Sunday, February 28, 2016

The Poisonous Fruit Of the Flesh, Wrath

Wrath


Now here is one of those "The Poisonous Fruit Of the Flesh," that I, and many others, KNOW, we have eaten from, and one we all know we must avoid. This is one that I'm still working on. I have always known growing up, that I have this inside me. I was a Loner. I have really only had a handful of friends my entire life.

I was a quiet kid. I played with our "neighborhood gang" and tried the whole Boy Scouts, Sports Team, stuff. Mostly for my Grandma or Mom. I tried not to get into trouble. I really preferred to just keep to myself. I was always happiest when I was alone.

If some kid decided to attempt to pick on me in School, actually, to tell you the truth, that only happened once. This kid was making threats and acting like a tough guy. I stood up and took my outside Flannel Shirt off and he sat down and never said a word to me again. He saw something in my eyes.

See, I was quiet. Polite. Always concerned with how others were more so than myself. I was a good kid. But I could feel it. Then one day, something did not go as planned. I could feel this thing stirring within me. Then, how I can only describe as growing inside me. Then??? ROOOAAAARRRR!!!!!!!!

That's right, the Big Green Guy, who lives in some of us, decided to come out. Now I understand that the "Incredible Hulk" is a Comic Book, TV, Movie, Character. David / Bruce Banner's alter-ego. Mild mannered man who turns into an 8 to 10 foot giant green monster that destroys stuff without much thought. However, I got news for ya. In some of us? The Hulk is real.

Now I'm 244 pounds. I go to the gym. I work out. I have an extremely high tolerance to pain. My Wife tells me all the time, that she doesn't think I know my own strength. Now imagine, couple all that with a blind, unthinking, RAGE, with one purpose. Destroy whatever is the target of that wrath. Oh I've destroyed many inanimate objects. From Household items, to cell phones, to cookware, even a car. Not joking. Over the past 10 years, yes, I have scared my Wife. I have scared other family members. My kids, if they were to be honest, will tell you, Daddy is scary when he gets angry.

Speaking of this, as a side note. Something that helps me keep the Wrath under control around my kids? Let me share this with you, because I truly believe it came directly from God. It was my Boy Eli. He is a mini me. He is one STRONG and FEARLESS Kid. He fell into a coffee table and cut his face at a Birthday Party and just wiped the blood away and went back to playing. When the Host asked him to allow her to clean it up and recommended that he may have to go get looked at, this little 4 year old boy, at the time, looked her in the eye, and said "It'll heal." Off he went.

So one day, I got angry with him. I sent him to his room and went in after. I was yelling a bit, and I could feel the stir inside. Then I looked into his eyes. I saw true, pure, fear. Then I got this in my Spirit. I'm it. Think about that. I'm it. I'm his Alpha and Omega. I'm his love. I'm his Provider. I'm his Protector. I'm his Comforter. Yet, here I am, scaring him because he knows, there is no hope. There is nothing higher than Daddy coming in to save him. Are you following me?

Whenever there is a Ghost in the Room. Monster under the bed. Bogyman in the Closet, strange knock on the door, Stranger when out somewhere, where do your kids turn? YOU. You are their safe haven. Just like how we should see our Heavenly Father, they see us. So what happens when it is YOU who is coming after them? Where is the hope?

So that has helped me. Being a Child of God, is helping me. I read things like...
"Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." {Romans 12:19}
I have read that. I have claimed that. I have seen that work in my life. It does not matter what ANYONE does to you. NOTHING can compare to what God will do to them. There surely is nothing you can do to them that is worthy to be compared to what God will do. I remember being used and abused in a former job. I could have attacked the person. I could have Sued the person. I could have done a lot. But I claimed the above Passage, forgave them, and within a year of leaving? The Business was sold, and the one abusing me? FIRED. God wiped out everything. I just forgave and lived on.

This is why when we become a Child of God, we must get the right mindset. Will we still get angry? Of course. Will bad stuff still happen? Of course. But we no longer need to worry. We have a better way..
"In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need. Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice." {Ephesians 4:26-31}
King Solomon warns us..
" Fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end." {Proverbs 29:11}
Again, what can you do? Someone abuses you. You attack them? You may go to jail. You may lose your job. Your Family will suffer. You try to sue them? You lose money and time. Others are hurt and effected. What can you do? Forgive them. Give them to God. Trust me. All you need to do is live on.

James tells us...
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God." {James 1:19-20}
Wrath, even if justified, is pointless. It does not produce anything positive. Also think about this aspect. What does it do to your health? People get extremely sick holding onto long lasting anger and hate. Scientific Evidence suggests that holding onto Anger, and or frequent angry outbursts, may increase the long-term risk of everything from Heart Attacks and Strokes to Poor and Slow Healing and a weakened Immune System.

This is why The Word tells us...
"Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools." {Ecclesiastes 7:9}
We do not have to dwell on Anger. We do not have to give into Rage. We have a better way. We have a release. Besides all that. Let me point out the obvious. Going back to that big green guy again. If your Phone is not working. Or your car doesn't start. Or something else goes wrong, and you allow that Rage to come out and have it's way. There will no longer be ANY chance of fixing it. Also, if you hurt yourself, destroying, oh I don't know, say your Car, because it won't start? Well, now you are hurt, and STILL have a busted Car. There really is no point.

No Child of God, be careful of the "The Poisonous Fruit Of the Flesh," called Wrath. It may smell good. It may even taste good. But it's end result is anything but good. Do not be mislead. Claim this Passage with me..
"Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." {Romans 12:19}
And learn to just simply forgive, and live on..

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 50

 Chapter 50 1 Then Joseph fell on his father's face and wept over him and kissed him. 2 And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians...