Wednesday, June 24, 2015

2 Chronicles 7 Seeking the Kingdom of Heaven

Seeking God


Hello, welcome today. We have been discussing 2 Chronicles 7. Here is the Passage...
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
We have already discussed how you must first be a Child of God. No, we are not all Children of God. Second, God said "If". If we do this, "Then" God will do that. The first "If" is Humility. The Second "If" is Prayer. Today we will be talking about "If" we seek His face.

Again, Jesus went to great lengths in describing how we, now as Children of God, should have no fear. We should not worry about what we will eat, drink, wear, or anything else, what we need to do is...
"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."
In his letter to the Church in Colossae, Paul wrote this...
"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.

But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness." {Colossians 3:1-14}
You see, when you are seeking Him, you will not have time to worry about anything else. When you realize that God said, "I will meet your needs. I know what you need before you do." and you realize that the Creator of all that is, was, or ever will be, has got your back??? Do you think He cannot feed you? Cloth you? Do you not think He knows you need a Job? A Car? A Home?

Jesus compares God to your Early Father. He asked us this question...

{Matthew 7:9-11}
"What man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?"
God wants to be your Father. He wants you to be His Child. He wants that one on one relationship with you. When you achieve this relationship by spending time with Him. Reading the Word, Praying. Spending time with your Heavenly Family, the Church,,,,,,

{Jeremiah 29:12-14}
"Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the Lord: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the Lord; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive."
But wait... You can use this? This is God talking to Jews. I'm not Jewish. I was never led away Captive. I was never a Slave. This is God's Promise to the Jews. Not to me...

Really? Are you sure? You are in Bondage right now. You are a Slave to Fear. You are a Slave to Sin. You are under the Bondage of Death. God wants to set you free. His Promise to the Jews is the same as His Promise to you. Remember,,,,

{Romans 10:10-13}
"For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”"
Did you lose your Job? Did you lose your Home? Has a loved one Passed on? What do you do??? GOD!!!! But what if all is going good? What if you just got a new Home. A New Car? What if all is going along smoothly? Where are your thoughts on God now? During the good times? Are you a Foul Weather Child? I hope not. God want you to have that Daddy / Child  relationship with Him 24-7.

{1 Chronicles 16:8-12}
"Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people. Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works. Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord. Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually. Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;"
The Prophet Jeremiah wrote this...

{Lamentations 3:21-26}
"This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord."
Think about this. We all deserve the same fate as the Devil himself. We Sin daily. We reject God and His Word daily. We do the opposite of what He tells us daily. He made us. He made His way simple. He came and died for our Sins. He has all the answers you will ever seek. He is GOD. He is the Alpha and the Omega. The Beginning and the End. The Creator of all that is or ever will be. He is GOD. and all He wants from you, is a one on one relationship. A Parent / Child relationship. He wants you to include Him first in your life. No matter what is going on. We must Seek His face.

The good news is, those that do seek His face, will find it..Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 50

 Chapter 50 1 Then Joseph fell on his father's face and wept over him and kissed him. 2 And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians...