Sunday, March 30, 2014

I Don't Know

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." {Isaiah 55:8,9}


It's time to be honest. Where did God come from? I don't know. The Word declares... "In the beginning, God..." {Genesis 1:1} The Word declares "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." {Genesis 1:2} The Word declares "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."{John 1:1} The Word declares "He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. {John 1:10} The Word declares "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." {John 1:14} In the beginning, we see that God The Father, The Holy Spirit, and the Son were. Where did they come from? I don't know.

When you look at the Theory of Evolution, honestly, and you put that Theory to the Scientific Test, You see that it is actually scientifically impossible. Why? The simplest of all explanations, nothing from nothing is nothing. Nothing added to nothing is nothing. There had to first be a something. That something is God.

Do I know this to be fact? Yup. Where did God come from? I don't know. He was here, and all things we have, know, and are, are formed by Him. That I know, and where He came from really matters not, to my one on one relationship with Him.

Why does bad things happen to good people? I don't know. I do not this. The Word declares "And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." Genesis 6:5} The Word declares " for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth;" {Genesis 8:21} Truth is, most of the evils in this world are created by man. We put ourselves in the situations that cause harm and danger. We have Free Will.

Free Will? The Word declares "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." {John 3:16} IF you believe in Him. Jesus. The Word declares, "I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.” {Jesus in John 8:24}Unless you believe in Me, says Jesus. We have Free Will. Paul wrote this in his letter to the Churches of Galatia, "But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do." {Galatians 5:16-17 }

Ever see a movie, or worse yet, know someone that deals with criminal elements. You see this guy get "Whacked" {Killed} because he did not pay off his debt to the Loan Shark? See someone OD? Watch some of the Rich and Famous of Hollywood spiral out of control to the point of, and even including, death? Did God do this to them? No. They put themselves in these situations. I have Free Will to drive 55. If I chose to speed, then I subject myself to being pulled over and issued a ticket, or even being arrested. Baretta said it best. "If you don't want to do the time, don't do the crime."

I also know this. Sometimes we end up in situations for God to work through us. "And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren." {{Luke 22: 30-32} This, what we would call a bad thing, was about to happen to Peter. Jesus told him it was. Why? "strengthen thy brethren." Also consider the Woman with the issue of Blood.

Mark 5:
25 And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,

26 And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,

27 When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment.

28 For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole.

29 And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague.

30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?

31 And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?

32 And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing.

33 But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth.

34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.
This woman was inflicted of this for 12 years. 12 YEARS. She's bankrupt. She suffered much. I would say this is a bad thing happening to her. Yet at this moment in time, SHE was a tool for Jesus to show his Compassion, Power, and Majesty. A tool for Jesus to teach about the power of Faith.

Then we read that this took so much time, that Jairus's Daughter died. I would say that is bad. But what happened? Jesus turned and,,,well, let's keep reading..
35 While he yet spake, there came from the ruler of the synagogue's house certain which said, Thy daughter is dead: why troublest thou the Master any further?

36 As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.

37 And he suffered no man to follow him, save Peter, and James, and John the brother of James.

38 And he cometh to the house of the ruler of the synagogue, and seeth the tumult, and them that wept and wailed greatly.

39 And when he was come in, he saith unto them, Why make ye this ado, and weep? the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth.

40 And they laughed him to scorn. But when he had put them all out, he taketh the father and the mother of the damsel, and them that were with him, and entereth in where the damsel was lying.

41 And he took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise.

42 And straightway the damsel arose, and walked; for she was of the age of twelve years. And they were astonished with a great astonishment.

43 And he charged them straitly that no man should know it; and commanded that something should be given her to eat.
"Be not afraid, only believe." Then He raised her from the dead, and demanded that they give her something to eat. When bad things happen to good people, sometimes we do not know the reason, but we do know this "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." {Romans 8:28}

If God so loves us, that He sent Jesus into the world to die for us, why does He not just destroy the Devil and rid us of Sin once and for all. Uh, He WILL. When? I don't know. Here is something to think about. Neither does anyone else. "But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." {Matthew 24:36} "But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed." {2 Peter 3:10} Anyone telling you that the World is going to end next Tuesday, is lying to you. Truth is, no one knows, nor can they.

Why does God only seem to call a few elect people? I don't know. I do know that the Word declares "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." {2 Peter 3:9} God wants ALL to come to repentance and wants NO ONE to end up in Hell. Perhaps it goes back to the whole Free Will thing. He can call you, but it's up to you to chose to follow Him or not. Think about Judas. He Chose Him. Did He choose him because He knew what he would do? Did He choose him TO do what he did? I don't know. But He chose Judas, and Judas betrayed Him leading up to the Crucifixion and Resurrection.

Think about that also. Would you call it bad, what the people did to Jesus? Strip Him. Beat Him. Drive Nails into Him, hanging Him on a Cross? I do not think I would chose this for a casual Friday activity. But look what Jesus said to Peter. "Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels? But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?" {Matthew 26:52-54}

Sometime we must go across a Street, pass through the River, go over a Mountain, to get to the other side. Sometimes we must pass through Storms to see the Sun. We must have Nights, so that we can have Days. Do I know everything about God? No. I can't. He is God, and I am not. Truth is, what God Himself said to us..
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." {Isaiah 55:8,9}
We must simply trust in Him. We must simply trust in His Word. We must allow Him to be our Father, and us, His Children. I don't know everything. But I know He does..

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. {2 Corinthians 13}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Right Up, Book of Mark

 Let's chat Hey folks, if you have been with us here at TAG, {The Truth According to God} for the past 50 weeks, congratulations, you j...