Sunday, June 28, 2015

2 Chronicles 7 Repentance

What does Repentance actually mean?


"I'm sorry." Do it again. "I'm sorry." Do it again. "I'm sorry."" Do it again.. How many of you are Parents? I see some hands. When you tell your child, "Do not do that." They do it anyway. What do you do? When they do it continually. What do you do? Is "I'm sorry" a magical phrase that erases the deed? Is "I'm Sorry" a legal defense? Is it OK to do whatever you want, even if you know it's wrong, as long as you say "I'm Sorry" after?

We have been discussing 2 Chronicles 7. Here it is..
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
First God says "If." He said If we Humble ourselves, If we Pray, If we seek His face. and If we Repent, THEN He will hear, forgive, and heal. We have discussed Humility. We discussed Prayer. We just discussed Seeking first, the Kingdom of Heaven. But what does Repentance actually mean? Does it mean "I'm sorry," and continuing to do it anyway? Or does it indeed mean "turn from our wicked ways"

{Luke 13:1-5}
"There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."
Jesus tells us there is no difference in Sin. Sin is Sin. If you are guilty of Sin, you are worthy of death. It does not matter if your Sin is Lying, Stealing, Sexual Immorality, or Murder. If you are, and you are by the way, guilty of Sin, they you are worthy of death. There is only one reason you will not die, and be separated from God for all eternity. His name is Jesus the Christ.

It doesn't matter who you think you are. It does not matter how much money you have. It does not matter the color of your skin. It does matter what man-made Tradition, called Religion, that your Parents practice. All that matters is if you accept Jesus's Sacrifice for you. Allow His blood to be a substitute for your blood. Allow His death, rather, His Resurrection, to be payment for all your Sins. He came, humbled Himself, and laid down His life for you. He died so that you didn't have to. All you have to do to receive the Spirit of Adoption , is believe He did all this for you. He made the way simple. He made the way all inclusive.

{Mark 16:16}
"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
Paul wrote,,,

{Romans 10:13}
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
It is not an exclusive club. It is wide open and totally free for any to join.

Peter Put it this way....

{2 Peter 3:9}
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."
However, what happens if you do this, then continue to live your life as you did before? Many question if you actually meant it. Some question if you CAN be Saved and continue to Sin. You must be careful. John teaches us that even the Children of God Sin. He said this...

{1 John:8-10}
"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."
So we all Sin daily. We need to Pray, and ask forgiveness Daily. If we do, "he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." But be careful that you are not WILLFULLY Sinning. In other words, "I'm Saved, so I can do whatsoever I want." This is NOT true..

Just like you, your Heavenly Father loves His Children. Just like you, Your Heavenly Father knows what is best for His Children. Just like you, your Heavenly Father tells you certain things that you should not do. He does so out of love and concern for your well being. Just like you, He loves His Children unconditionally. However, just like you, He will not tolerate you Sinning against Him and His ways forever. I'm sorry only goes so far.

Paul warned us of this in his letter to the Hebrews...

{Hebrews 10:26-31}
"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."
Look, if you come to me, and say, please adopt me into your family. I agree. I tell you to be a part of my family, I will require from you the same as I would require from all my children. If you are a faithful and good child, you, as with all my children, will inherit part of my vast estate and fortune.

However, you decide to stop coming to my house. You decide to go off and do your own thing. You decide to forsake me and my family. That is totally your choice. By doing this though, you are disqualifying yourself from all my blessings and promises. I can not bless you, help you, or even love you, if you are no longer with me. I am still in my house. I am still blessing my Children. YOU chose to leave and go somewhere else. As in all things, the choice is yours.

But the good news is, you can come home. As long as you do not wait too long. Be careful Child of God. There is a VAST difference in battling your Sin and failing, and Willfully Sinning. God loves us unconditionally. Yet, God does not give anyone a license to Sin, as long as you say sorry after.

If you are truly trying to overcome your Sin, and are truly remorseful whenever you mess up, then He is "he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." However, if you Willfully Sin, thinking that you are covered because you are Saved by Christ? "There remaineth no more sacrifice for sins"

"I'm Sorry." Then doing it anyway is NOT "turning from our wicked ways." God says "IF" He then says "Then." If we "shall humble ourselves, and pray, and seek His face, and turn from our wicked ways" Then God tells us, "If" we do all these things  "then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." IF we do, Then He will do. If we do not do, then He will not do. It seems pretty simple to understand. Now we just have to do it..THEN, He will do His part. That is what we will be talking about next time..

If you are called according to His name. How? Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

Until next time, be Blessed, be a Blessing, and Jesus IS Lord..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 47

  Chapter 47 Jacob's Family Settles in Goshen 1 So Joseph went in and told Pharaoh, “My father and my brothers, with their flocks and he...