The Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the Is All, and the Great I Am, and ask Him whatsoever you chose. He wants you to call Him Daddy. He wants to be your Father.

I want to share with you a story of how this Message, yes, this very Sermon came to be. It was an action, and, three words softly spoken. I AM a Father. I have three kids. Joshua, Elijah, and my Baby Girl, Maya. I am with them all the time. I am there to meet their needs. I am there whenever they want to talk to me, ask me questions. I am there when they are awake, I am there when they are asleep. I am there.Protecting them. Loving them. Caring for them. Not just an hour or two a week, if they feel like showing up at my House. I am with them always. That is the kind of relationship God wants to have with us..

But here is the story. It was a normal, humdrum, boring, nothing special, Tuesday. I just got done working. I just got home and cooked for the kiddies. It was getting late, so I was getting the Kiddies ready for bed. I just gave Maya a bath and was getting her into her Jammies. Now keep in mind, there is nothing special going on. I did not just give them all gifts. I did not break out the Ice Cream or Treat of any kind. I did not bring them home a Present. Nothing. I had a tough day. I was tired. I was just going through the routine. Then out of nowhere, for no apparent reason, Maya stands up on the bed, walks over to me, wraps both those little arms around my big neck and squeezed as hard as she could. She then pulled herself up to my ear, and softy said, "Love you Daddy."

My Universe STOPPED. EVERYTHING STOPPED!!! My Heart melted. My troubles faded away. Nothing else mattered at that point in time than my precious, beautiful, sweet, little Girl. At that very moment, I would have given her the Universe. Whatsoever she asked me. It would have been hers. My total attention was on her. I loved her more than I thought possible.

I got good news for ya. This is how God feels when we Praise Him. When we Pray to Him, Laugh with Him, cry with Him, read His Word, this is all our daily routine. This is the type of relationship that God wants to have with us. But when we Praise Him? For no reason. Not because He just dropped a new car in our Driveway, or Steak on our Plate. Not because we just hit the Lotto. Not because of any other reason than this. We love our Daddy. When we Praise God, what we are doing is attempting to stretch out our little arms and wrap them around that big neck of God, and squeeze as hard as we can. What we are trying to do is pull ourselves up to God's ear and softly say, "Love you Daddy."

You see, God is more interested in you loving Him and allowing Him to love you. But you have to have the right Mind..
"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." {Romans 12:1-2}
Samuel said...
"Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams." {1 Samuel 15:22}
See, God want you to think of Him as "Abba Father." He wants to BE your Daddy. He wants to be able to teach you all things. He wants to be there when you lay down and get up. He wants to be there when you go out and come in. He wants to be there to Laugh with you, and the Comfort you when you need it. He wants to be the one who meets your needs. To Provide for you. Forget what you think. Forget what you may think people around you might be thinking. Don't you want to give God a Hug. When we Praise Him and Worship Him, we do just that.

Yes of course He knows who He is. That's not the point. The point is, we are saying "Love you Daddy." Trust me, this does get His attention. This becomes a Moment between you and the God of the Universe. An intimate and the most personal Moment. Why Worship God? If for no other reason, He is now your Daddy. He loves you. Time to show Him, you love Him. What do you say?

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 50

 Chapter 50 1 Then Joseph fell on his father's face and wept over him and kissed him. 2 And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians...