Sunday, December 15, 2013

Rainbows and Promises

God is always present, and always faithful.

Ever look up to the sky, following a rainstorm, and see the Rainbow? They can be quite the sight. Beautiful in the calmness after the storm. But what does it mean? Are Rainbows nothing more than what Science would tell us. Light reflecting from the mist left over. Like a crystal hanging in your window, bending light into fractions that then appear as rainbowed colored light dancing on the wall? Or is there more to Rainbows than this.

Truth is, a Rainbow was created by the same that created all things. God. Rainbows were also created for a very specific reason. Rainbows are more than a simple play of light. They are a tangible, physical, visible, sign created by God, and a promise to Noah, that all will be OK, It is a sign of the Covenant between God and Man. Well, we say between God and Man, however, it is more accurately stated, a sign of God's promise to Man. We had little to do with it.

A Covenant is a binding agreement or Contract. You and I enter into a Covenant. I say I will do this if you do that. It's a Contract. If you do not do this or that, or I fail to do this or that, then the Covenant is broken and a Suit can take place legally.

However, the Rainbow is a sign of what God calls His Covenant with us. He promised to never totally destroy His Creation again. As long as we??? God will do this, IF????? The Covenant is broken IF??? There is no IF. There is no "If you {Meaning us} fail."

A little history. God Created all things, and Man, and place Man in charge of all things. Man, in turn gave this authority over to the "Lord of the air." Lucifer, Satan, The devil. Man was cast out of the Garden and Sin entered the World. Mankind's heart turned evil continuously and the inventions thereof. So God repented that He made man and had every intention of destroying ALL His Creation, presumably to start over, but He found one faithful. Noah.

God tells Noah He will destroy all of Creation, but will spare Noah, his Wife, three Sons and their Wives, and all that Noah brings into the Ark that God gives the plans for Noah to build. Noah does. God destroys all life outside the Ark, and now we come to the Waters subsiding and Noah and those in the Ark emerging.

Genesis 9:
1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

7 And you, be ye fruitful, and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth, and multiply therein.

8 And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying,

9 And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you;

10 And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth.

11 And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:

15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.

16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.
Now notice God did not tell Noah, as long as you,,,I will honor this Covenant. No. God said "And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. And God said, This is the token of the Covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth."

It is because of this Covenant that caused God to, create the Races, and then to send Prophets, and ultimately force Him to come as Jesus, to pay for our Sins. Even after all this, "Mankind's heart was still evil continuously and the inventions thereof." Yet, because of God's Covenant with Noah, God could and will never totally destroy His Creation again, as He did before. This is the meaning of the Rainbow.

There will be Storms in your life. The World tells you, you should look for the "Silver Lining." As a Child of God, you need not look for a "Silver Lining," rather, look for the sign of the Covenant. A tangible, physical, visible, sign created by God, that all will be OK.

Just like the Storms in nature, the Storms in our personal life come in three ways. First, here we are, running around and playing under blue skies. Birds are singing, we got sunglasses on. And all of a sudden it turns dark and scary. All of a sudden, water starts dropping down on us, the wind picks up, and thunder strikes. We are in the midst of a Storm that we never saw coming.

Then, there are certain times, certain season, where we expect Storms to come. In Spring, rain. In Summer, thunder, in in Winder Snow. Etc. Here in Sunny South Florida, we know that there are certain times when we expect the possibility of Hurricanes. In the Middle of the Country, Tornadoes. ETC. Sometimes in your life, you know that you are entering into a situation or circumstance, where there may be Storms. This allows you to get ready for them.

The last is you see the Storm coming. You know beyond a doubt the the Storm is very real, formed, and heading directly at you. Did you know that sometimes, God will warn you in advance, that it's coming and you need not worry?

You see, in the Bible there were three men that saw Rainbows. Noah, of course, at the creation of Rainbows. Ezekiel, who saw the rainbow in the midst of the Storm. Then you have John, who saw the rainbow before the Storm. We will be talking abut Ezekiel, and John, next time.

Make no mistake about it. A Rainbow is more than light refracting through water vapors, or dancing through crystals. Rainbows are a sign to YOU, Child of God, that no matter the Storm, all will be OK. God is in charge. Trust in Him. Although a Storm may come and destroy things in you life, the same God that restored the World after the Flood, can restore the things in your life, whatever they may be, after the Storm.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen
. {2 Corinthians 13}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 50

 Chapter 50 1 Then Joseph fell on his father's face and wept over him and kissed him. 2 And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians...