Sunday, November 15, 2015

Pride of the Chosen Obedience

Where is my Power and Authority over Sin and Adversity?


The Word declares that I am special. That I am unique. That I have come out from the World. That I am a Child of God. The Word declares that....
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."{Romans 8:28}
The Word tells us that we are filled with the Spirit of God and that NOTHING can harm us. The Word tells us how the Disciples had all this power over evil spirits and was able to do all these things. Where is MY power? I read things like this...
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." {Matthew 7: 7-8}
And again,
"And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." {John 14:13-14}
However, I'm still hurting. I asked for a new car, for mine was running rough. It died. I asked for a raise or promotion on my Job because my pay is not paying the bills. I get laid off. I asked for a million dollars so I no longer have to suffer, yet I'm worse off than I was before. I Prayed for a sick Relative, they died. I'm starting to think this is all BS. There is no God, and if there is, He sure doesn't love me. Can you explain this?

The question is not, is The Word truthful and correct? The question is, are you being obedient? Notice all those in the Bible you read about. Moses Parting the Sea and all the things he did. David slew Goliath. Chains fell, and cell doors opened, and Paul walked out. There are amazing stories of supernatural and clear interceding of God all throughout the Bible. So why not you?

Notice the one thing they all have in common. Not just these examples, but EVERY time we see this sort of thing, what are they doing? They are serving GOD. Not themselves. Of my Children, one decides to go off on their own. Live their life the way they see fit. My other Son and Daughter stay home with me. Now the one Son who stays home with me helps an old lady cross the street. He says to me, "Daddy. I helped an old lady cross the street. I really liked helping her. I want to do more. However, the traffic is horrendous. Can you please get me one of those bright yellow or orange vests so that they can see me better?" Of course. You will have it today.

My Daughter says "Daddy, I am helping out in a food pantry. However, I noticed that they are a bit short of supplies. I want to have a fundraiser to help raise funds to supply some much needed food and supplies. Can you help?" Of course. We will have a Car Wash, Bake Sale, or something to that effect. I may even help and pitch in with some funds of my own.

Now the Son that left calls on me and says "Daddy, I'm on the street and there is this new drug. Can you send me some money so I can try it?" Or, Daddy, "I'm not going to come home. I'm not going to follow your rules. But I have spent all I have. Can you please send me more money?" My response? My Son, I love you. I'm here. You have been told that if you stay under my authority {My roof} you can have anything you ask. But you chose to go off on your own. You chose to live the way you are living.You walked away. I cannot help you. I will not assist you in destroying yourself.

Come home and I will restore you as my Son with full privileges. "No Father. I'm not my Brother. I do not feel I have to do the things he does or the things you say. I'm my own person and I will make my own choices. I guess you lied. You said you love me. You don't love me. I'm never going to follow what you say." My Son, I am here. You are there. The choice is yours to make.

You see, Moses would most likely never have even gone to the Sea, if he was not leading God's People out of Egypt. David would not have killed Goliath, if he was not in the fight. Paul would not have even been in Prison if he was not serving God. They did these things, and these things happen to them, because they were being obedient to God.

If I tell my Son, go across the Water to the other side and cut our Neighbors grass, for she is elderly, and he says "yes Father, I will go," I will supply the Boat. When he gets there he sees the Grass is three feet high. "Daddy, I got here, but the Grass is too high. I do not know if I can cut it with my little push mower." I say, Do not worry my Son, I have arranged for a Tractor to be there for you to use.

Now would I give my children a Boat, if there was no reason? Would I have arranged a Tractor, if my Son was not in need of it? My Son received these "gifts" because he was in need of them, to complete what I asked him to do. Because he was obedient in doing what I asked him to do.

Remember Romans 8?
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."{Romans 8:28}
Notice that last part. "to them who are the called according to his purpose." To WHO'S purpose? HIS. GOD. Not yours. It does not say "We know that all things work together for good, for ourselves, to do whatsoever we will." It says "to them who are the called according to his purpose."
"And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." {John 14:13-14}
Why? "that the Father may be glorified in the Son." Would it glorify God for you to hit the Lotto, buys stuff, and sit back in ease on a big pile of money? Would it glorify God for you to live in a big house, and drive a fancy Red Sports Car? Would it glorify God for you to get all you dream of, if all you dream of, have nothing to do with God?

What would happen, if I asked my Son to go and do this and he said no? I would have to send my other Son. Or, I would even send my Daughter. I would bless THEM to do what I asked them to do. Not my Son who disobeyed me. They would receive the blessings.

If God tells you to go from A to C, it does not matter what B may be. It does not matter if B is a mile long and a mile high. I doesn't matter how deadly B may be. B does not matter at all. God tells you to go from A to C, when you get to B, GOD will make the way clear. God will tear B down. God will split B apart. God will cast B into the Sea. You do not have to worry about anything. Just be faithful and continue on.
"Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him." {John 14:23}
If, Then. If, you walk in the Rain, Then, you will get wet. If, you stay inside, Then, you will stay dry. If, you touch the hot stove, Then, you will get burned. If, you do not touch the Hot stove, Then, you will not get burned. If, you call on the name of our Lord, Then, you will be Saved. If, you do not, Then, you are not Saved. If, Then.

God wants you to be humble. Loving. Trusting. Obedient. He wants to be able to say to you, go here and do this. He wants you to love Him with all you Heat, Mind, and Soul. He wants you to have the Faith of a Child, for Him, as that Child has with his earthly Father.

He wants to empower you. He wants to mold you into the person He wants you to be. But you need to forget about YOU and start thinking about Him.
"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." {James 4:10}
Remember that Passage we were talking about last time? When the Disciples returned and were rejoicing in and were overjoyed that even evil spirits were subject to them and their authority?
"And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven." {Luke 10:17-20}
What was the reason Jesus gave them all this power? Because He sent them out..
"After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come. Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest. Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves." {Luke 10:1-3}
So they were to go before Jesus, and tell them He was coming. Then Jesus told them this..
"And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you." {Luke 10:19}
You see, Jesus called them out for a very specific reason. Go before and tell them Jesus was coming, and to heal the sick. For this reason, Jesus equipped them with what they would need. "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." Jesus gave them the Power and Authority they needed for this very specific task. Would they have received this Power and Authority if He had not sent them out? Nope. It was because they were called out to do something, and they were obedient and did it.

When Pride started to creep in and they thought, "Hey, look what we can do." Jesus corrected them quickly.
"Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven."
We can fall into the trap. We have all this Power and Authority. In Religion, we grant people with Power and Authority. But it is not about us. It is never about us. It is always about being obedient to God and His Word. Are you being obedient?

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting to Know "The Force" 7

 Gift or Talent We are back to our eight categories of “the spirit” as defined in The Word. The spirit or a driving force, is represented by...