Sunday, September 22, 2013

Seven Truths Every Child of God Must Know. 3

What you make happen for others, God will make happen for you.


That sounds an awful lot like the "Golden Rule." Does it not? Look at what Jesus told us...

Matthew 7:
12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
Does that say, do unto other and they will do likewise unto you? Nope. It says do unto other as you would like them to do unto you. Treat others the way you would like to be treated. It does not say they WILL. It says do it anyway. Even if you get mistreated in return. Why? Because it really doesn't matter what they do. God is more concerned with what YOU do. If you are doing as God Wills, GOD will make the returns so much better.

Jesus tells us,,

Matthew 6:
14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Again, look at what He actually says here. Forgive so that God will forgive you. He did not say, forgive them and they will forgive you. No. He says forgive them so that God can forgive you. Now of course when you hurt someone or wrong them, you ask for, and truly desire, their forgiveness. However, even if they do not give their forgiveness to you, God is already forgiving you for the Sins you commit against Him. Who's forgiveness do you feel you should seek more?

Trespasses and offenses will come. People will use you, misuse you, offend you, sometimes on purpose, sometimes not. It is your duty to forgive them. Because here's the thing. You WILL use , misuse, disobey and offend, God. You just will. No matter how holy you may think you are. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." {Romans 3:23} So when we forgive others, as God commands us, He can forgive us.

Luke 17:
3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.
The same is true when it comes to giving. Why do we Tithe? Why should we give to those less fortunate?

Malachi 3:
8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.
"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house," Go is not talking about Prime Rib. The Word Meat here means to meet the needs of those in need. Perhaps that does include food. but it could also mean cloths. It could means a temporary shelter. It could mean a vast number of things. What it means is to meet the needs of, the Family of God.

Does this say if you give money to the Church that other people will give you money? NO. It says, "and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." GOD is the one who will give unto you. GOD is the one who will bless you. Not man. God. You do for others, so that God will do for you.

When you tithe, if you are tithing in the right place, you are arranging for the possibility for the poor and needy to be taken care of. You are feeding the hungry. Clothing the naked. You are healing the sick. You are sharing the good tidings with them. You are comforting those who morn. You are blessing them. You may not be going down to the inner-city and handing out sandwiches on a street corner, although you could, but you are insuring that the Church you attend, as long as they are doing the right thing, has the means to do the same. Is this important?

Matthew 25:
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Uh, yeah. I think this is important. Now think about this for a second. If you give money to someone who has none, how do you feel they will give it back? If you feed someone who doesn't have the means to fend for themselves, how do you feel they will give you food back? We are not to do things with the expectation of the favor being returned from and by those we do for. We should be doing it with the EARNEST expectation of being Blessed by God Himself.

This is why Jesus tells us to love one another and to even love our enemies..

Matthew 5:
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
For you see, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." {Romans 5:8} Picture this. Truly get it. While men were stripping and beating Jesus, driving nails through His hands and feet, and hanging Him on the Cross, He was forgiving them. What is it that someone has done to you, that is even worthy to be compared? Forgive them, and let God deal with it. Forgive them, let God forgive you. Do good for them, so that God can do good for you. Treat others as you would like them to treat you, and if they do not, then they are in God's Hands. God will take care of them, and God will bless you. Just BE the Child of God you are.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you been adopted into the Family of God? If not, say this Prayer. Right now. Wherever you may be. Say it in your own words, and do not doubt in your heart. God will hear you. He will send the Spirit of Life to you. Let us Pray..

"Oh heavenly Father, Lord God. I am a sinner. I know this. I know there is nothing I can do to change that. But I know you can. I accept Jesus's sacrifice for me. I repent my sins. Please send the Spirit of Adoption into my life. Help me to get to know the real you. Save me. Please. In the name of Jesus, Amen!"

That's it. It really is that simple. Now go tell someone what you have just done. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." {Romans 10:9} You need to find a Church that God leads you to, and be Baptized the way Jesus said to be. You are now a Child of God. A new Creature. You "have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." {Colossians 3:10}

If you want to tell me, or comment, question, give testimonials, or just say "Hi," the Email is opntalk@gmail.com

Until next time, be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus IS Lord of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Genesis, Chapter 47

  Chapter 47 Jacob's Family Settles in Goshen 1 So Joseph went in and told Pharaoh, “My father and my brothers, with their flocks and he...